7 day DC trip: What to do?

I dont understand why people say "Georgetown for the shopping" as a resident of 20007, I will say that shopping in Georgetown is nothing more than an outdoor mall with narrow side walks. All the stores along what us residents call the "Gaza Strip" (the stores between N and P) are nothing more than drug fronts that have had the same crap in there windows for the past decade.

Also, don't understand the "don't get shot" comments, if you go sight seeing in SE, I would probably advise against it but they arent going to shoot you, contrary to what some of the people on here would like to lead you to believe.

I dont understand why people say "Georgetown for the shopping" as a resident of 20007, I will say that shopping in Georgetown is nothing more than an outdoor mall with narrow side walks. All the stores along what us residents call the "Gaza Strip" (the stores between N and P) are nothing more than drug fronts that have had the same crap in there windows for the past decade.

Also, don't understand the "don't get shot" comments, if you go sight seeing in SE, I would probably advise against it but they arent going to shoot you, contrary to what some of the people on here would like to lead you to believe.

Don't forget about Capitol Hill. You can get House or Senate gallery tickets from your Representative or Senator. Also, the Library of Congress is interesting. Capitol Hill as a neighborhood is a nice spot, interesting bars and such.

in the same category as Reston, why would someone go all the way out to College Park, MD?

Don't forget about Capitol Hill. You can get House or Senate gallery tickets from your Representative or Senator. Also, the Library of Congress is interesting. Capitol Hill as a neighborhood is a nice spot, interesting bars and such.

in the same category as Reston, why would someone go all the way out to College Park, MD?

Back
Top Bottom