50 Cent mad At Interscope & says he is not releasong another Album

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Aside from that garbage +%! song Outlaw, dude has been killing ++#% lately.
Did GRoDT drop last week??
THIS.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by jomitm
This truth filled statement is why FIF is in a lose-lose situation.

I, and his core fans, only want bang bang, shoot em up, red rum, murder music from 50, none of that baby by me nonsense, yet there's the other group that wants him to "evolve" musically.

How can FIF win?

I thought he was onto something when he put out those 13-14 tracks of heat earlier this year, but outlaw is weak and "im on it" is hit or miss with club goers.
   I feel you on that. I'm tryin to hear that Thicker Than Water, What Up Gangsta, I'm A Hustler type stuff, and Ski Mask Way or Baltimore Love Thing. Those were all
great songs, and i do still think can make songs like that, but when you aren't truly motivated directly with music, it'll show no matter how hard you think you're trying.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

maybe he should try to write real @$@%, like how his struggle was in the neighorhood he grew up on. i wanna hear real music from him, every artist's best music is made when they speak and write from the heart. but these days all they rap about is how fly they are and how much money they got. what a shame.
tired.gif

He did that too many times on too many albums.

This guy 50 is done...

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Just do what he did with Curtis. Drop wack single after wack single then strike gold with "I Get Money"
yea he got lucky wit i get money.

I'm not even checking for 50 anymore.  I have no confidence in anything that he's putting out.  

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Just do what he did with Curtis. Drop wack single after wack single then strike gold with "I Get Money"
yea he got lucky wit i get money.
Blame it on the production and the hook.  Was perfect for the summer.

He never evolved, stuck with the same formula thinking it was going to succeed in the long run.

All successful musicians learned to adapt to new styles and found new sounds for the sake of creativity and longevity.

50 just didn't have it. He wasn't even all that talented musically anyway aside from great hooks and mass appeal.

He'll stay rich though. He should just stick to his outside ventures.

QFT GRODT was great but basically off the strenght of beats and hooks. I don't even think he had the best verse on the album.After " Beg for mercy" and like 8 tracks on #the massacre" dude has been wack. I'm surprised at how long it took for him to fall off.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

maybe he should try to write real @$@%, like how his struggle was in the neighorhood he grew up on. i wanna hear real music from him, every artist's best music is made when they speak and write from the heart. but these days all they rap about is how fly they are and how much money they got. what a shame.
tired.gif

He did that too many times on too many albums.

This guy 50 is done...

There it is.

He never evolved, stuck with the same formula thinking it was going to succeed in the long run.

All successful musicians learned to adapt to new styles and found new sounds for the sake of creativity and longevity.

50 just didn't have it. He wasn't even all that talented musically anyway aside from great hooks and mass appeal.

I, and his core fans, only want bang bang, shoot em up, red rum, murder music from 50, none of that baby by me nonsense, yet there's the other group that wants him to "evolve" musically.

How can FIF win?

I thought he was onto something when he put out those 13-14 tracks of heat earlier this year, but outlaw is weak and "im on it" is hit or miss with club goers.
"evolve" doesn't mean to make 'baby by me music', it doesn't have anything to do with the subject matter of his songs...  Just the way his music sounds and the originality of his rhymes, his flow, etc...  His stuff now is crazy repetitive and boring, its like paint by numbers gangsta rap now.

Originally Posted by 10027

How can FIF win?

"evolve" doesn't mean to make 'baby by me music', it doesn't have anything to do with the subject matter of his songs...  Just the way his music sounds and the originality of his rhymes, his flow, etc...  His stuff now is crazy repetitive and boring, its like paint by numbers gangsta rap now.
Exactly. He can still rap about gritty subjects, which is probably what he's best at. He just needs to refine, evolve, and dedicate himself to that idea. Like "Ski Mask Way" was sort of an evolution of his previous sound on GRODT because it adapted to the more soulful, nostalgic sound that was becoming popular WITHOUT completely selling himself out.
The other problem is he feels the need to make chart toppers by hopping on the popular bandwagon - this time with the Cataracts. Catering to the radio might get you some sales but it usually involves selling out to the two or three popular styles at the time and loses you a lot of respect. Especially when you do it the level that 50 does it.

Back
Top Bottom