A look back on the Aqua VIII

Ive seen these listed on places for about $180 VNDS
playoffs go for mad cheap though. about $120-$150 DS or VVNDS

Didn't know that these were that easy to get in NYC. I was up in Syracuse when they released and it was hard getting them. Only one mall in the city received the Aqua's and the stores that got them sold out in a matter of hours. On the bus back to campus and my apartment, my boy called me and told me that FNL.com had them in size 12, so as soon as I stepped into the door of my apartment I ran to my laptop and ordered them.

My pair just started cracking but for having them 3.5 years with no cracking, I'm not even mad. Things don't last for ever. I put these through hell during those Syracuse winters though and they held up.

had no clue the resale value was that high right now... the paint chipping is inexcusable though on JB's part though

I'd love for another retro,hopefully without the paint chipping of the last one
30t6p3b.gif
. One of my top 7 favorite J's.

i cant wait for these to retro again. these got the most nostalgia to me, cause these were the only pair i got as a kid, when I was 10. then two months later i lost them in a house fire. if they retro again, these are a must for me.

The last Jordan shoe I purchased, and most likely will ever purchase since my interest in Jordans decreases as the years go by. These were mass produced, and imo the best colorway of the VIII's by far.

Def. one of my all time favorites.

Called them "Grails" till I got my hands on a Deadstock pair this year.

Traded my DS '10 CG XI's for DS Aquas + $40.

I ain't mad..

i literally yelled YESSSSS when i first heard the news bout them retroing on nktlk... already gone through 2 pairs of aquaz.. not sure if i should buy my 3rd pair.. my last one still got sum life left in it

A store by me in jersey still has these but for 200....... don't know what sizes are left though

I hope these get re-retroed eventually, because I couldn't get my size when they retroed in '07.  had to go up a half-size.  One of my all-time favorites, best cw of the VIIIs for sure.

Originally Posted by Mr 100

I just sold my USED pair on eBay size 9 for $285. I still have a DS pair. My pair never chipped and I wore at least 10 times.
i sold a DS pair in December for $232+shipping.  i will definitely be going in my closet today and pulling out the used pair to decide whether to sell. and the matching tee shirt.  
grin.gif

My favorite pair of Jordans...my pair is worn out as hell but I still love 'em. Gotta get another pair soon though.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

This is very random, I know. But does anyone remember how easy it was to get (mens sizes) aquas depending on where you live? I live in nyc and i couldnt find a sz 12 for retail anywhere a week after release. Then Eastbay had a backorder restock about 7 months later for $99.99 which would have been $89.99 if you used the %20 off code which worked for these. For those that weren't around, it was this thread http://niketalk.yuku.com/...backorder-updates?page=1

I just find it crazy that these are valued at so much now. They aren't going for any less than $250 in stores which is strange for a gr sneaker that isnt even 5 years old yet
Word!?!?!? Who needs a minty size 15!?!?!? lol lol  I've worn mine maybe twice if that much

Aqua's are very dope. This shoe more than some of the others really harks back to the time. This shoe looks so much like the 90's

I didn't have the funds when they first retroed. However, when I went to my country of El Salvador on vacation, they had pairs down there so I quickly went and got my pair for pretty much $140. Since then, due to how it was that I stumbled upon my pair, they do hold sentimental value to me. I love my pair through the cracking and all.

I wore mine last week....I was not a super fan just got one pair for fun because they were the 8s.  Maybe I should of picked up another pair.  Mine are clean too no chips and have worn them a few times.  I will say they are comfy as heck..that is for sure.

i got the retros from eastbay with no problem at all. i phucked em up when i started wearing em to work. one of my biggest regrets of all time, i'm gonna get me another pair and cherish those bad boys

trip part about it is when they came out back in the G i couldn't get em, moms was trippin on the tag. so i said if they ever come back out i'm gettin em and i'm only gonna rock em casually. so much for that plan. that what happens when you only have J's in your repertoire, you're gonna wind up dogging a pair that ain't 'posed to be dogged

Back
Top Bottom