8 Year Car Lease = Real Life

Edmunds or KBB don't respect the Hybrid Ex model. Many value calculators don't even have it added.
You got a hybrid that only gets 30 mpg? Damn man that truly sucks, my 04 Camry gets 24mpg city.

I keep that joint in eco mode and drive like a Grandma too, keep it on that screen where you can see the eco level and try to keep it the highest; slow acceleration, coasting on downhills and even grades, cruise control, etc. and still that's all I get. Like I said, the premium between the regular models and the hybrid is so high that for it to not be getting me close to 40 just further makes it a regrettable decision.

Man y'all trippin. Let's dudes live life out here. You die tomorrow and all that money management don't mean ****.

having legit almost died this summer i have to agree with this

but

at the same time gotta be practical

its all about balance at the end of the day..........................just makes me think.

I just can't get over the price of vehicles nowadays. Houses could be had for what a lot of brand new mid package level cars are going for. But i never see a shortage of new cars on the road.

I just can't get over the price of vehicles nowadays. Houses could be had for what a lot of brand new mid package level cars are going for. But i never see a shortage of new cars on the road.

ppl lease all day man

car is like a status symbol you use daily and people see all the time

Trying to decide what to do about my Camaro I want the newer model but also want to get out of this stupid financing situation I'm in now. I think the trade in is right side up, but don't want to go through dealer financing ever again. 

Edmunds or KBB don't respect the Hybrid Ex model. Many value calculators don't even have it added.
I keep that joint in eco mode and drive like a Grandma too, keep it on that screen where you can see the eco level and try to keep it the highest; slow acceleration, coasting on downhills and even grades, cruise control, etc. and still that's all I get. Like I said, the premium between the regular models and the hybrid is so high that for it to not be getting me close to 40 just further makes it a regrettable decision.

Its all good it happens to the best of us. Just be more cautious next time and make sure your 100% sure before getting into a car deal. At least your not having problems with the car.

having legit almost died this summer i have to agree with this

but

at the same time gotta be practical

its all about balance at the end of the day..........................just makes me think.

Damn thats crazy.

Does practical to you mean being content also?

Trying to decide what to do about my Camaro I want the newer model but also want to get out of this stupid financing situation I'm in now. I think the trade in is right side up, but don't want to go through dealer financing ever again. 

didnt they just change the tail lights?

looks so much better

PolosnDunks

huh?

all im saying is life needs balance dont get a car out of your league and dont get a clunker in take pride in it get something you will like that you can manage

Last edited:

I don't know how long you got on that deal but just refinance it if its a stupid interest rate.

You could also do the trade in but get your own financing with the credit unions like others have said in here. Never do financing through the dealers.

I'll stick to my mid 2000 American Muscle. I switch out used GT Mustangs every two or three years. Models range from 5-10 years old and the cars are so common I always find good prices with low miles. I'm a huge Mustang buff anyway so it's a win win. I don't ever see myself in anything else. At least not why I'm bachelor living.

looks so much better

PolosnDunks

huh?

all im saying is life needs balance dont get a car out of your league and dont get a clunker in take pride in it get something you will like that you can manage

The design is similar, but it's a lot lighter and the chassis looks more aggressive to me. Bells and whistles inside are better as well.

I don't know how long you got on that deal but just refinance it if its a stupid interest rate.

You could also do the trade in but get your own financing with the credit unions like others have said in here. Never do financing through the dealers.

PolosandDunks didnt you buy a BMW?

how is it these days? those things change so fast i think it was you

So get the financing first through a credit union then trade the car into the dealership?

looks so much better

PolosnDunks

huh?

Cool. Was trying to understand what you meant specifically. Practical to me can mean being content at times also...

PolosandDunks didnt you buy a BMW?

how is it these days? those things change so fast i think it was you

Yeah I did but I gave it to my younger brother. It was a lease on a 650. I ALMOST messed up and financed it but I noticed there was only 1 more year of warranty left so I said hell no :lol:. Once I saw my credit was eligible for a good lease I went that route.

Bimmers change so fast man I don't think I would ever again. I got an Audi lease now and I would stay with them or MB

I totally lost on this Kia Optima Hybrid. Had it 4 months and already 14k upside down, 40% of the value. Realized it can't even fit a stroller in the trunk and I need to trade it for something bigger, but not an option really that far upside down. On top of that, I am only getting around 30mpg, which I could have gotten one of the more base, regular models for literally half and gotten that mileage, even the turbos you can catch a new 2014 for like 18
My 2015 Kia Optima I just got gets 24 city. Got 0% apr for 66 months. Just seen on tv that they have this thing and they pay your first 2 payments. I should have waited. I used this true car.com pricing crap also

Damn.
mean.gif

All the more reason to do your price negotiating via email. That method worked very well for me. Best part was avoiding the slimeball salesmen at the dealership.
So basically bring the white homie with me..

Lol this country man

Last edited:
Funny you guys mention how conniving salesmen can be. I have a cousin who is a finance manager at a dealership and rakes in money hand over fist. I constantly hear him boast about how he is able to "hit customers upside the head" and sometimes it's sickening to hear him talk about it. He offers me a position there on the regular but I know my heart wouldn't be in it to purposely take advantage of people's ignorance. That's just me though.

Last edited:
I want a pickup but you damn near have to be a baller to get anything that isn't a bucket with 150k miles.

I want a pickup but you damn near have to be a baller to get anything that isn't a bucket with 150k miles.

Word, any Silverado Crew Cab, 4x4 is hitting 30K even with a bunch of miles.

I'm hopefully buying a diesel in a couple weeks. 24K, 84 month term. Flame suit on!

Basically, I'm gonna pay like an extra 200 a month to pay it off sooner but I want the minimum to be low as possible in case work slows down.

For what reason do you need a giant pick-up if you don't mind me asking?

Never understood the rationale of the average Joe whipping one casually.

I've been looking at the ram 1500 express for a minute and they're damn near $30k for a rwd single cab. I'm hoping come January they get heavily discounted. I still don't know if I trust Chrysler reliability, or even any of the big 3 for that matter.

For what reason do you need a giant pick-up if you don't mind me asking?

Never understood the rationale of the average Joe whipping one casually.

basically, besides the few times a year I'll be towing dirt bikes and a boat, or my Harley, I don't need it. Hell, I could do everything I mentioned with a 1500.

Thing is that the 1500's are hitting for over 30K in the packages that I want and that's with anywhere from 50K to 100K+ miles.

I like the 6.6L Duramax and diesels go for ever.

I've been looking at the ram 1500 express for a minute and they're damn near $30k for a rwd single cab. I'm hoping come January they get heavily discounted. I still don't know if I trust Chrysler reliability, or even any of the big 3 for that matter.

I'm a Chevy man myself, but you're better off going into the dealership and talking to them in person. This time of year, their letting go of the 2015's for decent (somewhat) prices. I almost got a 2015 Silverado LT Crew Cab, 4x4, for 35K out the door, wanted it for cheaper :lol: yea, I know, I'm a tire kicker.

Back
Top Bottom