48÷2(9+3) = ???

PANNTPBOIMEMDAS
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

SMH at y'all actually falling for Krux shenanigans.

He's the only troll in this thread. He was the first to start calling people trolls, and he continuously keeps calling others trolls when he is the only one genuinely TROLLING in this thread.

The other 288 naysayers are just "lacking", facultatively speaking; Krux on the other hand, is just plain old trolling...
grin.gif

This is the only troll post in this thread.

Everything else has been about the actual threat topic.
* HIGH FIVE *

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

SMH at y'all actually falling for Krux shenanigans.

He's the only troll in this thread. He was the first to start calling people trolls, and he continuously keeps calling others trolls when he is the only one genuinely TROLLING in this thread.

The other 288 naysayers are just "lacking", facultatively speaking; Krux on the other hand, is just plain old trolling...
grin.gif

This is the only troll post in this thread.

Everything else has been about the actual threat topic.
* HIGH FIVE *

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

.....okay, i now change my answer to 288.

i take it you did this
[h3][/h3]36÷4(5-2)+6
36÷4(3)+6
9(3)+6
27+6

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and [/font]

4+6(8+2)-3
4+6(10)-3
4 + 60 - 3
64-3

57815c4b714d15d074a98f12259bf1b6dac8e77_r.png
a1e25ad4cd79a4761bbd3adeac5e484665c9146_r.png

- i didnt do either.

- looking at those problems made me look at the equation in a different light:

48÷2(9+3)
48÷2(12)

....which also equals

48÷2X12

....written that way, in a classroom setting i would have then gone left to right......giving me 288. (and yes, i know this was pointed out earlier in the thread)

......but then it is math and i could still be wrong. its cool though, i like math.

^^You can't complete the division first in this problem..

It has go to:

Multiplication from left to right then..division left to right..

So the answer is 2

.....okay, i now change my answer to 288.

i take it you did this
[h3][/h3]36÷4(5-2)+6
36÷4(3)+6
9(3)+6
27+6

[/font]

4+6(8+2)-3
4+6(10)-3
4 + 60 - 3
64-3

- i didnt do either.

48÷2(9+3)
48÷2(12)

....which also equals

48÷2X12

....written that way, in a classroom setting i would have then gone left to right......giving me 288. (and yes, i know this was pointed out earlier in the thread)

......but then it is math and i could still be wrong. its cool though, i like math.

It has go to:

So the answer is 2

Originally Posted by dmxgod

You can't complete the division first in this problem..

It has go to:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It has go to:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

It has go to:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
for the upteenth time multiplication and division are of equal priority, you do them as they appear from L to R

Originally Posted by dland24

It has go to:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
for the upteenth time multiplication and division are of equal priority, you do them as they appear from L to R

i take it you did this
[h3][/h3]36÷4(5-2)+6
36÷4(3)+6
9(3)+6
27+6

[/font]

4+6(8+2)-3
4+6(10)-3
4 + 60 - 3
64-3

- i didnt do either.

48÷2(9+3)
48÷2(12)

....which also equals

48÷2X12

It has go to:

So the answer is 2
You're not even a Pan T Boi, you just don't understand the order of operations.

i take it you did this
[h3][/h3]36÷4(5-2)+6
36÷4(3)+6
9(3)+6
27+6

[/font]

4+6(8+2)-3
4+6(10)-3
4 + 60 - 3
64-3

- i didnt do either.

48÷2(9+3)
48÷2(12)

....which also equals

48÷2X12

It has go to:

So the answer is 2
You're not even a Pan T Boi, you just don't understand the order of operations.

What I really want to know, is how people can refute the words of these professionals who are getting 288 as well as a woman who graduated with the highest honors and a degree in mathematics who is the author of multiple books about math. In addition to the website which provides examples similar to the original problem, which would lead to the answer being 288.

Even the page on knowyourmeme highlights "Nevertheless, there is a lack of consensus on the value of implied multiplication." WHY Would you use implied multiplication, especially in this example, when the order of operations is UNIVERSALLY used and taken as fact, which leads to 288.

What I really want to know, is how people can refute the words of these professionals who are getting 288 as well as a woman who graduated with the highest honors and a degree in mathematics who is the author of multiple books about math. In addition to the website which provides examples similar to the original problem, which would lead to the answer being 288.

Even the page on knowyourmeme highlights "Nevertheless, there is a lack of consensus on the value of implied multiplication." WHY Would you use implied multiplication, especially in this example, when the order of operations is UNIVERSALLY used and taken as fact, which leads to 288.

^snakeyes17: The answer is trolls and the refusal to admit they might actually be wrong about something for once. After a certain point, with all the effort they put into trying to prove 2/discredit 288, they couldn't go back and say you know what, I might be wrong. However, props to the numerous people that did see the light and changed their minds.

^snakeyes17: The answer is trolls and the refusal to admit they might actually be wrong about something for once. After a certain point, with all the effort they put into trying to prove 2/discredit 288, they couldn't go back and say you know what, I might be wrong. However, props to the numerous people that did see the light and changed their minds.

Are you saying majority wins? This is Math we're discussing, not who should be the next class president.
laugh.gif

You keep getting 288 because you're reading the problem wrong.

THE END.

Are you saying majority wins? This is Math we're discussing, not who should be the next class president.
laugh.gif

THE END.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Some are dumb, and some are just trolls.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Some are dumb, and some are just trolls.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

laugh.gif

THE END.

Back
Top Bottom