~A.I. and Darius Miles coming back~

A.I.

Gary Moore, Iverson's personal manager, said that Iverson is planning a return to the NBA next season. Iverson returned to the Philadelphia 76ers in December and took a leave of absence in March because of family issues.

"Allen is working out and he's getting himself prepared to make his return," Moore said by phone Friday. "He absolutely will try and play next year."

D-Miles

"My son is two years old and he's never got a chance to see me play. I
want him to get the experience of being in an arena," Miles said. "I'm
28 years old. I've got at least five or six good years left in me if my
body holds up. I just want to be part of something, part of something
that means something."  

tired.gif

*Waits for some Clipper fan to gush over some short-time memories and post that magazine cover.*

just stop. darius miles' pyschosis has taken it's toll on himself. bank account prob on empty too.

If you're not willing to bite the bullet and head overseas until you can play yourself back in the L, you don't really want it bad enough to make it happen.

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

If you're not willing to bite the bullet and head overseas until you can play yourself back in the L, you don't really want it bad enough to make it happen.
co-sign, what's wrong with proving himself in the D-League then moving his way up?

Dude was my favorite player come out HS...Just knew he would be a start but i guess all of them can't fully fulfill their promise. Sad

More mature Miles takes another shot at NBA

By Rick Bonnell
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Tuesday, Jun. 15, 2010

Darius Miles of the Memphis Grizzlies looks on during a game against the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden. FILE PHOTO (Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images)

MORE INFORMATION
Notes: Brown says Williams' past no problem
Coach Tom Izzo rejects Cavs, sticks with Spartans
Charlotte Bobcats already coaching up their draft picks

The obvious question is why?

Why would a guy with Darius Miles' money, who's been out of basketball more than a year, who suffered a knee injury so severe it was declared career-ending, show up for a free-agent camp?

Simple, Miles said: He has a 2-year-old son who never saw him play. He'd like the kid to have that memory.

He's healthy - healthier than he's been in years - and the Charlotte Bobcats seem genuinely interested. Larry Brown has spent a decade telling 6-foot-9 combo forward Miles how much he'd like to coach him. It was like a mantra: "Darius ... How are you? ... Wanna be on my team?"

Miles doesn't pretend to be the freakish athlete that once made him the third pick of the 2000 draft. But he doesn't need all that for a team searching for affordable options at the end of the bench.

Miles said he's reinventing himself as a player. It sounds similar to what former Charlotte Hornet Larry Johnson did after his back wore out. The Johnson who finished his career as a New York Knick wasn't nearly such a physical force, but what he lost in explosion, he compensated for with refinement.

"Those injuries, they make you mature," Miles said after the first of three days in a free-agent minicamp at Time Warner Cable Arena. "They make your game mature - they make you work on other things.

"I had a God gift and never thought it would be taken away from me. I probably would have never worked on my jump shot - never ! - because I could always get to the basket and jump higher than everybody else. But it got to a point where you can't do that no more."

In 2006, he had micro-fracture surgery to repair his right knee. The Portland Trail Blazers had that injury declared "career-ending" to protect the franchise under the league's insurance and salary cap-management provisions.

Miles was supposed to play along, not a bad deal since he'd continue to collect about $9million a season. Except he wasn't comfortable giving up the sport.

So he rehabbed and trained, and the Memphis Grizzlies played him 34 games two seasons ago.

He sat out the 2009-10 season, after a misdemeanor marijuana-possession charge in Memphis.

This isn't the first time Brown has taken on a veteran with a past (see Allen Iverson, Rasheed Wallace and Stephen Jackson), so he's happy to explore what Miles has left.

"He's in pretty good shape, he's still relatively young and he has a real chance," Brown said. "Been 10 years I tried to get him in a gym. Finally did it."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobser...other.html#ixzz0rCjjy1E9

Originally Posted by RoOk

Hey, Johnathan Bender made his way back...Miles could Def. do it
QFT! I actually thought D.Miles was gonna make his way back before Bender.

Let's do this D.Miles!
bambam-7524092.jpg

he played well in memphis in 08-09...i think he'd have been on a team this yr if he didnt get arrested for weed last summer...

too bad he got hurt right when he was starting to live up to his potential..

i'll never forget this game vs melo when he had 47...dude's athleticism was
pimp.gif

Im pulling for him... I've always enjoyed watching him play.

Thing is, He's struggled with comebacks to get back in the NBA. I think he should start overseas or the D league, something to that extent 1st & then make his way back to the NBA.

Comeback D!

Used to be my favorite player back in the early 2000's.

Anybody remember when the D.Miles/Clippers jerseys used to be the dopest jersey!? I swear everybody wanted one..

Back
Top Bottom