A guy shooting 39% and averaging 4 TO's per game is blaming everyone else...guess who it is...

Nice...blaming EVERYONE but yourself...

Link

*I hope this $%+# gets blown up...
Gilbert Arenas said players on the team had "hidden agendas," noting that eight players on the team are free agents following the season.

"I guess when you start losing everyone wants to start pointing fingers everywhere else," Arenas said. "I converted my game to try to get people involved, but at the end of the day, to be honest, this is the same team since three years ago. We added a couple of pieces, but everybody else is basically the same player.

"I'm sitting here thinking 'Do I have to go in attack mode like I was two years ago to get us over this hump?' I hope not. I hope we're strong enough mentally that we can get over this."

why is gilbert even talking, its not like hes done anything worthwhile in a long time. he needs to shut up and start earning his pay

Man, Gilbert's had a rough go as of late with his fiance cheating on him with Shaq...he probably feels like he can't trust anyone.

This is beyond basketball.

He's right though. This IS the same team as 3 years ago.

That core of Caron/Jamison/Arenas needs to be broken up.

Does he really think he's THAT good of a player to just turn things around if he starts gunning it? He not elite, he doesn't make his teammates better,he can't put a team on his shoulders and he can't win games on his own. This entire roster is made up of complimentary players, no stars/studs.
laugh.gif
I've lost all respect for this chump, he needs to shut the hell up and let Antawn do the talking, he's the true leader of the team.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

He's right though. This IS the same team as 3 years ago.

That core of Caron/Jamison/Arenas needs to be broken up.
I don't care about him saying he needs to go in attack mode or whatever...what I take issue with is him calling out the potential FA's onthe roster and saying that there are "hidden agendas." To me, that's dirty laundry that needs to say in the privacy of the team. He's notone that should be spouting off at the mouth. He's fortunate that the Wizards were stupid enough to give his gimpy !*+ a 111 mil contract. Like NateRobinson, Gil is a loser. He's a guy that will NOT win. Talk is cheap, and unfortunately, we're stuck with this guy for the next couple of seasons. His mentality fits in perfectly with the mediocre culture that surrounds DC basketball...

what happen to the new arenas?

and i said in the offseason this team wasn't going to do %%*!

Team look like they have given up already. Gilbert is kinda right about the bench not playing with heart. And why the hell is this 6'9 Antawn Jamison keeppoping 3s rather than take his sorry %@% inside for some layup or dunks. Caron is not playing well neither

"I converted my game to try to get people involved"

Now I dont watch many Wizards games but according to his stats it looks like he is averaging the same amount of assists while shooting only 1 lessfield goal than he did in 06-07. He's just scoring less because the 3 pt attempts are down and he isn't getting to the FT line as much.

Although I do think he needs to get into attack mode.

Originally Posted by Gabe Gotti

I think they should trade Arenas.

And who in their right mind would take that contract?

Propose me a trade scenario involving Gilbert and another team that would actually make sense for BOTH teams....

Propose me a trade scenario involving Gilbert and another team that would actually make sense for BOTH teams....
I think Butler is the easiest one to trade....Jamison is owed like 13/14 mil over the next 2 years, and Gil has that AWFUL contract....Butlermakes less than 10 mil per season, and I think he's off the books in either 2010 or 2011....either way, he's the one who IMO is the most likely to bedealt...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I think Butler is the easiest one to trade....Jamison is owed like 13/14 mil over the next 2 years, and Gil has that AWFUL contract....Butler makes less than 10 mil per season, and I think he's off the books in either 2010 or 2011....either way, he's the one who IMO is the most likely to be dealt...
Butler is also the youngest too right?

Either way, it's tough to say what this team needs. Cuz even if you trade Caron, what are you gonna bring in.... another SF to replace Tough Juice? Acenter? A 2 guard when Gil is pretty much your 2 AND your point?

And that right there is the problem I think.

Gilbert probably needs to be the 2 and you guys maybe should get a traditional point. Similar to what Philly did with Snow and AI. Miller could slide over tothe 3 if you traded Butler to say... Por for Dre Miller (+ filler).

Dre Miller
Arenas
Mike Miller
Jamison
Haywood

Not great (I think the current lineup is better than this one I proposed). But not bad either. It would at least be a start towards remodeling the franchise.

I would say try to move Mike Miller for Dre. But I don't see Por going for that.

Dre
Arenas
Caron
Jamison
Haywood

Now THAT would be a good look.

Back
Top Bottom