50 vs. Ye

^ :lol:
laugh.gif
the Show, good, everything else, just can be listened to...

Kanye (and a few others) is todays hip-hop story tellers. I wouldnt rank him with my favorite story teller Nas, and other Slick Da Rula, ect. ect. but his albums tend to be cinematic. Like There is a Start Middle and End. I agree with O though, the Big Brother beat was, eh but I felt it was necesary being the last song so it had a Stadium feel, maybe signifying accomplishments? maybe?

Quote:
Really??!!! I like both of those tracks. ESPECIALLY Drunk and Hot Girls. That joint is hilaaaaaaaaaarious. lol Only song I skip over is Goodlife. I'm kinda mad 'Ye hopped on the T-Pain train.

my exact thoughts! :lol:
laugh.gif
but damn, stick Mos with the most iffy song on the album lol.

but yeah.
I Wonder
Goodmorning
Flashing Lights...

im waiting for 88 Keys album... :D
happy.gif

Team DC/MD/VA
"EQAUL OPPORTUNITY RACIST"
O.G. Member DreadHeadTHE MANGO JUICE KEEPS DRIPPIN

Man, Graduation just seemd like Ye wasn't finished IMO. But still an off album for him is still better than 50's because you have hip-hop vs. rap. Hip Hop will always win. Common's album is def hot as well.......But as for right now, I'm just waitin for that new Lupe Fiasco's "The Cool" and Little Brother "Get back"
202< Bush Lives In My Backyard, He Doesn't Dare Hop That Fence >202

Anyone here just happy they were around to enjoy 1988? 1992? Hell, even 1995-98?

If these LPs are what makes the cover of Rolling Stone as a "battle," then hip-hop has a looooooong way to go to get back to the "good ole days."

I just want good music, man. Cause good music never dies. :smh:
smh.gif
Quote:
I'm not sre I can even agree with you on that Common album, Ru. It was ok, but it wasn't as even as sonically cohesive as "Be".
Quote:
Bump the hell out of "We Got The Jazz" and "Butter" for me

No problem. But "Verses from the Abstract" and "Vibes and Stuff" stays on repeat. :smokin
smokin.gif

Good to see you on the up and up "shuman15." :pimp:
pimp.gif

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

"Deliver Us"- by Talib K. off EARDRUM....
I need EOH and "O" to peep that if you have not already heard it.... Progression to me is moving from the constant hustla, pimp, @#%$/@#%$ that we tend to dismiss because of a hot beat to something relevant... I still believe in lyrics.... it still exists...

Shuman15- I am with you on the Electric Circus....smh... but that was post Erica BADU/VOODOO.. lol

Quote:
PS: '88 :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

She Watches Channel Zero
My Uzi weighs a Ton
My 98 Oldsmobile

yea like everybody said the yeezy album is solid but so is 50...all the songs mentioned so far are bangers but no props for "Glory"...kanye's flow on that song is :wow:
eek.gif
...but yea im with all the tribe heads on this butter, midnight, check the rhime, mr muhammed, and luck of lucien...stay on repeat....oh yeah check out that 9th wonder album...dream merchants vol 2 if you haven't so far its :pimp:
pimp.gif
and it will be slept on....

I'm saying, why it gotta be musical DUDES??? I know I'm not eye candy and all, but sheesh!!
The dudes in this forum carry more tampons than I do.

"DCshoechick,"

Did you ever realize...

... that you were a champion?

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

I wasn't checking for the 50 album, so I can't make the comparison. But, I will say the Kanye album is solid. I think he stayed consistent with taking this album in a different direction. The lyrics aren't as socially grounded as LR, but he kept the lyric witty. The funny thing is his style appears be simplistic, but he slips whitty @#%$ in there and a lot of people don't seem to get it.

The only joint I can't rock with his "Drunk Girls." It just seems out of place and breaks the flow of the album. I saw Heat brought T-Pain into the convo. That 'Goodlife' joint is a good look to me. It's the perfect ride out joint. Especially if you're sitting in a convertible riding the PCH in Cali- lol. I also agree with OMD on the joint with Premier on the scratch. Love that joint.

Right now music is in a good place to me. We had Common, Kweli and Kanye drop. Next Tuesday Little Brother drops! With Jay, Jill Skill (Scott) and A. Keys on deck. Then the possibility of Nas and Lupe? Say word!

Quote:
Right now music is in a good place to me. We had Common, Kweli and Kanye drop. Next Tuesday Little Brother drops! With Jay, Jill Skill (Scott) and A. Keys on deck. Then the possibility of Nas and Lupe? Say word!
8)
glasses.gif
in thea load...

Quote:
LB was pushed back til October, third week I think, Phonte wrote a huge blog about his disappointment with the label.

[Florida Evans] Damn, Damn... DAMN!!! [/Florida Evans]

Back
Top Bottom