9811197495_443f6de71e_c.jpg

9811172885_209d7cdb05_c.jpg

9811259703_b8e0efa8ef_c.jpg

Bianchi Pista
(taped bianchi decals w/ white tape)
Nitto dropped bullhorns rb021
Thomson Stem
Chris King headset
Front Aerospoke rim (been painted by pervious owner)
Brooks Saddle
Thomson Masterpiece seat post
Izumi V Super Toughness Chain
MKS road pedals
Sugino BB3 bottom bracket
Sugino Messgenger Crankset w/ matching chainring
then finally,
Rear H+Son Formation Face laced with DT swiss spokes
to my rear Phil wood hub, also have the matching front wheel
(Back wheel has continental gatorskin hardshell tire)

Last edited:
Nice pista up there 8)

mine is a 2002 pista, matte black...NJS everything (sans the phils) sugino cranks zipp front

Last edited:
Those in the know I want a bike similar to this (Schwinn Tourist):

But reviews are mixed. Its w/in my price range (which is $400 and under) but requires tunning more then normal as well seems to have tire and rim issues. 

Thoughts and ideas of better options? I like the the syle and want something like it...

Last edited:
I knew a lot of you Nancys would have road bikes :tongue: I actually been riding more on the road then on the trails and my tires have paid the price.
I wonder what 5 miles in 20 minutes on a mountain bike would transfer to on a road bike

Those in the know I want a bike similar to this (Schwinn Tourist):

But reviews are mixed. Its w/in my price range (which is $400 and under) but requires tunning more then normal as well seems to have tire and rim issues. 
Thoughts and ideas of better options? I like the the syle and want something like it...

that's a hybrid bike. i have a diamondback insight hybrid that i'm pretty happy with. it doesn't have the best components, but it's good enough for my purposes and i got it on sale for $250. i've put in at least 200 miles so far and have had zero problems.

this bike looks pretty cool for your budget:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/galaxy_tour.htm

whats the pros and cons of skinny tires for bikes?

pro: faster

con: rougher ride

Last edited:
tumblr_m50ndao3LI1r25kpqo1_500.jpg

Getting this Friday. Still waiting for my reynolds ea90 wheeset to come in. I haven't even gotten confirmation that theyvebeen shipped and I ordered them on Saturay :frown:

How much did that bike run you OP??...looking to get/build a bike for when the weather warms up and want something like why you have, mainly to ride on pavement.

Just finished putting together my Kilo TT. I'll post pictures tomorrow morning but do you guys have any recommendations on what to upgrade first. I'm thinking the pedals and then probably the saddle.

Aw man, I just bought a silver specialized sirrus elite today. Should be in by the end of the week. Hyped to get it, will post pics when I have it.

On a side note, I am probably one of the few ppl that wears a helmet. Just bought a Giro Reverb helmet on sale for $30, are they any good?

Last edited:
It's the winter so I'm mostly riding this at the moment:

Perfect for this time of year. The SS drivetrain is super easy to keep clean - especially with decent mudguards - and the disc brakes stop no matter the weather.

My road bike is in individual pieces in my garage at the moment - just waiting for the fork to come back from being resprayed and I'll start putting it back together. Should be fine by the time the weather improves.

About $1000+ anything specific you're looking for?

Well I need to read up, I'm new to the game, just want something with a comfortable ride for moderate distances, no trails, since there is really none around my way, and I want something aesthetically attractive...lol

anybody have any recommendations for some carbon tubulars other than ZIPPs? ZIPPS are so $$$$ smh

I hope can just start biking on a consistent basis coming up this spring and fall. My bike still is in new condition and have only taken it out a handful of times but still do not want to sell it. My biggest regret though was getting a fixie over a regular road bike. My legs are just not conditioned for all these damn hills and I get burnt fast. I know biking on a regular basis will get rid of that but honestly I am not even looking at riding as a form of exercise. I just want to get to point A and point B with ease.

Also for people that are looking for deals, City Grounds usualy has some good sales on parts and frames. Not sure how the shipping is but it can't be all that bad.

http://www.citygrounds.com/

For Xmas my girl got me purefix 60mm wheelset for my bike but when I went to test fit the front it didn't fit..

Does anyone know why??? not sure what the specific part is called but the thread thats on the wheel, is the front the same size as the back?

do not buy that bike. My buddy bought it for the hell of it and everything about it sucks... brakes... the gears. 

Back
Top Bottom