The Bicycle Thread

For Xmas my girl got me purefix 60mm wheelset for my bike but when I went to test fit the front it didn't fit..

Does anyone know why??? not sure what the specific part is called but the thread thats on the wheel, is the front the same size as the back?

Hard to know what you're talking about but front and rear hubs are different - fronts are narrower.

Fronts are consistent though - they should all be 100mm.

Post some pics if that doesn't answer your question.

Hard to know what you're talking about but front and rear hubs are different - fronts are narrower.
Fronts are consistent though - they should all be 100mm.
Post some pics if that doesn't answer your question.

Sorry not too sure of the terminology. But here is a picture of what is wrong.

Last edited:
Aw man, I just bought a silver specialized sirrus elite today. Should be in by the end of the week. Hyped to get it, will post pics when I have it.
On a side note, I am probably one of the few ppl that wears a helmet. Just bought a Giro Reverb helmet on sale for $30, are they any good?

All helmets sold work the same, they all need to be certified before being sold in stores so whether or not you get a $30 Giro or a $200 it'll still protect your head. The difference in price comes down to lower weight savings and a lot more ventilation in the more expensive ones.

Any one recommend some good all red tires? For a road bike.

Last edited:
Aw man, I just bought a silver specialized sirrus elite today. Should be in by the end of the week. Hyped to get it, will post pics when I have it.
On a side note, I am probably one of the few ppl that wears a helmet. Just bought a Giro Reverb helmet on sale for $30, are they any good?

All helmets sold work the same, they all need to be certified before being sold in stores so whether or not you get a $30 Giro or a $200 it'll still protect your head. The difference in price comes down to lower weight savings and a lot more ventilation in the more expensive ones.

I hate wearing a helmet, but after the close calls and stories I've heard I won't ride without one. I own that giro helmet and its comfortable, lightweight and gets the job done.

Well I need to read up, I'm new to the game, just want something with a comfortable ride for moderate distances, no trails, since there is really none around my way, and I want something aesthetically attractive...lol
I see, you're looking for a track bicycle?

Check out a Kilo TT, that was my first track bicycle.

can anyone guide me to where I can get a wheelset for a decent price. I was looking for 50mm+ 700c.

I hate wearing a helmet, but after the close calls and stories I've heard I won't ride without one. I own that giro helmet and its comfortable, lightweight and gets the job done.

I got into an accident on my bike close to two years ago and without my helmet i probably wouldn't be here right now. It split open on the left side where my head hit the pavement.

can anyone guide me to where I can get a wheelset for a decent price. I was looking for 50mm+ 700c.

What's a decent price to you? The Boyd wheels i mentioned at the top of this page are very good wheels. I'm riding on 50mm carbon clinchers and use them as an all around wheel and they've held up extremely well. Have about 5,000 miles on them and i haven't had to true them once. Potholes, descents, etc. They've handled everything i've thrown at them.

Last edited:
I got into an accident on my bike close to two years ago and without my helmet i probably wouldn't be here right now. It split open on the left side where my head hit the pavement.
What's a decent price to you? The Boyd wheels i mentioned at the top of this page are very good wheels. I'm riding on 50mm carbon clinchers and use them as an all around wheel and they've held up extremely well. Have about 5,000 miles on them and i haven't had to true them once. Potholes, descents, etc. They've handled everything i've thrown at them.
I like those but 800 is a bit steep for me. Was only looking to spend 250 max

Im not about that riding without an helmet life. My pops was in a real bad accident a couple years ago. He's 100% now. Not too long ago his friend was riding and his tire got caught in a crack while crossing a bridge and it sent him over the bridge where he landed in the bayou.

On a road bike you are going atleast 15 mph some peps go 20mph and the big dawgs can hit 30+. While not fast in a car that is speeding on a bicycle.

I was clipped on my bike last semester. Driver didn't even stop. I literally did a 360 in mid air. Landed dead on my back.

need a tuneup. i just learned to skid, and now when i peddle. i feel a skip at times.

that's scary considering i'm breakless.

Bought a Kilo TT back in June.  Rode about 10 miles everyday last summer until my lung collapsed.  Can't wait until it's warm enough to go on everyday rides. 

Gonna be hard finding a 50mm+ wheelset for $250. If you do find one honestly their probably gonna be complete trash.
The one that was in the picture was a 50mm purefix wheetset. But it didnt fit.  So I was thinking about getting a set of velocity b43 or h plus son.

The one that was in the picture was a 50mm purefix wheetset. But it didnt fit.  So I was thinking about getting a set of velocity b43 or h plus son.

I didn't realize you're riding fixed. Prices will be lower compared to the wheels i told you about, i thought you were riding a geared road bike.

I didn't realize you're riding fixed. Prices will be lower compared to the wheels i told you about, i thought you were riding a geared road bike.
sorry I didn't give the details. 

I have a fixed 50cm iro angus with the original forks with front brakes.

Last edited:
Picked up the same chrome frame bianchi pista that op posted slightly used for $350. Barely any cosmetic damage :pimp:
Still trying to learn how to ride fixed :lol:
Op - what brooks saddle you got?

Back
Top Bottom