4 Men with 4 Very Different Incomes Open Up About the Lives They Can Afford

How much debt are you carrying now? I'm in a lot of debt. I have traffic tick­ets, hospital bills, old phone bills. I'm pretty sure that my debt from the tickets alone is oughly $3,000. By the time you get the money to pay the ticket, the fine has doubled. Then you get another one and can't pay that one. Like, I'm on a boot [booted vehi­cles] list, and I got the money to get off the list, but my car got towed that morning, so I had to pay half that money to get it out of the impound. It just keeps going like that."

Boy, when you've lived scenarios like this, you appreciate when you're free of it. Like a rut you can't get out of.

Real talk, I had that problem with some parking tickets and a phone contact with Sprint back in the day. Definitely helps you sympathize with those going through it now

Good read. This post really made me realize how tough some people have it. I can't imagine raising two kids on less than half of what I make now :x

Tim needs to stop playing and retire his parents with some of that 5MM :rofl:

Good read. This post really made me realize how tough some people have it. I can't imagine raising two kids on less than half of what I make now :x

Tim needs to stop playing and retire his parents with some of that 5MM :rofl:

I'm saying. He can break them off half a milli, pay off their house and cars and he'd still have 4mil in the bank

Notice how all 4 of them are worried about money pretty often.  Shows that even at $1mil/yr income and owning $1mil house clear of mortgage with over $5mil saved isn't enough to have peace of mind

No matter how much money you make, poor planning and mistakes can always ruin it.

When the amount you make increases, you start expanding the possibilities of what you can have.

Tim sets out with $1mil total possible for a new home. If Tim had bought a $200k beautiful model home in Memphis (shout out to the dude in the real estate thread who did this, congrats again famb :smokin ), he'd have had $800k extra for whatever he wanted.. IE retire his parents, fix up the house, put towards kids colleges, etc.

But because he wanted a $1mil home in Cali that he plans on upgrading, not only is that costing him all of his home money, he now has to wait to upgrade it and whatnot. More money spent.

The truly rich who don't worry about money are the ones who have millions but spend and live well below their means. Not many of us have the power to do this, because all we think of when we get more money is "what can I get now? "

My point being, you can make $500mil a year, but if you're living a life that shows your income, you can always be worried about losing it.

Notice how all 4 of them are worried about money pretty often.  Shows that even at $1mil/yr income and owning $1mil house clear of mortgage with over $5mil saved isn't enough to have peace of mind

Peace of mind is all dependant on the person though

Give that income and savings to another guy and he could very well be satisfied with life and stress free.

I think it's more so because he is a business owner and has that hunger to be greater than he is right now.

I know if I had that salary and savings, I'd want more also. But hat doesn't count out the next man who would be set for life

@spizike231 I don't believe Tim's house has anything to do with him retiring his parents. The home is paid off and he makes 1MM/yr.

He bought a house well within his means, how many people can buy houses that cost their yearly salary?

Not many, because in most areas it doesn't exist.

Outside of the south of course, because it is very possible there.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Man the 2nd guy only pays 2 times the rent of the 3rd guy but has like 5 times the income

But dude still has 50 years left to live, it's a constant game to want more, because who knows what his business will look like in 5 years

Wait, last dude is a 25yo single father with 2 kids and working as a bartender?

sick.gif

Wait, last dude is a 25yo single father with 2 kids and working as a bartender?

:x

Nah, barBACK. However, that can easily turn into a good paying bartending gig. Every bartender I know started as a barback.

I've never met a content millionaire. Probably the reason they got to where they are

Last edited:
Good read.

Shows that money really can't buy you 100% peace of mind is what I got from the article.

-Drew

Someone told me something similar to that statement above and it stuck with me, same statement I made above. "Your compensation/the money you have is life's report card". Your value to an organization is directly reflected in your comp and to some extent it applies to your life as a whole.

I would say making enough to be comfortable and the amount at which you exceed that comfort are of equal importance.
Got to give value to earn value.

EDIT: I just realized who I agreed with :wow:

Last edited:
During my broke younger days, I learned to be frugal and how to stretch a dollar. As my income has grown as I get older, I still am frugal with my money and never pay MSRP on anything.

The problem with most people is that they feel they have to spend and buy things that reflect their income so they can project an image to strangers which is corny to me

During my broke younger days, I learned to be frugal and how to stretch a dollar. As my income has grown as I get older, I still am frugal with my money and never pay MSRP on anything.

The problem with most people is that they feel they have to spend and buy things that reflect their income so they can project an image to strangers which is corny to me
Being broke teaches u so much out chea. I just know I'll never be broke again, u learn from that ****.

Someone told me something similar to that statement above and it stuck with me, same statement I made above. "Your compensation/the money you have is life's report card". Your value to an organization is directly reflected in your comp and to some extent it applies to your life as a whole.

I would say making enough to be comfortable and the amount at which you exceed that comfort are of equal importance.

You act as if I don't speak the gospel consistently.

Being frugal is ingrained in me, coming from a first generation poor immigrant mentality.

That's also lead me to not really care about "keeping up with the Jones."

When you come from nothing and move up in life, you understand the struggle and do everything it takes to not go back to it.

You act as if I don't speak the gospel consistently.

View media item 1795732

Back
Top Bottom