6th gen Honda drivers, come in.

ins

So I'm pushing a 99 accord and i was wondering if there was a way to get the Honda dealer to rig the car up with keyless entry and have them cut a key. Like the newer honda keys
*edit* it %#%*++! power everything. Its a Accord coupe V6

remote_entry.jpg

So I'm pushing a 99 accord and i was wondering if there was a way to get the Honda dealer to rig the car up with keyless entry and have them cut a key. Like the newer honda keys
*edit* it %#%*++! power everything. Its a Accord coupe V6

remote_entry.jpg

Originally Posted by j4ck

you that lazy?

No but it would be nice to have keyless entry so i dont have to unlock my door and get in and then hit unlock so my passenger can get in. Its weird though if i open the car through the passenger side the driver side opens as well. But when i enter through my side it doesn't unlock the passenger. 

you that lazy?

No but it would be nice to have keyless entry so i dont have to unlock my door and get in and then hit unlock so my passenger can get in. Its weird though if i open the car through the passenger side the driver side opens as well. But when i enter through my side it doesn't unlock the passenger. 

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?

Supposedly it happens to a lot of older hondas. The same thing happens to my 98 accord and my bros 97 civic.

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?

Supposedly it happens to a lot of older hondas. The same thing happens to my 98 accord and my bros 97 civic.

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?

ah, ic. doesn't seem worth it because it sounds expensive to do. especially if you have a 99 honda

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?

ah, ic. doesn't seem worth it because it sounds expensive to do. especially if you have a 99 honda

true I was thinking it would run the same as getting an aftermarket setup. But now that i think about it my sister did have to pay like 150 for and extra key to her 2009 CRV

true I was thinking it would run the same as getting an aftermarket setup. But now that i think about it my sister did have to pay like 150 for and extra key to her 2009 CRV

prob won't work. i know us s2000 owners have been trying to use the new acura/honda flip out keys but the chip is different or something. you might be better off getting one of them ebay ones.

prob won't work. i know us s2000 owners have been trying to use the new acura/honda flip out keys but the chip is different or something. you might be better off getting one of them ebay ones.

i thought this thread was gonna be better... atleast a PYP in disguise... regardless... 98 owner checking in... catch me on 6thgenaccord,co m....

i thought this thread was gonna be better... atleast a PYP in disguise... regardless... 98 owner checking in... catch me on 6thgenaccord,co m....

so it sounds like you already don't have power locks?

if that is the case you're gonna hafta get some aftermarket power lock motor/actuators which run about 10 dollars a piece and are extremely loud, and then get yourself an aftermarket alarm system.

go with Directed Electronics for your parts if this is the route you're taking.

so it sounds like you already don't have power locks?

if that is the case you're gonna hafta get some aftermarket power lock motor/actuators which run about 10 dollars a piece and are extremely loud, and then get yourself an aftermarket alarm system.

go with Directed Electronics for your parts if this is the route you're taking.

Nah its all power. Its the accord coupe V6.

Also i will post pics later of the car its pretty stock

Originally Posted by INS

so you already have power locks?

just get an aftermarket system then.
a DEI keyless entry is like 100 dollars, and 150 for keyless entry + security.

Originally Posted by INS

so you already have power locks?

just get an aftermarket system then.
a DEI keyless entry is like 100 dollars, and 150 for keyless entry + security.

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?

With my old '98 Accord, I used to turn the key on the driver's side door and hold it. After a couple seconds, it would unlock all the doors.  Hopefully it works for you, too

Back
Top Bottom