30 years since the death of the Greatest musician ever!!!!

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

Clearly, the point point of this thread has been missed. Rest in peace to ONE of the greatest and most influential artists and of all time. I've been to numerous Wailers and Ziggy/Damian/Stephen, etc concerts and don't know of any many other artists that have/had the ability to bring together people of all races and walks of life together in the spirit of positivity and having a good time.

Thank you.

Clearly, the point point of this thread has been missed. Rest in peace to ONE of the greatest and most influential artists and of all time. I've been to numerous Wailers and Ziggy/Damian/Stephen, etc concerts and don't know of any many other artists that have/had the ability to bring together people of all races and walks of life together in the spirit of positivity and having a good time.

Thank you.

If for nothing else, Bob Marley should be commended for his contributions to the world of over-sized, bejeweled, bedazzled, marijuana leaf-laden, silky, swap meet/flea market shirts.

Bravo sir! You, along with Scarface, the Bio-Hazard symbol, Che, and Jesus (of Nazareth) are in a world of your own.

If for nothing else, Bob Marley should be commended for his contributions to the world of over-sized, bejeweled, bedazzled, marijuana leaf-laden, silky, swap meet/flea market shirts.

Bravo sir! You, along with Scarface, the Bio-Hazard symbol, Che, and Jesus (of Nazareth) are in a world of your own.

Lil B. 

Lil B. 

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

Wow, Bob Marley has to be the most overrated musician ever.

He is. People our age today only like him because he smoked pounds of weed
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

He globalized Reggae music and was good at doing his thing, but the greatest musician? NO! Not by far!

He globalized Reggae music and was good at doing his thing, but the greatest musician? NO! Not by far!

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Overrated? Bob Marley?  Never.
While I do admire him with how he was so pro cannabis, the message in his songs were powerful.  I'd like to say that the people who call him overrated are the ones that listen drake, lil wayne, rick ross but each generation is gonna have their particular styles and tastes in music but imho the greatest artists are the one's who make timeless music.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Overrated? Bob Marley?  Never.
While I do admire him with how he was so pro cannabis, the message in his songs were powerful.  I'd like to say that the people who call him overrated are the ones that listen drake, lil wayne, rick ross but each generation is gonna have their particular styles and tastes in music but imho the greatest artists are the one's who make timeless music.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
And that = overrated? 
Lulz, Bob Marley single handedly brought Jamaica to the world, just because he is idolized by todays youth for the wrong reasons does not equate being overrated. I mean damn, just look at the artists that were on HIS jock, Jagger for example still has a crib in Jamaica because of this guy. Not to mention along with Dylan he has some of the greatest poetry ever put to melody.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
And that = overrated? 
Lulz, Bob Marley single handedly brought Jamaica to the world, just because he is idolized by todays youth for the wrong reasons does not equate being overrated. I mean damn, just look at the artists that were on HIS jock, Jagger for example still has a crib in Jamaica because of this guy. Not to mention along with Dylan he has some of the greatest poetry ever put to melody.

Yeah people are kinda missing the point. He was one of the most influential musicians ever. The cultural impact he had can be matched by very few. Him and Dylan are very similar in their greatness for topical song writing. I hate when people don't even know what he was about and the type of impact he made. I can argue that he is underrated.

Yeah people are kinda missing the point. He was one of the most influential musicians ever. The cultural impact he had can be matched by very few. Him and Dylan are very similar in their greatness for topical song writing. I hate when people don't even know what he was about and the type of impact he made. I can argue that he is underrated.

I dont want to get into the 'overrated' argument, I'll just say... no. RIP to a legend. The man will always be remembered for his music and activism more than being a pothead.

Back
Top Bottom