5 Albums That Should Already Be Considered Classics

Game Theory is a definite classic and for me was an "instant classic"! The Roots have had two of the recent classics in hip-hop with Undun as well.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is nearly a flawless album. The right mix of production/lyrics/track listing puts this as probably my favorite Ye album as a whole. I think that nostalgia plays a lot into people thoughts when it comes to music so we just automatically say it's not better than his old work, but I think that this album is amazing and still listen to it often. What I also like about this album is it's not plagued by being too long or thrown off by skits or things of that nature.

GRODT

The Eminem Show

Cole World (imo)

The Documentary 

GKMC

MBDTF

Man on the Moon 1

TI vs TIP

Ultimate Victory (imo)

The Infamous
smokin.gif

on the level of Illmatic

i didn't believe it either until i heard it

Evidence - Cats & Dogs

Jaylib - Champion Sound

Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin'

Grouch - Making Perfect Sense

Atmosphere - Overcast!

Killer Mike and El P - R.A.P Music

A personal classic of mines is ...

The Lox - we Are the streets

Production was a little corny but lyrically them dudes was going off.

Especially Jada :smh: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Evidence - Cats & Dogs
Jaylib - Champion Sound
Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin'

Grouch - Making Perfect Sense
Atmosphere - Overcast!
Killer Mike and El P - R.A.P Music

these two were on the bubble, mostly cuz they are personal classics for me. but yeah dah shinin' gets the go ahead.

add madvillian too.

Last edited:
damn all these mentions got me going on a nostalgia binge for the next few weeks
laugh.gif

Be

College Dropout

are the only ones I can 100% in my heart say should be considered classics and I'll leave it at that. but I assumed that this discussion would be for post 2000's only music, Infamous Illmatic would already be on a list somewhere in my book, just hopefully not murdered by the likes of Complex

and if i can be real with you guys by being the first person in this thread to go off genre
images

and

41eAfkuMUFL.jpg

both amazingly technical and well produced and post 2000's

Can someone put the cover albums that Eminem did prior to signing with Aftermath I know If I see it ill know what it is been looking for ages don't remember the name :smh:

Ima be bumpin Diplomatic Immunity til i die.

When im on my deathbed and only have a cuple of minutes to go ima ask somebody to play "Im Ready"

:lol: Heatmakerz brought the heat back in those days, i always thought this was the biggest waste of a beat back in the day, then again i never liked dip set, just there production..Cams straight tho

GRODT
College Dropout
Late Registration
Hunger For More (I swear this is the most slept on album of the 2000's smh)
The Documentary
Diplomatic Immunity
Purple Haze
Be
Food & Liquor
Take Care

these two were on the bubble, mostly cuz they are personal classics for me. but yeah dah shinin' gets the go ahead.

add madvillian too.

If you put Dah Shinin' on, do you also put Enta Da Stage?

of course, but that was already in the "given" classic folder/category i thought. they started this backpack ****, and this is the thanks they get.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom