'97 OG Nike Foamposite One or OG Air Jordan xii??

Without further explanation, that was a good year for Nike basketball in general. My question is, out of these two particular shoes, which one do you all think held up longer? I'm asking this because both shoes have great reputations for being built like tanks. Sorry if this topic was posted before.

^^^^^yep....og foam 1s are also different than any foam after if u look closely.

Both can have their problems

XII's soles can yellow, grey plastic jumpan tab can become brittle. Of course it's a lot of white, so that shows dirt.
Foams of course get the yellowed sole, the sole and carbon fiber can separate as the glue loses adhesiveness, and the paint can flake off.

OG foampostes aren't as indestructible as some think. You don't defeat father time, you can only delay it. It's just that some kicks are better than others.

I just got another pair of OG playoffs two months ago, and they look better than a lot dudes playoffs who just got them a month ago, besides the obvious leather and shape differences. Oddly enough, I don't know if it's because of the continued declining JB quality, but I used to think they were the most uncomfortable Jordans, but times changed and they don't feel bad at all to me anymore.

im gonna go against da grain and say da XII's...when you walk in OG 97 foams, da paint scuffs off like its been freshly applied...

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Both can have their problems

XII's soles can yellow, grey plastic jumpan tab can become brittle. Of course it's a lot of white, so that shows dirt.
Foams of course get the yellowed sole, the sole and carbon fiber can separate as the glue loses adhesiveness, and the paint can flake off.

OG foampostes aren't as indestructible as some think. You don't defeat father time, you can only delay it. It's just that some kicks are better than others.

I just got another pair of OG playoffs two months ago, and they look better than a lot dudes playoffs who just got them a month ago, besides the obvious leather and shape differences. Oddly enough, I don't know if it's because of the continued declining JB quality, but I used to think they were the most uncomfortable Jordans, but times changed and they don't feel bad at all to me anymore.
^ this.

though i had the OG white/red xii and the outsoles did not yellow
tongue.gif
but had the xii on release and wore them for a good 7-8 years and then another 5-6 seasons on top as lawn mowing shoes! understandably there were tears, loose glue and worn out outsoles, but still wearable as mower shoes for another 1-2 seasons but i found new mowing shoes, so i threw them away.
eek.gif

but if u were talking about wearing for outdoors, walking, some quick balling/ every day shoes i would go with XIIs for their long lasting outsoles. cause foam's outsoles have a little disadvantage for outdoor wear (gum sole i think?)

Back
Top Bottom