I said all game if we can't run the ball we're not gonna win. I know we were throwing it all over the field (has anybody ever had such a great game with such a poor receiving corps?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) but you have to be able to get chunks of yardage on the ground or you will rarely win. Honestly I've already hit rock bottom with VT crapping the bed this year so nothing phases me now; this loss didn't hurt me at all, I was just glad to see a really entertaining game and we showed a lot of promise on offense.

-Landry is slowly playing his way into making me not hate him. This scheme suits him perfectly and he's been balling so far this year. It looks like somebody also reminded him how to tackle correctly.

-Carlos Rogers can't even cover a white guy, what gives
laugh.gif

-Horton and Doughty are buns.

-Matt Schaub is a damn beast. He made so many plays in this game dodging pressure and stepping up and making pinpoint passes.

Overall it sucks to give up a 27-10 lead but we had a lot of things go badly for us and still almost won. If Portis can balance like a normal human being and we get that first down instead of having to settle for a FG (which was blocked), we would have won. If Joey Galloway was 3 inches closer to that deep ball we would have won. It took a 4th and 10 jump ball to Andre Johnson (another beast) and a missed FG after Kubiak iced Gano for us to lose to a team that murked the Colts last week. It's not a win, but it's a hell of a lot better than what we were doing the past few years. Kyle Shanahan has the offense running so smoothly; those play action passes to Davis and Cooley were a thing of beauty. I walk away from this game pretty encouraged.

Oh yea, and at least the Cowboys are 0-2, that always makes it a little better.

I said all game if we can't run the ball we're not gonna win. I know we were throwing it all over the field (has anybody ever had such a great game with such a poor receiving corps?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) but you have to be able to get chunks of yardage on the ground or you will rarely win. Honestly I've already hit rock bottom with VT crapping the bed this year so nothing phases me now; this loss didn't hurt me at all, I was just glad to see a really entertaining game and we showed a lot of promise on offense.

-Landry is slowly playing his way into making me not hate him. This scheme suits him perfectly and he's been balling so far this year. It looks like somebody also reminded him how to tackle correctly.

laugh.gif

-Horton and Doughty are buns.

-Matt Schaub is a damn beast. He made so many plays in this game dodging pressure and stepping up and making pinpoint passes.

Overall it sucks to give up a 27-10 lead but we had a lot of things go badly for us and still almost won. If Portis can balance like a normal human being and we get that first down instead of having to settle for a FG (which was blocked), we would have won. If Joey Galloway was 3 inches closer to that deep ball we would have won. It took a 4th and 10 jump ball to Andre Johnson (another beast) and a missed FG after Kubiak iced Gano for us to lose to a team that murked the Colts last week. It's not a win, but it's a hell of a lot better than what we were doing the past few years. Kyle Shanahan has the offense running so smoothly; those play action passes to Davis and Cooley were a thing of beauty. I walk away from this game pretty encouraged.

Oh yea, and at least the Cowboys are 0-2, that always makes it a little better.

roll.gif
Man am I happy that Skins fans finally get brought back down to reality after losing yesterday.  The Skins have made some improvements, no doubt about it.  However, with no current running game and no running game in sight you dudes are going to be average at best. 

-Laron Landry...dude is in the PERFECT scheme for his skill-set. Dude has been an animal this year. Yeah it's early, but he's player better than any other SS i've seen thus far. Hopefully he can keep it up.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Dudes campaigning early for Laron Landry to be in the Pro Bowl I see.  Good luck with that champ.

laugh.gif

I thought he was a Pro Bowl caliber CB??

roll.gif
Man am I happy that Skins fans finally get brought back down to reality after losing yesterday.  The Skins have made some improvements, no doubt about it.  However, with no current running game and no running game in sight you dudes are going to be average at best. 

-Laron Landry...dude is in the PERFECT scheme for his skill-set. Dude has been an animal this year. Yeah it's early, but he's player better than any other SS i've seen thus far. Hopefully he can keep it up.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Dudes campaigning early for Laron Landry to be in the Pro Bowl I see.  Good luck with that champ.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Dude has been ballin' for the past 2 weeks.  You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.  Dudes calling the game on cbs were saying the EXACT same thing. 

*If anything, you should see if your team can score more than 6 tonight. 

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Dude has been ballin' for the past 2 weeks.  You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.  Dudes calling the game on cbs were saying the EXACT same thing. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

I'll say this much, let's wait till at least the half point of the season before you or anyone else breaks out the annointing oil for Laron Landry.  Remember, we saw this same type of performance from Carlos Rodgers last year when you and others were campaigning for him to make it to the Pro Bowl and he pretty much bombed out towards the end of the season, or even 2 years ago when Jason Campbell got off to a good start and you and a few others Skins fans were campaigning for him for him to be the leagues MVP and he ended up bombing the rest of the season.  Are you seeing a pattern yet champ??

As far as tonight goes, I can guarantee us putting up more than 6 points, and I can also guarantee that Colston doesn't put on a one man show like Andre Johnson did to your boys yesterday.   

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

I'll say this much, let's wait till at least the half point of the season before you or anyone else breaks out the annointing oil for Laron Landry.  Remember, we saw this same type of performance from Carlos Rodgers last year when you and others were campaigning for him to make it to the Pro Bowl and he pretty much bombed out towards the end of the season, or even 2 years ago when Jason Campbell got off to a good start and you and a few others Skins fans were campaigning for him for him to be the leagues MVP and he ended up bombing the rest of the season.  Are you seeing a pattern yet champ??

As far as tonight goes, I can guarantee us putting up more than 6 points, and I can also guarantee that Colston doesn't put on a one man show like Andre Johnson did to your boys yesterday.   

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Ron Jaworski was the one who was crowning Jason Campbell as a MVP canidate after the 6-2 start a few years back....i don't think there was ANYONE here on NT who was saying the same thing.  As far as Rogers...he's not a terrible CB by any means.  Dude just can't catch.  I think he had his 7th career INT yesterday.  If he could actually bring the ball in, he'd be easily around 15-20 INT's for his career. 

With Landry....I think everyone is happy that he's playing football in this manner.  He's a freak athletically, but is severely limited in coverage.  There's finally a DC who uses the dude for his strengths.  As long as he's close to the LOS, he's good.  Right now, he's playing like Adrian Wilson from a few years back.  There are 14 more games to go and it's a looooong season, but there's optimism with the way he's been playing so hopefully he can keep it up.  

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Ron Jaworski was the one who was crowning Jason Campbell as a MVP canidate after the 6-2 start a few years back....i don't think there was ANYONE here on NT who was saying the same thing.  As far as Rogers...he's not a terrible CB by any means.  Dude just can't catch.  I think he had his 7th career INT yesterday.  If he could actually bring the ball in, he'd be easily around 15-20 INT's for his career. 

With Landry....I think everyone is happy that he's playing football in this manner.  He's a freak athletically, but is severely limited in coverage.  There's finally a DC who uses the dude for his strengths.  As long as he's close to the LOS, he's good.  Right now, he's playing like Adrian Wilson from a few years back.  There are 14 more games to go and it's a looooong season, but there's optimism with the way he's been playing so hopefully he can keep it up.  

There's finally a DC who uses the dude for his strengths.  As long as he's close to the LOS, he's good.

For the 2 games thus far this season I will say that Laron Landry has stepped it up, no doubt about it.  It seems like the various schemes the Skins have run benefit him and he is actually able to make an open field tackle (yeah I'm just as surprised as you).  We'll see if he is able to carry out this same level of play throughout the season..........

There's finally a DC who uses the dude for his strengths.  As long as he's close to the LOS, he's good.

For the 2 games thus far this season I will say that Laron Landry has stepped it up, no doubt about it.  It seems like the various schemes the Skins have run benefit him and he is actually able to make an open field tackle (yeah I'm just as surprised as you).  We'll see if he is able to carry out this same level of play throughout the season..........

Back
Top Bottom