90'S URBAN WEAR APPRECIATION THREAD

AACA ( African American College Alliance ) just successfully funded their kickstarter last night. They are officially coming back this year!!!!

These came back out around 2012/2013. I saw em at DTLR in Newport News VA visiting my parents. They had the basic logo joint, an NSU joint, and I think a Hampton U or VA Union. The quality of the sweatshirt is great, only thing is it shrunk legnthwise on me, it's basically a belly sweatshirt for me now.

At my mans (haf-a-mill whattup!) 30th bday party in 2012.

I remember those wind breakers. I always wanted one. I hope the do a limited release for the olympics this year. I'd buy one immediatly. I just miss windbreakers in general. 

Last edited:
Dipset killed urban fashion in the mid 2000s when they jumped on the Ed hardy bandwagon that was the beginning of the end I dare y'all to disagree

Last edited:
Dipset killed urban fashion in the mid 2000s when they jumped on the Ed hardy bandwagon that was the beginning of the end I dare y'all to disagree
Ehh...I would argue that Kanye killed urban fashion in the mid-2000's when he started wearing luxury brands and everyone jumped on that bandwagon. During that time Rocawear, Sean John, and Girbaud were pretty big here in the south. But once the likes of Kanye and jay z adopted the high priced brands the urban market started to massively decline. 

BOTH Dipset and Kanye moved the style in another direction. Either way it was time because you had that baggy jeans look since the early 90s. Music and style needed to evolve, don't be surprised if this happens again in less than 5 years.

AACA ( African American College Alliance ) just successfully funded their kickstarter last night. They are officially coming back this year!!!!

Looks likes Chris Latimer is not responding to the backers on when they will be getting the AACA merchandise. Money was successfully raised and he went ghost on everybody...smh. 

:lol:

da jersey era killed urban brands

Dipset (Juelz Santana) aint rock ed hardy till way after 2006, by da time that happened Urban Brands was already pushing daiseie since at least 2002-03 (notable outliers were State property jackets and Sean Jean clinging on to dear life)

Last edited:
Ehh...I would argue that Kanye killed urban fashion in the mid-2000's when he started wearing luxury brands and everyone jumped on that bandwagon. During that time Rocawear, Sean John, and Girbaud were pretty big here in the south. But once the likes of Kanye and jay z adopted the high priced brands the urban market started to massively decline. 

BOTH Dipset and Kanye moved the style in another direction. Either way it was time because you had that baggy jeans look since the early 90s. Music and style needed to evolve, don't be surprised if this happens again in less than 5 years.

Pharrell as well. Trucker hats + skate gear. Cats seem to somehow forget how massive he was at the time.

Kanye was still doing LRG in the early to mid 2000's wasn't he?

Jay dropped "Change Clothes" in 2003. Cats were jumping on that "button up" ****.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom