7.3 Quake hits Iraq-Iran border

That is so sad, I hope their government responds quickly. No one deserves to suffer like that. Hurt seeing the mother cry over her little one.

I instantly closed the tab when I saw the pic of the mother crying over a young child's body. That pic was heart breaking.

My heart goes out to those people. R.I.P to the victims.

RIP

Spoke to my aunt she said her place was shaking. Walls are cracked, and shes no where near the epicenter. Next fam that's closer thought people were attacking smh

Wow that's terrible, haven't really heard much in the news waves about this. Such a shame

RIP to the deceased.

If you scroll too far the comments are surprisingly tame.

God have mercy.

Thier was a earthquake off the coast Costa Rica that Sunday too. I got a notification from weather channel about both these incidents.

Didn't know there was that much lives lost. Smh. R.i.p to the lost souls.

In an effort to raise funds and awareness, one Iranian weightlifter - who won gold at the Rio 2016 Olympics - has put his medal up for auction in an effort to raise funds for victims.

Kianoush Rostami, who grew up in Kermanshah province near Sarpol-e-Zahab, said he was was “taking a step, however small” to help those in need after the earthquake.

“I am returning my Rio 2016 Olympics gold medal - which actually belongs to them - to my people,” he wrote in an Instagram post on Wednesday.

“I will put my medal up for auction. All the proceedings will go to those hit by the earthquake

Back
Top Bottom