4/29- (7) N.O. Hornets @ (2) Denver Nuggets (3-1 Denver) - Round 1: Game 5- 10:30PM ET TNT

my dude melo
smokin.gif

time to smack the mavs next
smile.gif

real denver fans gotta be extremely happy right now, haven't moved on to the 2nd round in a long long time

Hornets fans, you'll be aight as long as you keep Cp3. you're a young team and have potential by continuing to build around Paul

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Don't compare CP3's reign with NO to Kobe and the Lakers.
Dude you don't live here you do not know how that dude is marketed here. He is to N.O what Kobe is to L.A. Damn you act like I said he was better than Kobe
No, but you're comparing the largest Western Conference market to exactly what you said, a marketable franchise. The Lakers and teams like that do what they can to build their franchise and become dominant. I have no problem comparing Kobe and Chris Paul, but you CANNOT compare the LAKERS to the HORNETS as far as a franchise go. You don't think franchise players can leave? It's a possibility, but if you really thought Kobe was leaving LA, you probably were just wishing he would get traded to your team, as I was hoping.
laugh.gif
Bruh as I said earlier I am not talking marketing throughout the world. I am talking solely to the city of New Orleans and what he means to THISparticular city. Yes franchise players leave I have seen them go but if you honestly believe that if this owner lets that player go he will still be able toMarket his team to the city of New Orleans you are out of your mind. Just like the Saints aren't letting Drew Brees go the Hornets won't let Chris Paulleave if they can do everything to prevent it.

This is not Byron Scott's fault. Besides Chris Paul, the Hornets just aren't that good. The playoffs exposed the whole team. They are like theMavericks, they will always make the playoffs by having great regular season records, but will never really contend for championships.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

real denver fans gotta be extremely happy right now, haven't moved on to the 2nd round in a long long time

Hornets fans, you'll be aight as long as you keep Cp3. you're a young team and have potential by continuing to build around Paul
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

So NO who do you guys like to have as Head Coach next year?
Someone who knows how to develop the Youth and someone who freaking run plays and make adjustments in the game.

There is no way a team with two all-stars and potential all-star look like this,I expected my Bulls to look like this,lol.

i still dont understand how david west was an allstar this year. dude is basically a lower tier lamarcus aldridge.

Don't compare CP3's reign with NO to Kobe and the Lakers.
Dude you don't live here you do not know how that dude is marketed here. He is to N.O what Kobe is to L.A. Damn you act like I said he was better than Kobe
No, but you're comparing the largest Western Conference market to exactly what you said, a marketable franchise. The Lakers and teams like that do what they can to build their franchise and become dominant. I have no problem comparing Kobe and Chris Paul, but you CANNOT compare the LAKERS to the HORNETS as far as a franchise go. You don't think franchise players can leave? It's a possibility, but if you really thought Kobe was leaving LA, you probably were just wishing he would get traded to your team, as I was hoping.
laugh.gif
even if kobe did leave that would be a rarity as compared to the hornets star players leaving or getting traded regularly.

damn george shinn took one of my favorite childhood teams away by moving them from charlotte and he traded zo and lj as well and those two got me followingthe hornets back in the 90's

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

This is not Byron Scott's fault. Besides Chris Paul, the Hornets just aren't that good. The playoffs exposed the whole team. They are like the Mavericks, they will always make the playoffs by having great regular season records, but will never really contend for championships.
Anh they didnt get exposed this is what we fans expected. Look at who they started the season with, look at the injuries they had. Winning 49games in the west with that roster is impressive but they weren't going to last in the playoffs. But I honestly didn't expect them to play this badlyeither.

So NO who do you guys like to have as Head Coach next year?
Someone who knows how to develop the Youth and someone who freaking run plays and make adjustments in the game.

There is no way a team with two all-stars and potential all-star look like this,I expected my Bulls to look like this,lol.

Injuries
tired.gif

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

i still dont understand how david west was an allstar this year. dude is basically a lower tier lamarcus aldridge.
Not even. You're still giving him too much credit. I really hope he never sees the All Star game ever again. That was a completely undeservedfluke. The Hornets being in the playoffs was undeserved.

I can't believe it's been 15 years since Elway came out on game 3 to rally the crowd and then we won 3 in a row to knock out Payton and Kemp andMutombo was yelling on the floor with the ball and Ellis was around and all that.... I'm proud of my team... I feel so old... old and proud.

It's really too bad some of you are blaming your coach. I'll be the first to say I don't know about Byron Scott, I never really liked the guy, butas far as a coach goes, I have no clue whether he's good or not. There's a difference between not having a good team and being a bad coach. You canonly go so far if your team isn't too good.

This Nuggets team is damn good, and they have one of the best Playoff leaders in the game in Chauncey, they got a bit of Boston Celtics' in them in thatthey have a great, talented roster right now, and the coach is kind of taking a backseat and just letting his team to their thing. Same thing with Houston, JVGinstilled killer instinct defense in that team, and it's persisted through some of their players, but now Rick has taken over and as you all know he'san offensive coach so they're thriving.

But then there's team that just aren't very good. The Mavericks were actually a relatively decent team last year, but our coach was terrible. You lookat our roster this year compared to last year, what changes do you see? We basically replaced Malik Allen, Devean George and Tyronne Lue with James Singletonand Matt Carroll and Ryan Hollins. That's not too much of a difference, but we are a MUCH better team this year. We had a better record last year, but weare so much better this year in the postseason. As Dirk said in an interview recently, in the past if he wasn't on, they lost the game. Now they don'thave to completely rely on Dirk, they have the role players they can turn to to win the game. Now, although I think it was unfair to judge us last year, we gota new PG VERY late in the season and you're telling a pass-first to take over in the middle of the year and your coach wants you to basically playhalf-court basketball? Not happening. Rick Carlisle has turned around the franchise with youth, athleticism, and a much more balanced team.

THAT is a good coach, I don't know if Byron Scott is capable of doing that, but don't be so quick to flame him, the pieces they have this year areatrocious. No disrespect, but you can't have guys like Sean Marks, and Hilton Armstrong getting major burn like that. You have young prospects on yourbench, use them, that's what Rick did. I mean come on seriously, who took JJ Barea seriously. HELL, NOT A SINGLE DALLAS FAN TOOK HIM SERIOUSLY. Dude was avictory cigar, now he's a solid role player.

Look to your front office, not the coach.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Not even. You're still giving him too much credit. I really hope he never sees the All Star game ever again. That was a completely undeserved fluke. The Hornets being in the playoffs was undeserved.

Undeserved now you are talking non-sense. Like I said earlier
Anh they didnt get exposed this is what we fans expected. Look at who they started the season with, look at the injuries they had. Winning 49 games in the west with that roster is impressive but they weren't going to last in the playoffs. But I honestly didn't expect them to play this badly either.
They were depleted and still won damn near 50 games. That is most definitely not undeserving.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

This is not Byron Scott's fault. Besides Chris Paul, the Hornets just aren't that good. The playoffs exposed the whole team. They are like the Mavericks, they will always make the playoffs by having great regular season records, but will never really contend for championships.

w t f?

Back
Top Bottom