3-22-11 Mega Millions 244,000,000 UPDATE: 312 MILL is next!

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by bc60997

This thread makes me laugh...of course everyone wants to win and YES IT WILL BE ME ON FRIDAY...

People talking about they go in unless you are buying 1000's of tickets then you are not increasing your chances whatsoever and at that the increase is so small that it isn't worth the trade off. Whether you buy $1 or $5, you are not going to increase your chances by anything that warrants the money you are probably wasting.

Again if you hit $304 million and bought two tickets instead of one of course you would tell me I am an idiot, but mathematically it does not make sense.

Debbie-Downer.jpg

save the statistics lessons buddy...i don't think anybody in here is spending mortgage money on quick picks...i understand the -ev and the fact that i have more of a chance of getting into a car accident on the way to pick up my tickets but the if i buy 5 tickets and you buy zero my chances, no matter how small, are greater than yours

plus its all 50/50 - i win or i don't
laugh.gif

6f06ba96_applause1.gif

Both of you obviously missed the point.  I was simply stating a few facts, which I guess is a little to advanced for some of you.  I don't think anyone spends mortgage money on them.  I will be right there with you I buy a couple tickets usually when it gets up this high.
wink.gif

I'm play 5 bucks QP tomorrow if i win i'll hook eveyone up in here with something nice...... way too much money for me
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

I'm play 5 bucks QP tomorrow if i win i'll hook eveyone up in here with something nice...... way too much money for me
pimp.gif

Ima hold u to this don

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

pimp.gif

in on this

Originally Posted by Bassy Telfair

304 million is just
eek.gif

well if i win 10,000 to each of my #NT Twitter followers
wink.gif
I don't use twitter, but can I has some?

Gonna go buy some tomorrow...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

If you win, would you cash it out or disburse it?

At this point, I can do the 26 annual payments, especially since I had this clarified

9. What happens to Mega Millions payments if the winner dies before collecting?

If a winner dies before receiving all annual payments, Mega Millions will continue to pay the annual payments, as scheduled, to the winner's designated beneficiary or to the winner's estate.

Winners who choose the annuity method will receive 26 annual Mega Millions payments. Check with your state lottery for more specific information.

But i'd feel much more comfortable knowing that the money is in someone elses name in the event I die after I took the lump payment.

If I win, everybody is getting something real nice.......... except for bc60997

Hahahha glad to hear I am sure everyone will get something I would be so sad to miss out on. Not sure why the hate like I said I buy a few tickets too just stating that odds don't increase until a certain point...smh at the kids feeling overwhelmed.

I went with bc's 3/2 odd/even, don't let the numbers end in the same digit advice
laugh.gif

Here's to us, my dude
pimp.gif

I'll be holding an NT world summit, and, hook everybody up in this thread if I win. Pray for me

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

At this point, I can do the 26 annual payments, especially since I had this clarified

If a winner dies before receiving all annual payments, Mega Millions will continue to pay the annual payments, as scheduled, to the winner's designated beneficiary or to the winner's estate.

Winners who choose the annuity method will receive 26 annual Mega Millions payments. Check with your state lottery for more specific information.
But i'd feel much more comfortable knowing that the money is in someone elses name in the event I die after I took the lump payment.

but why take it as an annuity?  dont you have enough confidence in your own abilities (or that of the financial advisor that you will undoubtedly hire) to make a better rate of return than what the Lottery is paying you?

Cash value is $198MM today versus 26 annual payments of $12MM/yr.  Assuming you compound monthly, thats LESS than a 4% rate.  Any legitimate financial advisor should be able to make you more than a 4% return in their sleep.

Mojodmonky1 wrote:
CincoSeisDos wrote:
LeroyTheGreat38 wrote:

but why take it as an annuity?  dont you have enough confidence in your own abilities (or that of the financial advisor that you will undoubtedly hire) to make a better rate of return than what the Lottery is paying you?

Cash value is $198MM today versus 26 annual payments of $12MM/yr.  Assuming you compound monthly, thats LESS than a 4% rate.  Any legitimate financial advisor should be able to make you more than a 4% return in their sleep.

There is the will I go crazy with the spending factor.
 I'm taking the cash But I would want to know about a non taxable way to shield myself from at least 100 million of that money.

Back
Top Bottom