(4) THUNDER vs (5) NUGGETS 1st Round Thread: OKC leads 3-1; Game 5, 4/27 @OKC [9:30 pm ET/TNT]

qqdcae.jpg

2011 NBA Playoffs - Western Conference, Round 1
(4) Oklahoma City Thunder VS (5) Denver Nuggets
Series Schedule

Game 1 - Oklahoma City 107, Denver 103
Game 2 - Oklahoma City 106, Denver 89
Game 3 - Oklahoma City 97, Denver 94
Game 4 - Denver 104, Oklahoma City 101
Game 5 - Wed April 27, Denver at Oklahoma City, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 6 * Fri April 29, Oklahoma City at Denver, TBD, TBD
Game 7 * Sun May 1, Denver at Oklahoma City, TBD, TBD

*If necessary
TBD - To Be Determined
R - ESPN Radio

qqdcae.jpg

2011 NBA Playoffs - Western Conference, Round 1
(4) Oklahoma City Thunder VS (5) Denver Nuggets
Series Schedule

Game 1 - Oklahoma City 107, Denver 103
Game 2 - Oklahoma City 106, Denver 89
Game 3 - Oklahoma City 97, Denver 94
Game 4 - Denver 104, Oklahoma City 101
Game 5 - Wed April 27, Denver at Oklahoma City, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 6 * Fri April 29, Oklahoma City at Denver, TBD, TBD
Game 7 * Sun May 1, Denver at Oklahoma City, TBD, TBD

*If necessary
TBD - To Be Determined
R - ESPN Radio

[h1]Nuggets' Afflalo vs. Thunder in Game 1[/h1]Posted Apr 17 2011 1:20PM
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The Denver Nuggets will be without starting guard Arron Afflalo for Game 1 of their playoff series against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday night.

Afflalo has missed 13 games since early March because of a strained left hamstring. He has tried to come back and play three separate times, most recently aggravating the injury against Golden State last week.

"I've been through the situation before where I can get to a week to 10-day period where my body feels good, as if I can play, and then I get on the court and it's not the case," Afflalo said.

"I think for once it's time to be smart and sit out."

Afflalo has averaged 12.6 points in 69 starts, and he was Denver's leader in minutes played before he was hurt March 5 against the Los Angeles Clippers.

Game 2 in the series is Wednesday night, but Afflalo isn't sure he'll be able to play then either. He suggested that he may give the injury more time to heal if the Nuggets are doing well.

"Just take it day to day, take it game to game," Afflalo said. "Depending on the situation can somewhat dictate how fast I get back.

"Hopefully we take care of business and I'll be able to do things the proper way."

Three times, Afflalo has missed 10 days before trying to play again. He re-injured it in his third game the first time he tried to come back, then didn't make it through a full game in either of his two April comebacks.

"A week or a week and a half into it, I can run around and get out there, shoot, do whatever," Afflalo said. "But can I play a competitive playoff game without re-aggravating it and be effective for my team for the type of minutes I used to play? It's a different story."

Afflalo said he wouldn't rule himself out for the series, which won't shift to Denver for Game 3 until Saturday.

"You can get as much treatment as you want, but the body needs time to heal," he said. "I fault myself for not giving it the proper time initially, but it's tough for me to stay off the basketball court.

"Even when people try to force me off, it's tough. I'd have been in the gym on my own if I couldn't play in a basketball game. ... That was a learning experience, and I'm going to do what I have to do to get back right now."

[h1]Nuggets' Afflalo vs. Thunder in Game 1[/h1]Posted Apr 17 2011 1:20PM
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The Denver Nuggets will be without starting guard Arron Afflalo for Game 1 of their playoff series against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday night.

Afflalo has missed 13 games since early March because of a strained left hamstring. He has tried to come back and play three separate times, most recently aggravating the injury against Golden State last week.

"I've been through the situation before where I can get to a week to 10-day period where my body feels good, as if I can play, and then I get on the court and it's not the case," Afflalo said.

"I think for once it's time to be smart and sit out."

Afflalo has averaged 12.6 points in 69 starts, and he was Denver's leader in minutes played before he was hurt March 5 against the Los Angeles Clippers.

Game 2 in the series is Wednesday night, but Afflalo isn't sure he'll be able to play then either. He suggested that he may give the injury more time to heal if the Nuggets are doing well.

"Just take it day to day, take it game to game," Afflalo said. "Depending on the situation can somewhat dictate how fast I get back.

"Hopefully we take care of business and I'll be able to do things the proper way."

Three times, Afflalo has missed 10 days before trying to play again. He re-injured it in his third game the first time he tried to come back, then didn't make it through a full game in either of his two April comebacks.

"A week or a week and a half into it, I can run around and get out there, shoot, do whatever," Afflalo said. "But can I play a competitive playoff game without re-aggravating it and be effective for my team for the type of minutes I used to play? It's a different story."

Afflalo said he wouldn't rule himself out for the series, which won't shift to Denver for Game 3 until Saturday.

"You can get as much treatment as you want, but the body needs time to heal," he said. "I fault myself for not giving it the proper time initially, but it's tough for me to stay off the basketball court.

"Even when people try to force me off, it's tough. I'd have been in the gym on my own if I couldn't play in a basketball game. ... That was a learning experience, and I'm going to do what I have to do to get back right now."

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Blazers, I assume you still live in Canada...
Is this on TV up here?
Yes, Rogers Sportsnet ONE. (Same channel as the Knicks/Celtics right now)

Blazers, I assume you still live in Canada...
Is this on TV up here?
Yes, Rogers Sportsnet ONE. (Same channel as the Knicks/Celtics right now)

I have UFC Primetime. Are you out East?
I just did a search and neither the Knicks/Celts nor this series are on any channel. 
indifferent.gif
 How does this even happen?

I just did a search and neither the Knicks/Celts nor this series are on any channel. 
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
I'm in the west with Shaw, and my guide has a bunch of other crap listed from 6:00-11:30. It has neither of the games listed, but they're both on Sportsnet One.

indifferent.gif
I'm in the west with Shaw, and my guide has a bunch of other crap listed from 6:00-11:30. It has neither of the games listed, but they're both on Sportsnet One.

Denver is highly underrated in this series. I hope they steal this game.....

PO

Back
Top Bottom