6th gen Honda drivers, come in.

Originally Posted by INS

Originally Posted by j4ck

you that lazy?

No but it would be nice to have keyless entry so i dont have to unlock my door and get in and then hit unlock so my passenger can get in. Its weird though if i open the car through the passenger side the driver side opens as well. But when i enter through my side it doesn't unlock the passenger. 
With my old '98 Accord, I used to turn the key on the driver's side door and hold it. After a couple seconds, it would unlock all the doors.  Hopefully it works for you, too

Originally Posted by KT Money

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?
No but it would be nice to have keyless entry so i dont have to unlock my door and get in and then hit unlock so my passenger can get in. Its weird though if i open the car through the passenger side the driver side opens as well. But when i enter through my side it doesn't unlock the passenger. 
With my old '98 Accord, I used to turn the key on the driver's side door and hold it. After a couple seconds, it would unlock all the doors.  Hopefully it works for you, too
oh yeah i forgot about that usually you can just unlock your car door twice (i.e., turning it two times) from the driver side and it'll unlock all your doors, assuming you do in fact have power door locks.

additionally, it is possible to get the OEM honda security system but theirs runs about 300 dollars before install (about 200 for just keyless entry)-- this is still assuming you have power door locks already.

Originally Posted by KT Money

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?
oh yeah i forgot about that usually you can just unlock your car door twice (i.e., turning it two times) from the driver side and it'll unlock all your doors, assuming you do in fact have power door locks.

additionally, it is possible to get the OEM honda security system but theirs runs about 300 dollars before install (about 200 for just keyless entry)-- this is still assuming you have power door locks already.

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?

not sure what you're saying here.
i have a 2000 accord and if i hit the unlock button twice it'll unlock all doors.

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?

i have a 2000 accord and if i hit the unlock button twice it'll unlock all doors.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?

LOL what do you mean?
Its not about the inside bro, but when i try to unlock the car from the outside

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by INS

you that lazy?

LOL what do you mean?
Its not about the inside bro, but when i try to unlock the car from the outside

Originally Posted by HyphySole

speaking of Hondas, anyone know if there are legal Honda HIDs that I can install?

Retrofit or bust! Don't go installing a PnP kit, it's worthless, it doesn't produce/perform nearly half of what projectors can. Besides you'll just be glaring the other drivers, have some courtesy for others!

Originally Posted by HyphySole

speaking of Hondas, anyone know if there are legal Honda HIDs that I can install?

Retrofit or bust! Don't go installing a PnP kit, it's worthless, it doesn't produce/perform nearly half of what projectors can. Besides you'll just be glaring the other drivers, have some courtesy for others!

just got me a 98 accord coupe, and I've been researching this same problem ............... if have power locks and trunk but the remote isn't doing anything try turning the car off, then turn the intermittant wiper to the middle/medium setting then turn the car back on wait a minute or two turn the car back off the the intermittant wiper to it's lowest setting then try the remote .......... when I did that I got the trunk to start unlocking and now I could put down the passenger side windows from the driver side but it looks like I will need to get new actuators for everything to start back working

just got me a 98 accord coupe, and I've been researching this same problem ............... if have power locks and trunk but the remote isn't doing anything try turning the car off, then turn the intermittant wiper to the middle/medium setting then turn the car back on wait a minute or two turn the car back off the the intermittant wiper to it's lowest setting then try the remote .......... when I did that I got the trunk to start unlocking and now I could put down the passenger side windows from the driver side but it looks like I will need to get new actuators for everything to start back working

If you don't have power locks then you have to get some. Not worth it for a car that old. BTW all Honda's without power locks unlock that way. A less inexpensive option would be to buy an aftermarket alarm and have them put in power locks.

If you don't have power locks then you have to get some. Not worth it for a car that old. BTW all Honda's without power locks unlock that way. A less inexpensive option would be to buy an aftermarket alarm and have them put in power locks.

6th gen accord? You'd just be better off saving up for the day the transmission goes out............... Seriously though, it just doesn't seem worth it IMO, aftermarket is money in this case.

6th gen accord? You'd just be better off saving up for the day the transmission goes out............... Seriously though, it just doesn't seem worth it IMO, aftermarket is money in this case.

I just checked and if you hold the key in the door for like 3 seconds the passenger side opens as well.

LEts get some pics flowing. Impromptu Honda pyp

I just checked and if you hold the key in the door for like 3 seconds the passenger side opens as well.

LEts get some pics flowing. Impromptu Honda pyp

Back
Top Bottom