48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

so now you argue an implied parenthesis, but when i say there is an implied parenthesis around 2(9+3), im wrong? oh ok.
WHERE DID I IMPLY THAT THERE WAS A PARENTHESES ANYWHERE??? I SAID, OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE NEGATIVE IF YOU DO NOT PUT PARENTHESES AROUND THE -11 TRYING TO PROVE MY POINT THAT WOLFRAM ALPHA WORKS CORRECTLY YOU LAME. 
Some of you are so stubborn that you make stupid !@# comments. Did I just not prove your stupid !@# theory wrong as well? CAN YOU ADMIT THAT?

YOU DO NOT KNOW MATH. IT IS EVIDENT FROM YOUR POSTS THAT YOU ARE CLEARLY CONFUSED.

if you square -11, you don't get a negative number
eyes.gif
YOU CAN DEPENDING ON THE WAY YOU ENTER IT IN ON THE CALCULATOR. HOLY @#$# READ WHAT I @#$#@$#@ WROTE. 
You are so mathematically challenged it's incredible. Just do yourself and myself a favor and stop posting, please. 

so now you argue an implied parenthesis, but when i say there is an implied parenthesis around 2(9+3), im wrong? oh ok.
WHERE DID I IMPLY THAT THERE WAS A PARENTHESES ANYWHERE??? I SAID, OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE NEGATIVE IF YOU DO NOT PUT PARENTHESES AROUND THE -11 TRYING TO PROVE MY POINT THAT WOLFRAM ALPHA WORKS CORRECTLY YOU LAME. 
Some of you are so stubborn that you make stupid !@# comments. Did I just not prove your stupid !@# theory wrong as well? CAN YOU ADMIT THAT?

YOU DO NOT KNOW MATH. IT IS EVIDENT FROM YOUR POSTS THAT YOU ARE CLEARLY CONFUSED.

eyes.gif
YOU CAN DEPENDING ON THE WAY YOU ENTER IT IN ON THE CALCULATOR. HOLY @#$# READ WHAT I @#$#@$#@ WROTE. 
You are so mathematically challenged it's incredible. Just do yourself and myself a favor and stop posting, please. 

eyes.gif

that's not what i input into the calculator though.
-11^2 = 121
-(11)^2 = -121

i input the first one into wolfram and it gave me the answer to the second one. and please don't tell me those are the same, because if so you can kindly leave this thread

eyes.gif

-11^2 = 121
-(11)^2 = -121

i input the first one into wolfram and it gave me the answer to the second one. and please don't tell me those are the same, because if so you can kindly leave this thread

eyes.gif

-11^2 = 121
-(11)^2 = -121

laugh.gif

IF YOU ENTER IT WITHOUT THE PARENTHESES IT WILL BE NEGATIVE EVERYTIME. How come even though we disagree on the answer being 288 and 2 you can't face the facts about BASIC MATH.

How are these two problems not the same?!?!?!?! Like I said earlier.

-11^2

YOU ARE SQUARING THE 11 FIRST THEN MULTIPLYING BY -1.

HOW DO YOU FAIL TO SEE THIS???? THE - SIGN REPRESENTS -1. 

THEREFORE -1 * 11^2

IF YOU HAVE (-11)^2 YOU HAVE (-11)(-11). DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE THE PARENTHESES MAKE?

BOTH OF THOSE PROBLEMS ARE THE SAME, EVEN MEMBERS OF TEAM 2 WILL AGREE WITH ME. 

eyes.gif

-11^2 = 121
-(11)^2 = -121

laugh.gif

IF YOU ENTER IT WITHOUT THE PARENTHESES IT WILL BE NEGATIVE EVERYTIME. How come even though we disagree on the answer being 288 and 2 you can't face the facts about BASIC MATH.

How are these two problems not the same?!?!?!?! Like I said earlier.

-11^2

YOU ARE SQUARING THE 11 FIRST THEN MULTIPLYING BY -1.

HOW DO YOU FAIL TO SEE THIS???? THE - SIGN REPRESENTS -1. 

THEREFORE -1 * 11^2

IF YOU HAVE (-11)^2 YOU HAVE (-11)(-11). DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE THE PARENTHESES MAKE?

BOTH OF THOSE PROBLEMS ARE THE SAME, EVEN MEMBERS OF TEAM 2 WILL AGREE WITH ME. 

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Already schooled him on it but you are either the first or 2nd person outside of me that understands distribution. So for that I give you props.
solve 15+3(2x1)

like i said a(b+c0 DOES = ab+ac but in an equation such as above you have to consider it as (ab+ac)
(my bad with the typo above i just realized i put " b " where the a should be )

The distributive property is handy to help you get rid of parentheses
a(b + c) = ab + ac

http://math.about.com/od/algebra/a/distributive.htm

Solve the equation. Dude. U quoting things that are irrelevant .

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Already schooled him on it but you are either the first or 2nd person outside of me that understands distribution. So for that I give you props.
solve 15+3(2x1)

like i said a(b+c0 DOES = ab+ac but in an equation such as above you have to consider it as (ab+ac)
(my bad with the typo above i just realized i put " b " where the a should be )

The distributive property is handy to help you get rid of parentheses
a(b + c) = ab + ac

http://math.about.com/od/algebra/a/distributive.htm

Solve the equation. Dude. U quoting things that are irrelevant .

after 140 pages, we can establish the following:

1. team 288 won.

2. kingcrux is absolutely atrocious at basic math

1. team 288 won.

Originally Posted by il prescelto

1. team 288 won.

Yeah all the notes I posted are wrong.
laugh.gif