707HP 2015 SRT Challenger Hemi Hellcat: update Charger

Amazing car and love that exhaust and idle note. Would have dudes drooling at stop lights. but for that price easy pass would just go with da m3

In the history of cars I don't know if there has been a better blend of power, comfort and value.

CTS-V and ZL1 >>>

Good luck fitting a taller than average grown man into either one of those cars comfortably.

Good luck going to the airport in either as well

:lol: So the CTS and Camaro are small cars now ? Only on NT :lol:

I don't know if you've driven a CTS, but it's just as large as the Challenger (CTS actually feels bigger to me). The Challenger cabin is only a bit larger than the Camaro, but the difference is negligible.

The only notable advantage the Challenger has in terms of size, is trunk space... but GM got ya covered on that aspect too :tongue: ...

In the history of cars I don't know if there has been a better blend of power, comfort and value.

CTS-V and ZL1 >>>

Good luck fitting a taller than average grown man into either one of those cars comfortably.

I don't know if you've driven a CTS, but it's just as large as the Challenger (CTS actually feels bigger to me). The Challenger cabin is only a bit larger than the Camaro, but the difference is negligible.

The only notable advantage the Challenger has in terms of size, is trunk space... but GM got ya covered on that aspect too :tongue: ...

My brother has a supercharged SS and couldn't take me to airport two days ago because my bag wouldn't fit into the trunk. If a wear a hat it also scrapes the roof.

CTS-V and ZL1 >>>

My brother has a supercharged SS and couldn't take me to airport two days ago because my bag wouldn't fit into the trunk. If a wear a hat it also scrapes the roof.
Yeah, I feel you on the trunk space. The Camaro has a pretty small trunk for a car its size and its smallness is only amplified by the tiny opening on top.

But forreal... who the hell is buying a Camaro for the trunk space ? :lol:

Last edited:

CTS-V and ZL1 >>>

Yeah, I feel you on the trunk space. The Camaro has a pretty small trunk for a car its size and its smallness is only amplified by the tiny opening on top.

But forreal... who the hell is buying a Camaro for the trunk space ? :lol:
I mean when I had to make the decision it played at factor idk.

As a toy sure I'd look at other cars but for something I have to drive everyday as my only car Naw gimme Da Hemi

Only thing I ever throw in my trunk occasionally is like a jacket and a laundry hamper. Doesn't matter to me.

CTS-V and ZL1 >>>

I'm not sure about the CTS, but I've driven both the Chally and the Camaro. And the Chally is definitely larger and gives much more space, at least to me.

My girl wanted a Camaro, so we went to test drive one (I ended up driving it for the test drive because she's a girl... And she's lazy... And didn't have her license with her :smh: ) and It felt pretty good while driving, but when I drove a Chally for the first time I automatically thought back to the Camaro experience and noticed how much more space the Chally had.

The trunk is definitely larger, but if you're looking to move lots of stuff, get a truck :lol:

That CTS wagon is hot though :smokin

I'd take that over a Camaro.

I felt more leg space in the Chally and definitely more head space. And the Camaro has that cramped up space between you and the doors. Can't even rest your arm on the windows because they have them so high. It just feels cramped.

And I'm only 6'1.

Say hello to the 2015 SRT Charger Hellcat
View media item 1130249

DETROIT -- Chrysler Group today unveiled its second car that will be powered by its 707-hp supercharged 6.2-liter Hellcat engine, a 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat.

The four-door performance sedan will make its public debut at this weekend’s Woodward Dream Cruise near Detroit. It was shown today to journalists at Vinsetta Garage, an eatery along Woodward Avenue that is owned by KC Crain, group publisher of Crain Communications’ Automotive News Group.

Chrysler refreshed the exterior and interior styling for the 2015 Charger and showed the vehicle earlier this year at the New York auto show. That updated styling holds over to the Hellcat-powered version, albeit slightly modified to accommodate the needs of the supercharged V-8.

Just as they did with the Hellcat-powered Challenger, Dodge engineers modified the hood and front fascia of the Charger to provide maximum airflow for cooling and room for the engine’s massive top-mounted supercharger.

204 mph

The Hellcat-powered Charger will reach 204 mph, 5 mph more than the Challenger version.

It also will share some of the additional high-performance features with the Challenger, including larger, more powerful brakes, wheels and tires and a second key fob that electronically limits the engine’s performance for more on-road manners. It also will have special SRT performance pages, allowing drivers to keep track of their performance times, for example, on its 8.4-inch infotainment screen.

The Hellcat-powered 2015 Challenger was shown earlier this summer to rave reviews. Dealers told Automotive News that they have taken multiple deposits already for the supercharged Challenger. Tim Kuniskis, who heads both the Dodge and SRT brands, said there are no plans to limit production of the Hellcat. Ordering has not yet opened for the Hellcat-powered Challengers, dealers said.

Pricing for the Hellcat-powered Charger, which is expected in dealerships in the first quarter of 2015, was not announced.

Dodge is really turning the performance sector of the auto industry on it's head right now. The Z28, Z06, Shelby GT500, and AMG, S, and M models have all been
undercut by this monster at just $59K. I hope that we see the reintroduction of the Magnum Wagon with the Hellcat powerplant.

Last edited:
I hated the RT version, but the look of the Hellcat charger is just incredible imo... I'm sold. The fact that all that the front end updates are done for air intake and cooling makes it ever better. 204 mph sedan, I'd sign paper work today for one.

Say hello to the 2015 SRT Charger Hellcat
View media item 1130249Dodge is really turning the performance sector of the auto industry on it's head right now. The Z28, Z06, Shelby GT500, and AMG, S, and M models have all been
undercut by this monster at just $59K. I hope that we see the reintroduction of the Magnum Wagon with the Hellcat powerplant.

I hope they do and only make 100 units...

Pretty sure someone will chop a hellcat chally up and put the 707hp engine in the LX body maggy...

Dat thang looking good, b....

View media item 1130582

Last edited:
I would like to see at least 500 Hellcat wagons per year over three years to be on par with the 05-08 SRT8 Magnum Wagon. But if the don't make the wagon, I'll be satisfied with my hellcat charger or challenger.

polosport, You already know guys will be putting this engines in the old lx cars. ...Lots of frame s twisted and overheating issues.

I think people aren't used to this new update on the challenger. The lines from front to back are almost perfect.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the front. Maybe it pushes down the price of the previous gen srt8 greatly, that would be good.

The current model prices will definitely go down, but not as much as people would expect. The 6.4 Hemi will still be as close as you can get to a Hellcat, so any 392 will still be in demand. These cars Holstein their value very well, but you'll be able to find one at a good price if you patient.

The Hellcat will be almost impossible to get in the first year.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 'Trackhawk' With Hellcat V8 Allegedly Confirmed

Reports about a possible Grand Cherokee 'Hellcat' have been circulating for nearly a year, but now Motor Authority has reported that the project has been green lit and the Hellcat-powered Jeep is on its way as a 2017 model.

The car should indeed be named 'Trackhawk' and it will feature the same HEMI V8 as the Hellcat duo, only this time, delivering those sweet 707 horses to all four wheels. Reportedly, a ZF 8-speed automatic transmission will handle all that muscle, while the all-wheel drive system will take care of any lack of grip when accelerating.

Those same sources mentioned a possible top speed of 200 mph (321 km/h) and a 0-60 mph (96 km/h) time of less than 3 seconds!

The current model prices will definitely go down, but not as much as people would expect. The 6.4 Hemi will still be as close as you can get to a Hellcat, so any 392 will still be in demand. These cars Holstein their value very well, but you'll be able to find one at a good price if you patient.

The Hellcat will be almost impossible to get in the first year.
Hellcats are easy to get
It's just the dealer markups are CRAZY
THIS one out here selling for 98,000 :smh:
Tryna get a challenger in December
Tryna decide between a srt and scat pak
Leaning towards the scat pak since it's cheaper
Since it has the srt engine in an rt body

Back
Top Bottom