A Gentlemen's Point Guard Discussion.

Deron Williams>all yes even Jason Kidd.

Quote:
Williams played well in the playoffs last year, but he hasn't faced the pressure that the others have. It'll come though, but he and Paul just haven't had the big stage yet.

Deron Williams has been just as far in playoffs and played well just in them as Steve Nash has.

At a younger age than Nash too.....
The Only Sensible Way To Live In This World Is Without Rules....​
/.::.\STARSCREAM/.::.\
"Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies."
And Tonight You're Going To Break Your One Rule.​

i personally dont see why nash gets so much hype. he's a product of the system he plays in. could he play the way he does in a slow, grind it out offense. completely overrated imo
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Pollard,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

1. Nash
2. CP3
3. B Diddy
4. Kidd
5. Deron
6. Marbury
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

"Deron Williams has been", he has been in the playoffs ONCE. Now people are ready top put him ahead of people who are already battle tested. Let him get there again, as Nash AND Kidd has, then win, then talk.

Right now, it could be a fluke.
BASKETBALL IS A BROTHERHOOD

"but alot of the things Kobe does I would never have done."

MJ in GQ

Baron is stronger than any other PG out there just to throw that out.
TEAM XBOX360​
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.​
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
That wasn't very smart. In fact, that came off quite dumb.

The NBA isn't a straight up and defend league. You are put into traps and defensive situations, that will leave a point man defending a small forward after a pick, or even a back door cut. They play lanes as well, but when Billups gets caught in those situations, he does far better than Nash.
Clutch.ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

No "backtracking", you simply cannot comprehend.

Am I surprised? NO!

MJ in GQ

I would personally pick D-Will, because he has sky-high potential. The strength and body is there, and although the jump shot is decent, can be improved slightly.

I believe that if he sheds a few pounds, he can increase his speed by a long-mile. Then again, he's only been to the playoffs once, but what amazes me is that he was a sophomore.

IMO, I'd pick D-will, Nash, Baron(when healthy), Paul, then Kidd.

If you would put Kidd on a team without any offensive weapons, he would not be effective at all, whereas a guy like Davis and D-Will can take over a game with their scoring any given situation.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Chris Paul is better than Williams offensively. I predict he has the better career. Right now Williams has far superior teammates which makes it closer. But if you look at their stats, Paul is better. Plus he's a year younger.
"i will slap someone if i ever see anyone wear them and try to stunt wit them" -masterani3

Quote:
pretty thoughtful notion you came up with there.
:rofl:
roll.gif
TEAM UTAH JAZZ
Price is Right
Almond - Boozer - Brewer - Collins - Fesenko - Giricek - Harpring - Hart - Kirilenko - Miles - Millsap - Okur - Price - Williams

]quote]1. Nash
2. CP3
3. B Diddy
4. Kidd
5. Deron
6. Marbury [/quote]

Neh, Baron better than Kidd AND Deron?

My top 5.

1. Nash
2. CP3
3. Kidd
4. Deron
5. Chauncey

Now, Deron and CP3 can only go up, maybe Baron as well, but Kidd and Nash will only decline, I had a hard time thinking about this, but Chris Paul is so damn good, there's no denying it. Deron is good, and he could easily be 2nd or 3rd, but I just put experience > youth (******ed logic because I put Paul second, I know) :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
Deron hasn't faced any pressure? Try following in the footsteps of one of the greatest Point Guards ever. Playing in the same stadium that Stockton built would be easy for anyone to do right? I'm not saying he's the best, but I'm sure glad he's on our team. People thought the Jazz were crazy for passing on Paul, but Deron fits the system here much better than Chris. No disrespect to Paul, because he is an amazing point as well.

:lol:
laugh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Proving the doubters wrong
Ager, Barea, Bass, Dampier, Diop, Fazekas, George, Hassell, Harris, Howard, Howard, Jones, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

Kidd
Nash
Deron
Billups
CP3
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"We're workin on the second hand"

My top 6

1. Kidd
2. Nash
3. Billups
4. CP3
5. Baron
6. Deron

No doubt tho that Deron Williams and Chris Paul will both become the Kidd/Nash of the NBA today. I see Deron being more like Kidd, where as CP being more like Nash. Sure, it wont be exactly the same, but its going to be the comparison a few years after Nash and Kidd leave the game.
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.​
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

I need to know what the hell CP3 does better than Deron other than grab a few rebounds more,

:DALLAS MAVERICKS:
>TLN PRODUCTIONS<
"It's wrap for yall now"

Better passer, better ballhandler, commits fewer turnovers, faster...
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

better lineup

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Jason Kidd got ripped of the MVP and I'm a Laker fan. Chris Paul is good and we all know the Canadian but.....Jason Kidd.

COOK # 45
get fit.

I guess people are also forgetting who was THE Point Man on Team USA. If Deron was supposedly better at the position than Kidd, it would have come out during the practices, and then Deron would have been starting ahead of both Kidd AND Billups.

But we all know who that went to...

MJ in GQ

Quote:
Deron Williams>all yes even Jason Kidd.
:wow:
eek.gif

cot dam do people really get caught up in the moment. Deron Williams can't hold a candle to Jason Kidd. I'm sorry, but that assumption/opinion you have is WAY off base. I am not slighting D.Will, cause he is the best PG in the NBA under 25. I'd take him over CP3 in a heartbeat, but the fact that Jason Kidd averaged close to a triple double last year, and is on the same pace this year at the age of 34 is remarkable. He is the consumate PG, and the best that the NBA has seen since Magic retired.

Back
Top Bottom