6 new planets Discovered....Vol Aliens can't be far

It just kind of blows my mind that if they are looking in a telescope right now they will see us 2000 years in the future? Will they have to stand in front of that telescope for 2000 years before the image becomes visible?

Like we look at a star that is 1 light year away in a telescope. Are we seeing the star 1 year later? I get that the light that we see takes time to travel to us so but if the telescope is super strong and I'm looking in it at something 2000 light years away I'll see them 2000 years prior. So these aliens are watching gladiator real time?!?

Damn must be hot as hell in the summer on those planets. 5 of them closer to their sun than Mercury is to ours.

EDIT

Cosmic strings are faster than wormholes though. It'd be easier to use that to get there.

Damn must be hot as hell in the summer on those planets. 5 of them closer to their sun than Mercury is to ours.

EDIT

Cosmic strings are faster than wormholes though. It'd be easier to use that to get there.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

It just kind of blows my mind that if they are looking in a telescope right now they will see us 2000 years in the future? Will they have to stand in front of that telescope for 2000 years before the image becomes visible?

Like we look at a star that is 1 light year away in a telescope. Are we seeing the star 1 year later? I get that the light that we see takes time to travel to us so but if the telescope is super strong and I'm looking in it at something 2000 light years away I'll see them 2000 years prior. So these aliens are watching gladiator real time?!?

think about light like this.

i live here 0----------0 you live there...

i put 10 -'s....lets say each - is a "light year"

a "light year" is a measure of time that represents the amount of time it would take an object that is moving at the speed of light to get somewhere....

so, literally, if something is 10 -'s (lightyears) away

these distances are SO LARGE, that a flash of light, which is, for all intents and purposes, INSTANT on earth, will literally take 10 YEARS to travel to us....

so the images they would be recieving in their telescopes would start off on earth....

then take however many lightyears for THAT SPECIFIC "amount" of light to reach their eyes...

starts where i am, here 0

and takes

- one light year

- two light years

- thee light years

all the way to ten, to actually physically reach you.

but its constant...so every second im being hit with real-time light from however many "light years" away it is...

so, yeah, they'd be watching gladiator, real-time....

that's wild, right?

want some other stuff thats mindblowing?

look up the whole time continum thing....and how time slows the higher up you are and the faster you move...

for example, if we were moving at the speed of light, time would move slower for us....that's REAL mind-blowing *!+@

a "light year" is a measure of time that represents the amount of time it would take an object that is moving at the speed of light to get somewhere....

these distances are SO LARGE, that a flash of light, which is, for all intents and purposes, INSTANT on earth, will literally take 10 YEARS to travel to us....

so the images they would be recieving in their telescopes would start off on earth....

then take however many lightyears for THAT SPECIFIC "amount" of light to reach their eyes...

and takes

- one light year

- two light years

- thee light years

but its constant...so every second im being hit with real-time light from however many "light years" away it is...

that's wild, right?

look up the whole time continum thing....and how time slows the higher up you are and the faster you move...

for example, if we were moving at the speed of light, time would move slower for us....that's REAL mind-blowing *!+@

Unless these aliens have different eyes from us or they're using some device to view us in real time.

Unless these aliens have different eyes from us or they're using some device to view us in real time.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

i dont see how this would be possible, tho, considering OUR understanding of physics...

it physically cant get there faster than the speed of light....

there are actual particles that are actually moving toward your eye when you see "light".....color depends on which particles are absorbed and which ones reflect to our eyes...

i dont see how they could accelerate light particles faster than the speed of light, with their eyes OR a device...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

i dont see how this would be possible, tho, considering OUR understanding of physics...

it physically cant get there faster than the speed of light....

there are actual particles that are actually moving toward your eye when you see "light".....color depends on which particles are absorbed and which ones reflect to our eyes...

i dont see how they could accelerate light particles faster than the speed of light, with their eyes OR a device...

We're advancing much faster then you think. I wouldnt be surprised if we develop a way to travel at such a speed to be able to witness these planets within the next century.

We're advancing much faster then you think. I wouldnt be surprised if we develop a way to travel at such a speed to be able to witness these planets within the next century.

Mind+Blown.bmp

Originally Posted by kingofny04

*dead*
But wouldn't that be nice
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kingofny04

*dead*
But wouldn't that be nice
pimp.gif

we have to find an infinite power source.....

that's the first step.

so, until then, i don't think we have a chance whatsoever...

that's the first step.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

that's the first step.

sounds like they need Unobtainium (from Avatar):

Unobtainium.PNG

- The properties of any particular unobtainium depend on the intended use. For example, a pulley made of unobtainium might be massless and frictionless; however, if used in a nuclear rocket unobtainium would be light, strong at high temperatures, and resistant to radiation damage (wikipedia).

Spoiler [+]

that's the first step.

sounds like they need Unobtainium (from Avatar):

Unobtainium.PNG

- The properties of any particular unobtainium depend on the intended use. For example, a pulley made of unobtainium might be massless and frictionless; however, if used in a nuclear rocket unobtainium would be light, strong at high temperatures, and resistant to radiation damage (wikipedia).

Spoiler [+]

and takes

- one light year

- two light years

- thee light years

that's wild, right?

Appreciate it man.

But the whole space time continum thing confuses me.  I saw Donny Darko lol

Its just strange to me for a distance to be put in as time.  Like its 1 light year away aka 6 trillion miles away.  I think in distance not time so my mind can't rationalize some of this stuff without it being super dumbed down which i appreciate lol.

Really hope we just discover aliens in my life time.  Thats all i ask

and takes

- one light year

- two light years

- thee light years

that's wild, right?

Appreciate it man.

But the whole space time continum thing confuses me.  I saw Donny Darko lol

Its just strange to me for a distance to be put in as time.  Like its 1 light year away aka 6 trillion miles away.  I think in distance not time so my mind can't rationalize some of this stuff without it being super dumbed down which i appreciate lol.

Really hope we just discover aliens in my life time.  Thats all i ask

yeah, i took an astronomy class, it was broad enough that they went in depth on things like light, the speed of light, and explained how it all works

to explain the distance in LENGTH would be wrong, i think (i maybe wrong) because the universe isnt static, so depending on the positioning of everything, you could be moving faster or slower, and it would be a longer or shorter distance,

so instead, they use the only constant speed we have, the speed of light, to describe distances....

i think, im prolly wrong, tho...

im no authority on things of this nature, just always been curious and took a couple classes about it...

was in class with the
eek.gif
expression the whole time....dudes next to me sleep...LOL

yeah, i took an astronomy class, it was broad enough that they went in depth on things like light, the speed of light, and explained how it all works

to explain the distance in LENGTH would be wrong, i think (i maybe wrong) because the universe isnt static, so depending on the positioning of everything, you could be moving faster or slower, and it would be a longer or shorter distance,

so instead, they use the only constant speed we have, the speed of light, to describe distances....

i think, im prolly wrong, tho...

im no authority on things of this nature, just always been curious and took a couple classes about it...

was in class with the
eek.gif
expression the whole time....dudes next to me sleep...LOL

Back
Top Bottom