A Diamond is Forever...or is it?... DeBeers got ya'll again!

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Sillyputty a smart dude man, he should be getting mad buns.
Nah. The minute the girl says "oh god" or anything similar he probably stops mid stroke and starts debating...

good looks on this silly
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by the coolness

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Sillyputty a smart dude man, he should be getting mad buns.
Nah. The minute the girl says "oh god" or anything similar he probably stops mid stroke and starts debating...
I swear I thought the same exact thing when I read that
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Another product of product brainwashing. I see past the glamor and glitz of accessorizing, especially with gold, diamonds, platinum, etc...the ignorant people wearing them have no idea the $#@@ people go through to get it, or the 60000% mark up they are paying for it..

The first topic me and Silly see eye to eye on
laugh.gif

I dont wear jewelry because I don't see its value. It is a luxury item that serves no purpose other then to look good. At least even the most absurdly priced purse serves a practical purpose.

And I especially hate how the media has molded the notion that the best way to show a woman you love her is by buying jewels.

welp we do have a large jewelry thread
laugh.gif

need some of those heads to chime in in this thread...

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

I've always wonder who was the individal that decided gold, silver, plat, diamond, etc is more valuble then copper or bolders? It has to be more then rarity, we rarely utilize its any of its functional features so idk. It's amazing how even one follows without questioning anything.

Welp, my job is done here.
I mean Gold itself is pretty valuable besides it being a shiny thing we can show off. It doesn't rush or tarnish and its a great conductor...but we only learned the latter with the inventions relating to electricity...so thats relatively new. 

But what you're asking is essentially what money is...and our money is valued...because other people value it. Thats it. If the system falls apart then it loses its value. 

We give things their meaning...so essentially, we're all existentialists...most of us just don't realize it. This is another story though...

Can we get this story?
nerd.gif

Feed us more! *holds pan out*

Originally Posted by solegit08til

I've always wonder who was the individal that decided gold, silver, plat, diamond, etc is more valuble then copper or bolders? It has to be more then rarity, we rarely utilize its any of its functional features so idk. It's amazing how even one follows without questioning anything.

I mean Gold itself is pretty valuable besides it being a shiny thing we can show off. It doesn't rush or tarnish and its a great conductor...but we only learned the latter with the inventions relating to electricity...so thats relatively new. 

But what you're asking is essentially what money is...and our money is valued...because other people value it. Thats it. If the system falls apart then it loses its value. 

We give things their meaning...so essentially, we're all existentialists...most of us just don't realize it. This is another story though...

Can we get this story?
nerd.gif

this

Originally Posted by solegit08til

Can we get this story?
nerd.gif

think about what your asking for, b 

Props to sillyputty for dropping the knowledge, this was very interesting. 
It's funny because they have man-made diamonds, but most people don't want those simply because they're man-made. Looks the same and everything, and jewelers can't tell the difference unless they use some machine.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

laugh.gif

I dont wear jewelry because I don't see its value. It is a luxury item that serves no purpose other then to look good. .

So "looks good" isn't a purpose? Why don't you stop following sports? What tangible value does that hold? What is the purpose? Oh it's fun? So is wearing diamonds to some people. Crazy, I know.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

laugh.gif

I dont wear jewelry because I don't see its value. It is a luxury item that serves no purpose other then to look good. .

So "looks good" isn't a purpose? Why don't you stop following sports? What tangible value does that hold? What is the purpose? Oh it's fun? So is wearing diamonds to some people. Crazy, I know.
he said thats the only purpose... i totally agree with this... i want my girl to have whatever she wants for her ring, but imma coppin man made... some of them even look BETTER than naturally occurring diamonds... plus the colored ones look super chunky... lolol 

Nah, I just don't get the criticism of the object itself. Criticism towards certain production methods and other things mentioned in here? I get that. But diamonds themselves? They look nice. That's it.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom