30 story hotel built in 15 days

http://www.huffingtonpost...t-15-days_n_1194397.html

Video in link ^^

Constructing a skyscraper once took months if not years to build. But not anymore, and certainly not in China.

In this recently released time-lapse video, a 30-story hotel is built in just 15 days, or 360 hours.

Constructed in Dongting Lake in Hunan province, the hotel is 170,000 square feet and can withstand a 9.0 earthquake reports Treehugger.

According to the International Business Times, the prefabricated modules were put together in a factory and then placed on steel structures at the construction site.

The Chinese company behind the speedy design and building is Broad Group, a firm which previously built the 15-story Ark Hotel in Changsha, China, in just six days.

Dat work ethic

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

cool . but this might sound stupid.. how do they get that crane off the top floor?

Aerial Crane.
wait, it just flys off?...can it? ive been wondering bout this years
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

cool . but this might sound stupid.. how do they get that crane off the top floor?

Aerial Crane.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif

And this is extremely impressive. 15 days?! Amazing...

Damn, It would take me about 3 months just to bulid a closet in my house after all the permits and inspections
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif

Stupid i know i deserve that, but this has been puzzling me for years, how the hell they get it off
They take it apart and bring it down piece by piece. YouTube "Crane Dismantles" or something. There's videos of them doing it...

kix- who are the gentlemen in your avy, if you don't mind me asking?

seems like obama, but I don't know who the other fellow is.

kthnx

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif

Stupid i know i deserve that, but this has been puzzling me for years, how the hell they get it off

I didn't mean that the crane itself is an aerial crane, there are helicopters called aerial cranes that can lift major weight.
Sikorsky_Skycrane_carrying_house_bw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom