__why is it when you win the world series, super bowl, nba finals,......

why is it when you win the world series, super bowl, nba finals, stanley cup finals and what not, you're regarded as world champions?

when you win the ncaa tournament, you're only regarded as national champions?

since when was winning something for north america considered the world?

im lost, can someone enlightnen me?

sorry, it was edited

Originally Posted by mjbetch

why is it when you win the world series, super bowl, nba finals, stanley cup finals and what not, you're regarded as national champions?

what?

Originally Posted by hymen man

because we are the world, son

mmk, michael jackson
wink.gif

Originally Posted by mjbetch

why is it when you win the world series, super bowl, nba finals, stanley cup finals and what not, you're regarded as national champions?

Im lost with your post, you mean when a professional team wins, they're considered world champions?
Probably because any USA team would #!*# on any other team in the world, with one exception, Soccer...

why is it you're the WWE World Champion when you only wrestles in the United States with the occasional Iraq match once a year?

because in all those sports, people from all over the world play in them and basically the best athletes from the world play so thats why they call it worldchampions

because the best players from all over the world play in the NBA and MLB. I can't say the same for any of the other sports because MLS clearly doesn'thave the best soccer players from all over the world and the same for collegiate sports especially in basketball.

I have no problem with our basketball, baseball, and football leagues saying world champions. Idk about the nhl and where we stand in hockey, so i can'tmake a judgment on that.

For other professional sports i'd have a problem with it if the champs were crowned as world champions.

because no one can compete with us.. like basketball .. the only reason why we dont win the olympics everytime is because the top players dont play..

well baseball can't say world champions...Look how !##$$% we did in the world baseball classic. A lof of players on foreign teams didn't ever play inthe MLB.

Patrice O'Neal talked about this
69d35c6be00e5fc4932f9fefb06bc341133e760.gif
in his Comedy Central Presents from like 5 yrs ago

Because generally the worlds best players play in our leagues.

Football is easy, we're the only country that plays it.
Basketball, our players who aren't fit to play in the NBA go overseas, so....
Hockey has a large foreign contingent
Baseball for the most part all of the best players play here.

I know, it doesn't make any sense at all. No champion should be considered the world champ unless their is some sort of world cup or olympic type systemset up and they win it all.

_____ same reason you put a line at the beginning of every post.
laugh.gif

all jokes aside; I have no idea.

soccer aside.............

the best players in the world come to America to play professional sports. At the collegiate level, this does not hold true.

I thought it was pretty obvious. Guys who cant make it to the nba play overseas....that should tell you something
laugh.gif

America>the world.

We the best............wait till the olympics.

Back
Top Bottom