A Little Look Inside the Nike Campus and AW77.

The best, safest and hassle-free way possible is to know someone who works at WHQ that can show you around. Unfortunately, there aren't too manythat are willing because everyone's just so busy with meetings. Otherwise, you will be looked at by the employees(funny how we all look at each other'sfeet first before looking them in the face and greeting them) and eventually stopped by security. If you don't show them the black badge you'll beasked to leave. We've caught "snooping" employees from the "other brand" trying to sneak around.

The secured office that he went into is in the MH Building. The NSRL is to the left, and the "new" INNOVATION KITCHEN is to the right.

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

The best, safest and hassle-free way possible is to know someone who works at WHQ that can show you around. Unfortunately, there aren't too many that are willing because everyone's just so busy with meetings. Otherwise, you will be looked at by the employees(funny how we look at your feet first) and eventually stopped by security. If you don't show them the black badge you'll be asked to leave. We've caught "snooping" employees from the "other brand" trying to sneak around.
Would they be willing for the right price.
devil.gif
And Im being serious.
happy.gif

The best, safest and hassle-free way possible is to know someone who works at WHQ that can show you around. Unfortunately, there aren't too many that are willing because everyone's just so busy with meetings. Otherwise, you will be looked at by the employees(funny how we look at your feet first) and eventually stopped by security. If you don't show them the black badge you'll be asked to leave. We've caught "snooping" employees from the "other brand" trying to sneak around.

The secured office that he went into is in the MH Building. The NSRL is to the left, and the "new" INNOVATION KITCHEN is to the right.
laugh.gif
at catching the other brand employees...lame.

So your saying any Black Badge employee can be on campus grounds? Even if they dont work at the campus? Lets say, if the black badge employee just wants tovisit the buildings that are accessible to the public and just take a stroll through there, is that allowed?

Im just curious because i would love the chance of going back now that im older, and would actually appreciate the visit and opportunity.

We use to hold tours, but ever since 9/11 that "privilege" changed.
Not exactly true... Nike still gives many hundreds of tours each year, through the Guest Services department, which is part of the larger DNA(Department of Nike Archives). There are approximately 50 regular Nike employees who volunteer their own time to learn all about the company's history,campus facts, etc. and give the occasional tour to various people/organizations. I should know, because I am one, and have been for seven years.

What you're probably confused on: yes, years ago, Nike's Guest Services department (really only one person, at the time) used to give campus tours tobasically anyone that showed up and asked for one. As you'd expect, this got pretty overwhelming, and the policy was revised so that Nike politelydiscontinued the wide-open, public tours, but continued to provide them for business-related purposes. And even those alone are frequent enough that the ~50volunteers are needed. (Nothing to do with 9/11 whatsoever.)

The questions you're probably thinking: 1) what are "business-related purposes", and 2) can I somehow weasel my way in?
1) This can be lots of different things: athletes, VIPs, media, job applicants for executive positions, suppliers, customers, etc. etc. Basically, it has tobe requested by a Nike employee, and make sense as a wise use of business resources. If Joe Employee requests an official tour for his buddy's beer-leaguesoftball team, that's not likely to happen; if Phil Knight requests a tour for his mother's knitting circle, that's definitely going to happen.
2) As MoO says, if you know someone well who's on campus and willing/able to show you around, that's your best bet. There's nothing wrong with anemployee showing an invited guest around, if good judgment is shown. Taking photos of the campus is cool, taking photos of prototype shoes is not. That'swhy the Mia Hamm building is locked down, even for black-badge employees... if you don't have a reason to be there, you can't get in. And it takes anAct of God to take any tour through there, so don't hold your breath hoping for it...
ohwell.gif

Hope this is helpful...

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Originally Posted by xblker47

Im gonna be workin on that campus someday
pimp.gif
Don't forget to put in a good word for me -- I'd go in as "janitor" if I had to.
laugh.gif

BTW, how/where will AW77's be customizable?
lol for real thats like sneaker heaven

ok, so i dont know how and when...but to add to some of my hedonistic fantasies of "must do's" b4 i die (skydiving etc)......visit the nikecampus is now officially on da list!....nice vid and pics

Damn..the AW77 Half-Zip Hoodie in Black is sold out in my size already..

Originally Posted by jfeezy

We use to hold tours, but ever since 9/11 that "privilege" changed.
Not exactly true... Nike still gives many hundreds of tours each year, through the Guest Services department, which is part of the larger DNA (Department of Nike Archives). There are approximately 50 regular Nike employees who volunteer their own time to learn all about the company's history, campus facts, etc. and give the occasional tour to various people/organizations. I should know, because I am one, and have been for seven years.

What you're probably confused on: yes, years ago, Nike's Guest Services department (really only one person, at the time) used to give campus tours to basically anyone that showed up and asked for one. As you'd expect, this got pretty overwhelming, and the policy was revised so that Nike politely discontinued the wide-open, public tours, but continued to provide them for business-related purposes. And even those alone are frequent enough that the ~50 volunteers are needed. (Nothing to do with 9/11 whatsoever.)

The questions you're probably thinking: 1) what are "business-related purposes", and 2) can I somehow weasel my way in?
1) This can be lots of different things: athletes, VIPs, media, job applicants for executive positions, suppliers, customers, etc. etc. Basically, it has to be requested by a Nike employee, and make sense as a wise use of business resources. If Joe Employee requests an official tour for his buddy's beer-league softball team, that's not likely to happen; if Phil Knight requests a tour for his mother's knitting circle, that's definitely going to happen.
2) As MoO says, if you know someone well who's on campus and willing/able to show you around, that's your best bet. There's nothing wrong with an employee showing an invited guest around, if good judgment is shown. Taking photos of the campus is cool, taking photos of prototype shoes is not. That's why the Mia Hamm building is locked down, even for black-badge employees... if you don't have a reason to be there, you can't get in. And it takes an Act of God to take any tour through there, so don't hold your breath hoping for it...
ohwell.gif

Hope this is helpful...

i got an employee self-guided tour earlier this year...campus is very dope and i was able to see all bldgs. i ate at the tarheel in the
mia hamm bldg, but of course didn't get to go "in in".....i did see the current president of JB, howard white, tinker, and a table
reserved for phil knight! cool!! maestro is a lucky dude tho....he's kissed all the right behinds!

Nice pics Flintgrey, i am still trying to find a job within Nike and im 0/2, i can just look at the pics and vids as inspiration
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Originally Posted by xblker47

Im gonna be workin on that campus someday
pimp.gif
Don't forget to put in a good word for me -- I'd go in as "janitor" if I had to.
laugh.gif

BTW, how/where will AW77's be customizable?

they've been on ID for a few weeks now. go look

Back
Top Bottom