5 extreme super-savers....

So did she end up buying that ringtone?
laugh.gif

IDK ya'll...I can def.see where they're comin from. We wanna "ball till we fall", but wonder how the hell we're gonna live when we get old...if you're 30 and under, we gotta face the fact SSI ain't gonna be around. We pay into it, but we're not gonna see it. Even if we did, who can live off $600 a month?!

Saving is a mindset...just like any habit, once you start, it's hard to break. Hell, I've been in grind mode super heavy lately....I have a hard time buying shoes, clothes...hell, even a CD...I end up talkin myself out of it thinkin "I've already got 150 shoes I dont wear" or "eh, that outfit will be out of style in a few months", etc....it's good, but it drives me nuts at times!

IDK ya'll...I can def.see where they're comin from. We wanna "ball till we fall", but wonder how the hell we're gonna live when we get old...if you're 30 and under, we gotta face the fact SSI ain't gonna be around. We pay into it, but we're not gonna see it. Even if we did, who can live off $600 a month?!

Saving is a mindset...just like any habit, once you start, it's hard to break. Hell, I've been in grind mode super heavy lately....I have a hard time buying shoes, clothes...hell, even a CD...I end up talkin myself out of it thinkin "I've already got 150 shoes I dont wear" or "eh, that outfit will be out of style in a few months", etc....it's good, but it drives me nuts at times!

good read and props to them for saving money.... but i don't think i can live my life like that and actually say i enjoyed it by being frugal

good read and props to them for saving money.... but i don't think i can live my life like that and actually say i enjoyed it by being frugal

I wanna ball til I fall but I do pay into a retirement account. If you can't have a "savings account" atleast do that. Something you can forget about.

I wanna ball til I fall but I do pay into a retirement account. If you can't have a "savings account" atleast do that. Something you can forget about.

A few points:

It's easy to give these examples when the people are making well over 6 figures.

Who wants to wait until they are 60 to start spending their money and be the old bald guy in the sports car.

Living until 50-60 isn't guaranteed.

A few points:

It's easy to give these examples when the people are making well over 6 figures.

Who wants to wait until they are 60 to start spending their money and be the old bald guy in the sports car.

cguy610 wrote:
A few points:

A few replies:

It's not difficult to save even though you're not making six figures.

Who wants to work until the day they breath their last?

Chances are you're going to live past tomorrow.  Better plan for it. 

cguy610 wrote:
A few points:

A few replies:

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

cguy610 wrote:
A few points:

A few replies:

At least while you're working, you'll know that you lived your life to the fullest.  Rather than laying in a hospital bed with $5 million in the bank thinking how you wish you had went on vacation back when you could walk and wishing you had bought that Aston Martin instead of that Camry.    

I'd rather live it up while I can still get it up.  You know what I'm sayin'. 

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

cguy610 wrote:
A few points:

A few replies:

At least while you're working, you'll know that you lived your life to the fullest.  Rather than laying in a hospital bed with $5 million in the bank thinking how you wish you had went on vacation back when you could walk and wishing you had bought that Aston Martin instead of that Camry.    

I'd rather live it up while I can still get it up.  You know what I'm sayin'. 

I can understand being frugal but damn, that lady took two weeks to reason buying a ringtone
smh.gif
I wouldn't want to live like that.

I can understand being frugal but damn, that lady took two weeks to reason buying a ringtone
smh.gif
I wouldn't want to live like that.

It does seem rather easy to exercise this route when you make far more than enough to really worry about anything.

Ive known many who have saved for a couple months or years, then their car breaks down or there's an emergency hospital visit or a plumbing problem that sets them into a vicious spiral back down to being in debt..

These folks appear to be the small minority.. the "ball til we fall" clientele that choose not to stunt. the frugal rich people.. I guess thats better than the rich who go all out.. We're just seeing the other end of the spectrum here.

It does seem rather easy to exercise this route when you make far more than enough to really worry about anything.

Ive known many who have saved for a couple months or years, then their car breaks down or there's an emergency hospital visit or a plumbing problem that sets them into a vicious spiral back down to being in debt..

These folks appear to be the small minority.. the "ball til we fall" clientele that choose not to stunt. the frugal rich people.. I guess thats better than the rich who go all out.. We're just seeing the other end of the spectrum here.

Back
Top Bottom