80 Bucks For 20 Tulips and a Glass Vase Valentines Day Is a Crime

Jesus Christ I was just trying to send my girl some flowers for Vday, and these bastards wanted 80 damn bucks to send some tulips in a glass vase today
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Highway robbery, these flowers are going to DIE in like 4 - 5 days
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Man this really pisses me off, I can get some flowers from the grocery store for like 20 bucks, and have a bum deliver them for another 20 bucks.

How much did you folks spend on flowers? Anyone stupid and spend more then 50 for some damn flowers???

-Jacob

my bill came out to about $86.

Tulips + vase (and some shipping charges built in here) = 55
chocolate = 15
delivery = 16

******ed.

Shoot, i bought wifey 4 new champagne flutes and a bottle of Mo and it was cheaper than that.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Shoot, i bought wifey 4 new champagne flutes and a bottle of Mo and it was cheaper than that.

I wish my girl drank it would be easier.

Hey...check this out...

Friday's w/drinks $35 (that 3-course 4 12.99 combo is both the truth and the reason)
Flowers fresh from supermarket (that live just as long as the $100 imported ones) $8
Condoms (Magnums cuz I have 2 say that, this is NT
laugh.gif
) $5.99
Trees: $10
Dutches: $2

Havin a happy V-day without bein broke 4 the next week: priceless...

Originally Posted by jumpman247

My wifey is the truth son, you have no idea.

All she wants tonight is to go to the mexican spot by my house, get a huge Margarita, come home, ima make her dinner, then she has 3 discs of The Wire from herNetflix.

Drink some bubbley and watch the Wire.

me > you

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by franchise3

That edible arrangements thing is
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Good find.
they been around for a minute now and they aint cheap either.

V-Day is expensive.

Word, but getting to share and eat something you buy > something that's going to die in a couple of days

All she wants tonight is to go to the mexican spot by my house, get a huge Margarita, come home, ima make her dinner, then she has 3 discs of The Wire from her Netflix.

me > you

That's a keeper for real.

Mine - No gifts, just a home cooked meal that she will prepare. All I need to do is grab some wine and maybe dessert.

I'm gonna cook up some grub for her then spray paint this mural on her door and then watch some unreleased movies (her dad works for the american filmrating thingy)
pimp.gif

[h2]The Cost of Showing You Care
Love has a cost: $17 billion[/h2] [h3]from Melanie Linder, Forbes.com

Cupid must be a capitalist.[/h3]
Despite the sluggish U.S. economy, this year lovebirds still plan to shell out an average of $123 each on Valentine's Day, up from $120 last year and eclipsing the $101 of 2006. Total outlay for the U.S.: $17 billion, estimates the National Retail Federation's 2008 Valentine's Day Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey, conducted by market research company BIGresearch.

The survey polled 8,447 consumers and found that 61 percent plan to celebrate the holiday. The most romantic age group is the 18- to 24-year-old set, 72 percent of which plan to shower their sweethearts with everything from candy to jewelry this February. But it's the 25- to 34-year-olds who torch the most cash - $160 on average. Men will spend $163 on their valentines; women, just $84. Some of the most popular gifts men plan to buy are flowers (58.2 percent), candy (45.0 percent) and jewelry (26.5 percent).

Slideshow: Love by the Numbers
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
In candy land, Hershey estimates that it sells 1.5 billion of its famed chocolate Kisses every year on Valentine's Day.

As for the sparkly stuff, only 26 percent of men and 7 percent of women plan to buy jewelry on Valentine's Day this year. With the price of gold reaching dizzying heights in recent months, jewelry gifts will be "less diamonds and gold than silver and semiprecious stones," says Pam Danzinger, president of Unity Marketing, a market research firm that specializes in luxury goods.

That won't stop high-end jeweler Tiffany from crashing Cupid's party. This month, the home of the little blue box plans to promote its signature heart designs in pieces such as the diamond-and-platinum Tiffany Hearts earrings. Starting price: $2,450.

Despite the rise of edgy electronic greeting cards, the most popular Valentine's gifts are traditional paper cards. BIGresearch estimates that nearly 57 percent of both men and women plan to purchase cards this year, down from 63 percent last year. Valentine's Day is the second-biggest card-giving holiday of the year after Christmas, according to Hallmark, which offers more than 2,000 Valentine's Day cards. Total exchanged nationwide every year: 190 million.

America's 22,753 florists moved 214 million roses for Valentine's Day in 2007, up from 189 million in 2006, according to the Society of American Florists. Valentine's Day is the No. 1 holiday for florists, capturing 36 percent of all holiday fresh-cut-flower purchases and 40 percent of the dollar volume.

For all that romance, though, suitors won't necessarily get on bended knee this month. While some 2.3 million marriages take place in the U.S. each year, just 9 percent of those propositions are lobbed in February.

Contemplating the plunge? Expect to shell out an average of $4,435 for a ring. Average cost of the big ceremony: $27,852.

i found this interesting I plan to spend a lot more on my wedding though...

gave my wife a card and a kiss and called it a day. I guess 13 years in a relationship will do that.

Originally Posted by alejanz28

gave my wife a card and a kiss and called it a day. I guess 13 years in a relationship will do that.
lol word?

is the flame lost though?

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

Hey...check this out...

Friday's w/drinks $35 (that 3-course 4 12.99 combo is both the truth and the reason)
Flowers fresh from supermarket (that live just as long as the $100 imported ones) $8
Condoms (Magnums cuz I have 2 say that, this is NT
laugh.gif
) $5.99
Trees: $10
Dutches: $2

Havin a happy V-day without bein broke 4 the next week: priceless...

Who gets two blunts with a 10 sack?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All she wants tonight is to go to the mexican spot by my house, get a huge Margarita, come home, ima make her dinner, then she has 3 discs of The Wire from her Netflix.

me > you

My girl likes the simpsons, and ice cream. But she doesn't like drinking.

lol word?

is the flame lost though?

suprisingly, no. dont get me wrong, it is definitly hard out here but we are still cool. We still kick it, we get out, go to bars, clubing and gofor walks. (at least when we can...we have twin sons so it is harder now) Pretty much, we are like friends with benefits, but we are married....if that makessense. we've known each other since we were pretty young so it hasnt been 13 straight years, it was a lot of on and off for the first 7 or 8 until we gotmarried in 03. When it comes to these stupid gift giving days, sometimes we participate and sometimes we dont. it just depends on how we feel about that day atthe time. And from what i can tell, it works for us.

Back
Top Bottom