5 People Charged with Trafficking $73 Million in Fake Air Jordan Sneakers

https://syndication.bleacherreport....-million-in-fake-air-jordan-sneakers.amp.html

I'm sure these were sold as "unauthorized" {fakes} that's some big money though. I had a cool cat in the hood, on Harwin in Houston selling fake LV and Gucci purses, and mens wallets, Rolexs' & Breitlings etc. Dude had 5 different levels of quality, bottom tier started at $50.00 a pop and the top of the line which sold for about 3 to 5 Bill's and up. Would have taken an expert to decide if they were legit. My mom would even buy them (and she had tons of legit LV and Gucci purses, so to not wear out her legit purses, plus she was always in fear of getting jacked. For some reason she felt safer caring the fakes on a daily basis. The stitching and all the extras were so on point her, nor I could tell the difference form her legit and replicas...had the seller not made sure he told anyone who bought them they were replicas. I'm curious what Jordan's they were pushing, with the concords coming up I'd bet that was a main piece. My dude never messed with shoes even though he had plugs for them he was a sneakerhead, and I guess that's where he drew the line. He stayed paid though bookoo foreign cars, multiple 6 to 8 thousand square foot homes. I think the thing that kept him going was his transperancy, he never tried to sell them as legit, b grade, unauthorized etc. He just sold em for what they were, and people ate them up. He was nowhere near these dudes getting busted for 73 million :wow:.

Mods: if this is against rules just let me know I'll remove it just thought the whole thing was interesting especially after all the unauthorized talk in the Concord thread. For the record I will never support fakes no matter what they call them or how good of quality they are.:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Edit: that's roughly 365,000 pairs of fakes @$200.00 a pop if my math is correct.:wow: :rolleyes :angry::smh: :stoneface: :sick: :ohwell: :frown: Dudes wildin' thinking they were doing it though :rofl:

Last edited:
These are the "Jordans" you see online for $50 with no Jumpman... so cut that number by 1/4 and that's the street value they were probably selling them for.

These are the "Jordans" you see online for $50 with no Jumpman... so cut that number by 1/4 and that's the street value they were probably selling them for.

Possibly your right, details are scarce but it sounds to me they'd import them without any branding and add the branding once they hit stateside. Regardless props for getting this trash off the streets I'd love to see pics or know what models they'd been counterfitting $73 million ain't no joke...

This is why I only buy on nike.com or at finishline. Every single pair I have I also have a receipt or invoice.
All those 3rd party sites/resellers I stay away from. There are too many good looking fakes out there.

Back
Top Bottom