9th Annual ACC (7)/Big Ten (2) Challenge Post

That time of year again, when the ACC shows the Big Ten what's up for the ninth year in a row. Here are the matchups with the rankings from the AP poll onNovember 26.

2007 Big Ten/ACC Challenge Schedule
(All Times EST)

Monday, Nov. 26
Wake Forest 56 Iowa 47

Tuesday, Nov. 27
Georgia Tech 79 (15) Indiana 83
Northwestern 52 Virginia 94
Minnesota 61 Florida State 75
(20) Wisconsin 58 (7) Duke 82
Purdue 58 (18) Clemson 61

Wednesday, Nov. 28
(24) N.C. State 58 (10) Michigan State 81
Boston College 77 Michigan 64
Illinois 61 Maryland 69
9:00 p.m. (1) North Carolina at Ohio State ESPN
9:30 p.m. Virginia Tech at Penn State ESPN2

Not in challenge: Miami

big 10 might win more games this year, looks like they mismatched teams to maybe give them a better chance

like why did they give Ohio State to UNC and not MSU

Yawn...

I'm just glad I get to watch Clemson on ESPN.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hodog16

That time of year again, when the ACC shows the Big Ten what's up for the ninth year in a row. Here are the matchups with the rankings from the AP poll on November 19.

2007 Big Ten/ACC Challenge Schedule
(All Times EST)

Monday, Nov. 26
7:00 p.m. Wake Forest at Iowa ESPN2

Tuesday, Nov. 27
7:00 p.m. Georgia Tech at (
glasses.gif
Indiana ESPN
7:00 p.m. Northwestern at (23) Virginia ESPNU
7:30 p.m. Minnesota at Florida State ESPN2
9:00 p.m. Wisconsin at (13) Duke ESPN
9:30 p.m. Purdue at (24) Clemson ESPN2
Wednesday, Nov. 28
7:00 p.m. N.C. State at (10) Michigan State ESPN
7:00 p.m. Boston College at Michigan ESPNU
7:30 p.m. Illinois at Maryland ESPN2
9:00 p.m. (1) North Carolina at Ohio State ESPN
9:30 p.m. Virginia Tech at Penn State ESPN2

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Not in challenge: Miami[/color]

Por que no?

^Miami was predicted to finish last in the ACC, so they figured they wouldnt bother including them

obviously its too late to change that

i hate all of you...

but seriously they need to change it to Big East/ACC Challenge

Some games are mismatched also because of attrition. Georgia Tech was going to be good this year until they lost two to the draft (Young and Crittenton). Someother games are probably for storyline, like the rematch of Ohio State and North Carolina.

As for Miami, I guess usually they leave out the last place team? I think Wake Forest was left out last year due to their poor performance the year before.These matchups were originally announced in April so it wasn't due to anything recently.

-WF
-Indiana
-UVA
-Minnesota
-Duke
-Clemson
-Nc St.
-BC
-Illinois
-UNC
-VA Tech

I got 3 games going to the Little10.....(most I could possibly see is 4, as little as 1 win)

I hate this challenge. Year in and year out we get the bottom of the barrel of the Big10. Why should we play NW when we finished tied for first in the regularseason last year? I'm !%+#*++ tired of playing NW.

Because although UVA has had a little success lately, it's still UVA. UNC, Duke, Maryland, BC, NC St. are teams who are gonna be put against thebetter/more popular L10 teams(Ohio st., Consin, Mich St., etc.)

James Mays is out for Clemson, probably 3-6 weeks too. Although he has little to no touch around the basket, he's the heart and soul of our team. I'mnot being a pessimist, but I wouldn't necessarily chalk our game against Purdue up as a W. Should be interesting...

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Hodog, you still in Gvegas?

Yup, still here. I'll be moving to Indianapolis next June though. Gotta get gameplan or something next year to keep watching the ACC in Big Ten country.

Back
Top Bottom