A Dominican Teenage Girl "Comes Out As 'Black'"

Different Latin countries have different roots, Latin America is HUGE, some have roots in Asia, some Europe and some Africa...DR is definitely one of those countries with deep African roots, for some reason they are raised to be ashamed to identify themselves as being black...I've witnessed first hand toooo many times a light skinned Dominican talk down on dark skin Dominicans wether it be a joke or in seriousness, you go to DR and you'll notice the hierarchy based on skin complexions, is really bizarre...I mean you have Hatians who migrate over to DR and are almost treated as modern day house slaves.

Interesting read. One thing I always wondered is why black people care so much as to what Dominican and other races claim? I don't know the race of op, but I've seen documentaries and multiple post here about this issue, alot of time vested into it. Just my observation.

Interesting read. One thing I always wondered is why black people care so much as to what Dominican and other races claim? I don't know the race of op, but I've seen documentaries and multiple post here about this issue, alot of time vested into it. Just my observation.

We don't care about them at all to be completely honest.

Last edited:
Im a proud dominican even though my desecendants are spaniards. I know the that our culture is heavily derived from African culture, whether my fellow Dominicans would believe it or not, and the funny things it's so clear to see from our food, to our dance to our musical instruments to even our people.

Some argue that the Spanish Caribbean countries have no culture becuase of how much has been erased through colonialism and how our current culture has so many influences from our former oppressors. It's complicated.

We don't care about them at all to be completely honest.

Based on threads going off for 40+ pages of redundant arguments with ninjahood in the past, I say ya do care very much...I mean a whole entire forum would go on and on and on with 1 individual trying to convince him of his African roots...lol

why does anyone care what a teenager has to say? i thought i was a gangster in highschool, then a nerd, then a baseball player, had friends who were soccer players, then musicians, then dropouts

this kid will change her mind more than the light reflecting off a disco ball

shut up and help with the rent, what i'll say to her, black/white/purple, there's only one color that pays bills

Last edited:
Based on threads going off for 40+ pages of redundant arguments with ninjahood in the past, I say ya do care very much...I mean a whole entire forum would go on and on and on with 1 individual trying to convince him of his African roots...lol

Stop. Any argument involving ninjahood went long.

Plus he denigrated black people while j pushing up Dominicans. Many people were just standing up for themselves.

Add to the fact that much of the freedoms and civil rights people enjoy are from the hard work as brave Black's (there were other races there, but many civil rights leaders were black) and it's a somewhat slap in the face...

I have never met a black person that truly cared. . and I know a lot of black people.

I asked for one revolutionary Dominican that was a pillar for civil rights and I still haven't received an answer.

Not saying there aren't any...

Different Latin countries have different roots, Latin America is HUGE, some have roots in Asia, some Europe and some Africa...DR is definitely one of those countries with deep African roots, for some reason they are raised to be ashamed to identify themselves as being black...I've witnessed first hand toooo many times a light skinned Dominican talk down on dark skin Dominicans wether it be a joke or in seriousness, you go to DR and you'll notice the hierarchy based on skin complexions, is really bizarre...I mean you have Hatians who migrate over to DR and are almost treated as modern day house slaves.
what's funny is this happens with any civilization colonized by Europeans...

Coincidence? Nope.

Most of your observations are pretty silly tbh

my friend's wife likes to point out that she is mixed with black and dominican...

Last edited:
LMAO
laugh.gif

Sooooo....there isn't a map that shows all the regions the slave trade went through?

Back
Top Bottom