50 Cent Won't Drop His Album Until Eminem Drops(Rick Ross Won?)

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I mean what would you rather do, drop BEFORE Eminem or after?? If Em's %++% does well, 50s gonna ride that wave into his release one way or another . . . The whole camp is gonna ride that wave . . . 50 won, you think he would let a beef with Rick Ross disrupt his career?? If 50 dropped that %++% this month he would sell less that 300K the first week, then yall would be talkin about how he flopped, dropping after Em is gonna save him from that . . .

Truth.

Im not sure where this whole Rick Ross makes hit records... thing comes from

I fully agree. Rick FRAUD isn't making any moves at all, sure he has some nice songs out right now, but at the same time nobody is listening and or payingattention to them. As the saying goes, if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound?? That's the exact position Ricky finds himself in right now,it's like he running real fast..........but he's on a treadmill.

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Curtis album almost sold more than Ross 2 albums together... (1.4 compared to 700k for 2 albums)

Ross makes hit records....stop it.
What's his highest single chart position? Was it Hustlin? I think the joint with Nelly off the Trilla album.... not sure the exact position ill check when I get home.

Im almost certain no Rick Ross song spun more than Ayo Technology.

Im not sure where this whole Rick Ross makes hit records... thing comes from, and why nobody has shot this down... its ok to like dude music but that's just dumb.

(After doing some research.... Ross's highest single went #17 on the Hot 100 billboard single chart......that's his highest single position.)
And Ayo Technology went #5.... and that was on the Curtis album.... so please stop with the Rick Ross makes hit records talk.... hit records are #1-10 in my book....anything else is just a hot song

If you just like Ross better than 50 its perfectly fine to say that
You can't go by chart position to determine a hit record. Big Pimpin' was #18 on the charts and that song was a MONSTER. It waseverywhere. Back That Thang Up highest position was #19 and it pushed Juvie millions of albums. Ross has some bangers in his catelog's. Hustlin' was amonster. The track wtih Avery Storm was big in clubs and on video outlets. "Boss" with T-Pain had some hits. I don't think anyone comparedFif's hits to Ross' but let's be clear. Fif's last big hit was Ayo Techonology which got zero play but I guess it got play in some of thosemore crowd friendly type spots. But every joint Ross puts out and Def Jam backs ends up getting spins.

RIP CURTIS.

I have not read one blog that isn't ripping him. Karma FTL? How is a reality show with the ikki twins on mtv gonna get better ratings then you? How is atrack with Dr. Dre AND Eminiem not going to get people hype for your music?

Really though, I feel bad for him. I really do. A fake rapper is making hotter music, twin bi sexuals are making better tv, and HE still somehow managed to getzero buzz with thisis50, a tv show, a video game (Really curtis? Another video game?Next thing you know Fiddyis going to want to make a fictional movie about himself, based on a video game about himself, with his own mediocre music as the soundtrack. OHWAIT.) , a grape drink, and two (?) singles?

I don't even know how people can still defend him. Thankfully for him (it sounds like, anyways) he has a great financial team.

Originally Posted by starbury03

RIP CURTIS.

I have not read one blog that isn't ripping him. Karma FTL? How is a reality show with the ikki twins on mtv gonna get better ratings then you? How is a track with Dr. Dre AND Eminiem not going to get people hype for your music?

Really though, I feel bad for him. I really do. A fake rapper is making hotter music, twin bi sexuals are making better tv, and HE still somehow managed to get zero buzz with thisis50, a tv show, a video game (Really curtis? Another video game?Next thing you know Fiddy is going to want to make a fictional movie about himself, based on a video game about himself, with his own mediocre music as the soundtrack. OH WAIT.) , a grape drink, and two (?) singles?

I don't even know how people can still defend him. Thankfully for him (it sounds like, anyways) he has a great financial team.

Yea what happen to that tv show? I seen +!% twice next thing I hear its canceled and MTV is airing new episodes at 1 in the morning. I didn't think youcould get canceled by MTV. I've seen a lot of trash on there make it through a full season.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

instead of looking like a fool and wasting money on dropping 5 singles w/ 5 vids like he did his last effort
Yep, That's exactly what happened.

He dropped like 4 singles from Curtis, And none worked...Not even Timberlake and Timbo could save him.

He got lucky with I Get Money which was literally made on the fly...I think he got the beat from some unknown cat a month before Curtis was set to release.

So he dodged a bullet last time...Iono about this time.

And it wouldn't even be a big deal (I don't judge N's based on their sales) if he didn't waste so much energy talking about how "Artist A" didn't sell this much, Or downtalking "Artist B" because they don't have a hot single. Now he has to do major numbers everytime he drops or else he'll look like a hypocrite. He spends his time critiquing other artist's sales, So how does it look when he can't deliver?

Even if he doesn't sell well in the US, he'll still do crazy numbers worldwide. I think Curtis did 9 million worldwide if I'm not mistaken..

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

instead of looking like a fool and wasting money on dropping 5 singles w/ 5 vids like he did his last effort
Yep, That's exactly what happened.

He dropped like 4 singles from Curtis, And none worked...Not even Timberlake and Timbo could save him.

He got lucky with I Get Money which was literally made on the fly...I think he got the beat from some unknown cat a month before Curtis was set to release.

So he dodged a bullet last time...Iono about this time.

And it wouldn't even be a big deal (I don't judge N's based on their sales) if he didn't waste so much energy talking about how "Artist A" didn't sell this much, Or downtalking "Artist B" because they don't have a hot single. Now he has to do major numbers everytime he drops or else he'll look like a hypocrite. He spends his time critiquing other artist's sales, So how does it look when he can't deliver?

Even if he doesn't sell well in the US, he'll still do crazy numbers worldwide. I think Curtis did 9 million worldwide if I'm not mistaken..

Yea, That was his excuse when Kanye beat him...

rocyaice wrote:

Originally Posted by starbury03

RIP CURTIS.

I have not read one blog that isn't ripping him. Karma FTL? How is a reality show with the ikki twins on mtv gonna get better ratings then you? How is a track with Dr. Dre AND Eminiem not going to get people hype for your music?

Really though, I feel bad for him. I really do. A fake rapper is making hotter music, twin bi sexuals are making better tv, and HE still somehow managed to get zero buzz with thisis50, a tv show, a video game (Really curtis? Another video game?Next thing you know Fiddy is going to want to make a fictional movie about himself, based on a video game about himself, with his own mediocre music as the soundtrack. OH WAIT.) , a grape drink, and two (?) singles?

Yea what happen to that tv show? I seen +!% twice next thing I hear its canceled and MTV is airing new episodes at 1 in the morning. I didn't think you could get canceled by MTV. I've seen a lot of trash on there make it through a full season.

Im obviously a 50 fan.....BUT that show was the worst show i think i've ever seen
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Smart move he realizes he might be able to ride Em's wave for a some more album sales.
basically...cuz his buzzz is ICE COLD right now.

but they way he goes all over the world to do shows seems like hes caking overseas/out of the country

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I mean what would you rather do, drop BEFORE Eminem or after?? If Em's %++% does well, 50s gonna ride that wave into his release one way or another . . . The whole camp is gonna ride that wave . . . 50 won, you think he would let a beef with Rick Ross disrupt his career?? If 50 dropped that %++% this month he would sell less that 300K the first week, then yall would be talkin about how he flopped, dropping after Em is gonna save him from that . . .

Truth.

If i was EM i would let 50 drop first cause theres NO WAY 50's album will be better than EM's. Best goes last. Let the people see 50 for what he iswithout the EM hype (garbage), i think its kinda cowardly to be honest, if 50 that good it shouldnt matter when he drop. Droppin after EM could also backfireand people might be like "damn 50 album is garbage compared to EM 50 shoulda dropped first." It might make his album look worse than igarauntee its going to be. 50 Cent Is AINT The Future. 50 was good when he was hungry before n after Get Rich Or Die Tryin.He was rappin for respect at first now he rappin for money ....bad business

Back
Top Bottom