7 Years, 9 Months, and 25 Days Later…Retirement

Alright, since I've spent most of my NT days here in the S&T forum I thought it'd be mostfitting to do this here, but if Ska or another mod disagrees feel free to send this thread off into the night.

It's been a great experience, but it's time for me to go. I still rememberreading the First Step section of one of the original (maybe even the original) Kicks magazine, where (I believe) Russ was divulging whereone could go to find out the "top secret stuff" surrounding the AJ XV. "Top secret stuff, huh?" I remember thinkingas I walked to my old HP Pavilion dinosaur. Typed in the URL. And seven-plus years later I'm stillhere.

Lot's of great info passed and received, lots of changes seen (shoot, at one time this place hadit's own AJ XI forum), lots of lively and intelligent debates had. It's been a fun trip, but I've come to realize I'mjust at a point right now where I've got to shift focus. I'm graduating from law school in four months, sitting for the bar examin six, and getting married in seven. I've got a grandfather who fractured his neck last week and is going to be in a neck brace forthe next three months. My fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e and I are closing on our first home in the next twenty-five days or so. As theold Bob Dylan song goes, the times they are a-changin'. Time to chill with the sneaker collection that's 40+ pairs deep (80+pairs two years ago).

Too many good people on here to name, so I'll just throw out a few that come to mind immediately: Ska,DoubleJ's, Willinc, Nowitness, Gunna, DaJoka, AM1 Fiend, KLJ, JapanAir, KB8Sandiego, and many others, it's been great shooting the ______ around hereover the years. I wish you all, and everyone else for that matter, the absolute best in wherever your lives take you. And yes, that includes some of you others - *cough* S4L and Fr3sh *cough*. Some, ahem, "spirited" disagreementsbetween us over the years to be sure, but trust that it was never personal. But ya'll still crazy.

Anyhow, time to hang up the e-sneakers (and some real sneakers too: I'm getting rid of some more of mycollection to get some more furniture in the new house, so check the sig and if there's anything that interests you pm or email me). I will however continue running the four Yahoo NT S&T NBA leagues throughout their completion, so I'll still be dealing with some of youthere. Other than that, keep this place going strong. I'll still peruse from time to time, and I won't bedestroying my account altogether, so I may come back sometime in the future, but at least for now, I'm out.

Best,

Chris

23jordan_goodbye1.jpg

Oh, and real quick since I haven't been here in like a month. Great season forthe Dolphins (take that Jets) though at the end of the day "they were who we thought they were" - they'll regress a little next year but Tunastaying on board is a good thing. Good riddance Robert Marve, though Shannon needs to take the next step and be more than just a greatrecruiter: next season will be a pivotal one for his future and the program's. The Kid (Beasley) is gonna be alright, and don'tbe shocked to see Wade stay in 2010 and maybe lure another big name to come down to SoBe and run here with him (Bosh? Amare? . . . Bron?). The Marlins better not screw up once they get their new stadium deal finalized.

Damn man, sorry to lose one of the few good Dolphins fans we have on here.

Good luck with the new home, wife, job etc.

Hope you can check in after a Dolphins super bowl someday.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Peace

I'm almost tempted to say you'll be back, but I think you won't.

I'm about to peace out too. Not for good, just from this name. I need some anonymity.

My man Eagle
Good Luck with everything. Congrats on the Soon to be wife and new Home.

I hope the "Law" is good to you and yours.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Even though I disliked your views when it came to Knicks/Heat, you were a good dude. Peace

PS- Allan Houston says hi.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Congratulations on setting yourself and your family up for a successful life, eagle; best of luck.

Hopefully you're too distracted to keep wrecking the basketball league.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Bye @*%%%.
laugh.gif

And you're a law student? I could never tell from your posts..
eyes.gif

J/P, kudos to you. Study up for that Bar, it's the worst test you'll ever take, outside of the LSAT. Not sure what state you're in, but I'mpretty sure you ain't in California. 3-Day Bar FTL.

pimp.gif
[frank lucas] MY MAN!!!! [/frank lucas]

I hope everything goes well for you in the next couple of months...seems like you got A LOT on your plate, but I wish you the best.

keep this in mind....

michael_jordan_45.jpg

hope to see you back soon...good luck bro.

eaglebball1499 is peacing out?
eek.gif
frown.gif
You will be missed my dude. What area of law are you practicing?

Don't really know you but it's good you've got priorities. You can still look to NT as a release sometimes, as much BS that's on here,there's also a lot of good info.

More importantly, was that Bubbs at the 1:15 mark of that Aaliyah "I Miss You" video???

Back
Top Bottom