*_Anyone ever attended a Rock the Bells show?_*

Now that I was able to get the day off, I'm planning on heading to Rock the Bells in NY next month.

For those who have gone in the past, how long is the show? And do the main events usually perform towards the beginning or the end of the show? Cause unfortunately, I won't be able to stay overnight so I'll be heading out that same night. Thanks in advance.

Now that I was able to get the day off, I'm planning on heading to Rock the Bells in NY next month.

For those who have gone in the past, how long is the show? And do the main events usually perform towards the beginning or the end of the show? Cause unfortunately, I won't be able to stay overnight so I'll be heading out that same night. Thanks in advance.

Anyone ever attended a Rock the Bells show? Yes. Thousands.
How long is the show? IN California 12-11 (I assume roughly the same everywhere else)
Do the main events usually perform towards the beginning or the end of the show? The end

Anyone ever attended a Rock the Bells show? Yes. Thousands.
How long is the show? IN California 12-11 (I assume roughly the same everywhere else)
Do the main events usually perform towards the beginning or the end of the show? The end

I went to last years in NY... Its worth it to spend most of the day there.

Spoiler [+]
fner81.jpg

"Special Guest" = Wu-Tang

I went to last years in NY... Its worth it to spend most of the day there.

Spoiler [+]
fner81.jpg

"Special Guest" = Wu-Tang

there's 2 stages going at the same time for pretty much the entire day (main stage and side stage)
Expect acts like Wiz Khalifa, MURS, etc to be on the side stage, so u wont be able to see every performer on the bill
You wont know what times artists are going on until a week before the show, when GU posts it on their site

there's 2 stages going at the same time for pretty much the entire day (main stage and side stage)
Expect acts like Wiz Khalifa, MURS, etc to be on the side stage, so u wont be able to see every performer on the bill
You wont know what times artists are going on until a week before the show, when GU posts it on their site

I go every year in LA
the names at the top of their lineup card will go last
The event usually goes from like 12-midnight

I know you said you gotta leave that night but I would highly advise staying till the end. The last performers are what makes the event amazing...

I go every year in LA
the names at the top of their lineup card will go last
The event usually goes from like 12-midnight

I know you said you gotta leave that night but I would highly advise staying till the end. The last performers are what makes the event amazing...

cant wait for the one in D.C. this year. going to be my first one. a lot of great names coming up.

cant wait for the one in D.C. this year. going to be my first one. a lot of great names coming up.

Went to last years show here in L.A. great show, special guest was Slick Rick.

Nas, Ice Cube and Big Boi put on a great show.

Might go this year, lineup isnt great but well see.

Went to last years show here in L.A. great show, special guest was Slick Rick.

Nas, Ice Cube and Big Boi put on a great show.

Might go this year, lineup isnt great but well see.

Yeah, the line up is insane.

Rakim, Wu, Slick Rick, Snoop Dogg, Clipse, Tribe, Lauryn Hill, etc.

Snoop performing Doggystyle? $%+@ is unreal to me. Especially with the special guest. That album is top 5 for me. I'll def stay till the end though. 12am isn't bad at all. I remember leaving NY at 3:30am from a Black Star show a year ago.

Thanks for all the response so far. Kind of sucks that there are 2 stages. I'm hoping Clipse doesn't perform at the same time as Wu or something. I NEED to see them again. Its been like 2 years
laugh.gif
. Concert should be incredible though, I still can't believe all these artist in one night.

Would you recommend I get there early to get good view? Or are people constantly moving around? Come to think about it, that's a long @%%$#$$ time to be at a show
laugh.gif
. I'm pretty sure the food pricing is through the roof.

Yeah, the line up is insane.

Rakim, Wu, Slick Rick, Snoop Dogg, Clipse, Tribe, Lauryn Hill, etc.

Snoop performing Doggystyle? $%+@ is unreal to me. Especially with the special guest. That album is top 5 for me. I'll def stay till the end though. 12am isn't bad at all. I remember leaving NY at 3:30am from a Black Star show a year ago.

Thanks for all the response so far. Kind of sucks that there are 2 stages. I'm hoping Clipse doesn't perform at the same time as Wu or something. I NEED to see them again. Its been like 2 years
laugh.gif
. Concert should be incredible though, I still can't believe all these artist in one night.

Would you recommend I get there early to get good view? Or are people constantly moving around? Come to think about it, that's a long @%%$#$$ time to be at a show
laugh.gif
. I'm pretty sure the food pricing is through the roof.

Food pricing is
sick.gif

The very 1st RTB was GA and that was a madhouse you had to get there early. Then they changed it to sections so that didnt matter. I get there at 4 and be good. But now its back to GA so if you want to be really close for Wu & Snoop then do it. If you cool smoking in the back on the grass then you good.

(I'm just speaking on Socal not 100% on NY)

Food pricing is
sick.gif

The very 1st RTB was GA and that was a madhouse you had to get there early. Then they changed it to sections so that didnt matter. I get there at 4 and be good. But now its back to GA so if you want to be really close for Wu & Snoop then do it. If you cool smoking in the back on the grass then you good.

(I'm just speaking on Socal not 100% on NY)

ill be there...makin the trip from orlando. I too am interested in how long it runs, because i wanna hit up the cosmo kramer Seinfeld tour before i go to RTB

ill be there...makin the trip from orlando. I too am interested in how long it runs, because i wanna hit up the cosmo kramer Seinfeld tour before i go to RTB

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

i ain't tryin to be stuck standing in one place for 12 hrs so i may ball out on the vip package... still pondering

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

i ain't tryin to be stuck standing in one place for 12 hrs so i may ball out on the vip package... still pondering

for the CA (San Bernadino), how hard is it to bring herbs in with you?? from what ive heard, its pretty pot-friendly but as far as entering the concert, how is security when checkin in? ie: barely tap you down, thorough search, etc..

Back
Top Bottom