52 Week Money Challenge vol. 2014.... Week 24 - 6/9

In. Going to try and start by doubling it each week
On your 52nd week you would have to deposit $2,251,799,813,685,248.

:lol:

View media item 721441
Upgraded from a shoebox :lol: .

Put that in the bank or credit union n earn a lil interest on it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you will not generate much interest from that.

I need a jar, I'll put a dollar in now!

at the end of the year you might make a few dollars. There's honestly no point other than having more money in your account and creating a better history with the bank.

Even the highest accounts (25k+ combined balance) won't give you 1%.

Interest doesn't play a part in this challenge, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Now, if you qualify for a free account, depending on what the bank requires for it, it's not a bad idea if you'd like those extra $3 a year.

also, not trying to be THAT guy, but for people who pay for phone insurance, with a Wells Fargo credit card if you pay for your phone with it you get $600 towards a new phone if anything were to happen to yours. No need for insurance.

It also covers insurance on rental cars.

What do you guys think about alternating the weekly deposits?

Example,
Week 1 , $52
Week 2, $2
Week 3, $50
Week 4, $4

and so on and so forth? I get paid Bi-Weekly and I've got other obligations, and savings going on.... Dont want to exhaust myself before the next paycheck.

Am I not compensating for anything?

And I might use that jar method too. Putting it in a savings linked to my checking is just asking for problems.

What do you guys think about alternating the weekly deposits?

Example,
Week 1 , $52
Week 2, $2
Week 3, $50
Week 4, $4

And I might use that jar method too. Putting it in a savings linked to my checking is just asking for problems.

I like that method.

Week 1, I deposited $5 in the box I used last year and $20 in a second savings account I have. This week I'll put $21 in the box and $6 in the savings. I'll see how far I can take it.

This is the box I used last year. Took the cash out. Forgot I never converted coins.
View media item 732160View media item 732159

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you will not generate much interest from that.

I need a jar, I'll put a dollar in now!

Safer than a shoe box and with my credit union the interest earned was worthwhile. Plus if you are going to save why not leave a paper trail aka history.

the only downside of a shoebox or a jar is that it's tempting to start taking a few dollars here or a few dollars there.

got up to 88 dollars in week 12 last year and my bank account got hit and went in the negative and took everything........
got a new account this year with a credit union and ill be starting over this year good luck bro's !!

Deposit of 100, and the scheduled deposits of week 123...  

Peep i need help, I'm with a credit union, and I want to open up a separate savings accounts that takes 20 percent of my paycheck every month. I'm still hourly so no IRA level yet, but i kind of just want a process of out of sight out of mind, the money automatically goes there on pay day and the only time i see it is if i sign into to check on it, and its not connected to my main banking process that i check on the daily.

Last edited:
Week #2 deposit in ($4).. Putting in the multiples of $2 still... On pace to have $2,756 by the last week.  Let's do this.

dWByq.jpg

laugh.gif

I'm about to start doing this but doubled.  I need more discipline when it comes to money and this should hep me out.  Good luck everyone!

Back
Top Bottom