__why is it when you win the world series, super bowl, nba finals,......

Originally Posted by mjbetch

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by Purple Face

______Because you touch yourself at night.

_________________while watching videos of ramiele malubay on youtube.

word.

laugh.gif
Indeed

why is it when you win the world series, super bowl, nba finals, stanley cup finals and what not, you're regarded as world champions?

when you win the ncaa tournament, you're only regarded as national champions?

since when was winning something for north america considered the world?

im lost, can someone enlightnen me?

sorry, it was edited
Flame on... But I've always wondered the same thing!!!! But I guess it just sounds good. I know we not Effin with Japan in baseball or Europe insoccer. So I've never understood why we just took the "World Champs" title in sports ...even when we lost in basketball in the Olympics.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Face82

why is it when you win the world series, super bowl, nba finals, stanley cup finals and what not, you're regarded as world champions?

when you win the ncaa tournament, you're only regarded as national champions?

since when was winning something for north america considered the world?

im lost, can someone enlightnen me?

sorry, it was edited
Flame on... But I've always wondered the same thing!!!! But I guess it just sounds good. I know we not Effin with Japan in baseball or Europe in soccer. So I've never understood why we just took the "World Champs" title in sports ...even when we lost in basketball in the Olympics.
smh.gif

The Red Sox would have crushed the best Japanese team. The MLB has been taking Japan's best players for years. Only reason we're not the best atsoccer is that nobody cares.

the confusion comes from the fact that the leagues here are called:

NATIONAL Basketball Association
NATIONAL Hockey League
NATIONAL Football league

if the leagues are NATIONAL, why is their championship called a World Championship?

as mentioned, the NATIONAL Collegiate Athletic Association's champions are correctly called NATIONAL Champions.

Probably because any USA team would #!*# on any other team in the world, with one exception, Soccer...

Maybe they could - but they didn't - so being crowned 'world champion' for playing in your own league tournament doesn't give you the right tosay you're the world champion.

because those pro leagues are considered the premier leagues for their respective sports.

In college hoops the number of international players allowed to participate is limited to 1 or 2 per team.

therefore 95% of the players in participating are american.

Why dont players come to America to play soccer like they do for basketball?

Why don't they make the US soocer country?

Originally Posted by Goodfellaz86

Why dont players come to America to play soccer like they do for basketball?

Why don't they make the US soocer country?

Not many Americans like soccer. Have you seen the crowds at international games compare to the MLS?

Back
Top Bottom