5 years ago: AJ RETRO 2 - still wearing 'em, NT?

Under rated imo, 2's dont get enuf appreciation....Especially the Black-n-chromes...
smokin.gif
Mine are still DS
wink.gif

Wow, 5 years unbelievable how time flies. Actually the first shoe I bought with my own money back in 87. So of course I had to get a couple of pairs.

Damn, just downloaded Explorer 8 and it's not letting the box drop down to add the address for my pics.
smh.gif

Help an old timer out kids and tell me what I need to turn off to get this straight.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Need to pick up a pair. I keep putting them on the back burner. sooner or later dudes are going to realize how great this shoe is and then the price is goingto tripple like everything else now a days. Lol

Good stuff, folks.

The 2 is one of my top 3 Jordans so when they released I made sure to capitalize, even if JB needlessly added the red trim to the upper of the retro.

I remember back at the end of '03 when NT member Ironfalcon51 first dropped pics of the White/Blk/Red and Black/Chrome colorways.

I also remember the Black/Chrome's eventually being discounted on Eastbay to $79.99. I came close to grabbing some pairs but never did. It's alright,though. The White/Blk/Red's were the ones I wanted most.

3thaman, do you have pics of your OG's? If so, please post 'em up!

i just got rid of my pair im only 17 so i didnt buy them when i was 12 but they are deff a grail i want the 94' pair so bad and the pair i just got rid ofwas a 9.5 had got them off iss in 2008 lol

i just got rid of my pair im only 17 so i didnt buy them when i was 12 but they are deff a grail i want the 94' pair so bad and the pair i just got rid ofwas a 9.5 had got them off iss in 2008 lol

Originally Posted by Jordan23LES

i got them that morning in modells and passed by footlocker 34th st carrying them and was surprised to see them
they guy sees me with them and offers me $10 off if i return them to modells which i did
i remember this release was when footlockers stated carrying jordans again after about i think a 1/2 year of not doing so because of some issues with selling some shox i believe
it's actually because footlocker thought the XVII was rediculously priced, and said something to Nike about it, and Nike got offended.

Originally Posted by addicted2icysoles23

Got the 94's DS they are way better

truth. The mold was horrible for the 2004 II's. I think JB lost the original mold or decided to go with a new mold. Nonetheless, a very umcomfortable shoe.

Originally Posted by freshxxx2death

ya these were my 1st pair of jordans, rocked them a couple times but havnt touched them in like 3 years

I second that, kind of what started my whole collection..I have slowed down dramatically since then..lol I remember my first few years I went crazy buying allthese pairs

Jordan Brand needs to bring some more AJ2's out, I've had a pair, and I would like some in the future.

Easy release for me...didn't last long. I beat them into dust playing basketball outdoors (I was a young lad back then, I didn't know better)...

i still rock mine and still they look crispy dudes be hella hate when they see me like ohhh she rocking them thangs like! lol on some dream %$@ f'real

if u really like the 2's i am watching warlock the movie as we speak on comcast on demand and 45-47 mins into the movie the chick has them on. it amazed methat she is wearing them. if u watch it and see them PM me just wanna se if anyone else had to chance to watch it cuz this movie was in 1989

got two 2pairs of ogs, 2pairs of 94retros, and 2pairs of 04retros DS of course

pic of 2ogs from 86-87

i rarely rock mine cause i love them so much and they crease so easily.
some of my all time favorites tho. this is one of the only pair of jordans i didn't have when they originally released.

oj0cqt.jpg

I still have mine... Bought them on release day and have less than 10 wears. Might have to break them out.

i only wore mine maybe 3 times since release date....they're fresh BUT i'd only ever have that color...

great pics everyone.

solejordan, any more pics of your og's from other angles?

perhaps an og, 94, and 04 comparison shot?

i know the 94 heel counter is different from the og and 04 in that the red part appears to be 2 pieces.

Bought them a week after release I believe. My pair has about 50+ wears but still look good. One of the if not the most underrated Jordan sig.

Back
Top Bottom