A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

i dwindled my collection to like 12-15 pairs at a time so anything i keep gets worn and worn often. so while it may not be my first choice if i have to pay resell on something i really want I will cause i can justify it by how much where theyll get. im not a collector anymore so if ill want them and will wear them price doesnt mean as much to me.

Exactly the same approach I’ve taken over the past half dozen years or so…No more than 15-20 pairs for me and everything gets worn…If it’s a shoe I really want and will get regular wear in I’ll go aftermarket if need be…

It’s easy to skip out on buying a pair for extended lengths of time and balance out that markup too, especially if your not chasing every single release…I’ve gone the better part of a year without buying a new pair before…Value is subjective to the person…

It’s easy to skip out on buying a pair for extended lengths of time and balance out that markup too, especially if your not chasing every single release…I’ve gone the better part of a year without buying a new pair before…Value is subjective to the person…
I guess I’m too addicted.

I guess I’m too addicted.

The addiction is a real deal thing my man…We can all relate…

It’s not like I’m jumping at aftermarket on the regular though 😂…Just not something I’ll completely discount doing …A perfect example for me was the Chlorophyll Trainer 1 SB’s that released last year…I ended up going like $100 over retail on StockX because they never got a stateside drop…Literally had no other choice otherwise…It was totally worth it to me because it’s a pair that I’ve worn regularly since I got them…

Last edited:
thats what I did a few years back when I was buying a home. Got down to like 20 I believe and then didn’t really buy anything up until this year.

if I want it enough I’ll just pay for it within reason, and it’ll get worn

yeah ill bargain hunt but if the market isnt out of my comfort zone ill do what i have to do. Im not chasing release after release like i used to so its not like im dropping $1k a month of shoes.

I personally don't think anything is worth more than the original MSRP, but I have a strick rule that I live by and that is I don't pay resell price on anything unless it's under retail. Now with the exception that I knew I could buy something that is worth $1,500+ for $300 then flip it... then sure, but you would be stupid not to do that, but honestly I don't buy shoes with the sole intention to resell because I look down on that, but no one is selling DS Chicago's for that price so it's a moot point.

Retail or bust.
The point I was trying to make wasn't about the value of said shoes. It was that money is arbitrary & if you really want something you should find a way to get it IMO. If you don't spend X.XX amount of doll hairs on "This" pair of shoes then I guarantee it'll get spent on something that you wont even remember 18 days from now, be that food, other clothes, wasting it, etc....

If you arent going broke or taking out loans to cop the things you want in life then I don't see anything wrong with it. Of course, that does mean you gotta have some type of drive to actually get s**t done LOL but that's another story haha.

So how do you guys keep it to 15-20? Do you sell the ones you rarely wear on eBay? I find selling on eBay to be so much of a pain, even when I'm not trying to sell for any premium per se.

nothing ever worth resale.

I paid $2500 for my Nike Air Yeezy 2 Red Octobers, when they first dropped. I think it's worth it.

Edit: I see you brought up price and value. But you made a blanket statement. That's on you. As they say price is what you pay and value is what you get out of it. Also, retailers pay around 40% of the MSRP. Retailers can charge less than the MSRP if they so choose. Some retailers can charge 2-5X the MSRP. Think of the old days of Nike Dunk SBs.

Last edited:
You’re confusing worth with value. Yea they might be going for x amount of dollars, but they’re ain’t worth anymore that msrp. You can gloat about how much they’re going for (Chicago 1s), but Nike’s msrp is what they should be selling for. Not judging here, pay what you want.
Understandable. I respect that.

But from what you've said, I hope you've never paid anything above retail before because if you have, your argument is invalid.

:lol:

Understandable. I respect that.

But from what you've said, I hope you've never paid anything above retail before because if you have, your argument is invalid.

:lol:
Oh I’ve spent plenty. And spent even more on midsole swaps😂.

So how do you guys keep it to 15-20? Do you sell the ones you rarely wear on eBay? I find selling on eBay to be so much of a pain, even when I'm not trying to sell for any premium per se.

honestly it gets pretty easy for me. Shoes either get worn or they sit in my closet. If I have something that stays DS for more than 2 seasons they go on the chopping block. Usually stockx because it’s easy

Just wouldn’t feel right looking at my feet paying hundreds over the retail. They already overpriced.

just ain’t worth it.

im the exact opposite. In my eyes theres no bigger flex than to wear something “valuable” like any other shoe. Nothing better than a grail with miles on it

im the exact opposite. In my eyes theres no bigger flex than to wear something “valuable” like any other shoe. Nothing better than a grail with miles on it
Nah man I saw some guy wearing his infrared air max 90s. Nice seein regular peeps wearing kicks . Don’t gotta be $1000 bucks

honestly it gets pretty easy for me. Shoes either get worn or they sit in my closet. If I have something that stays DS for more than 2 seasons they go on the chopping block. Usually stockx because it’s easy
You don’t end up with a bunch of pairs that you only ever end up wearing just a few times? I don’t have a single pair of DS shoes, but I have tons that I never wear. I wish I could do it like you, but I always think I’m gonna wear them when I first get them.

Nah man I saw some guy wearing his infrared air max 90s. Nice seein regular peeps wearing kicks . Don’t gotta be $1000 bucks

its doesn’t apply to everyone. Not everyone has to spend a ton of money on shoes. I’m just saying when I see someone enjoying their grails, and have clearly been enjoying them by the wear on them, it’s nice too see. Doesn’t take away from your example either. That’s also cool to see

You don’t end up with a bunch of pairs that you only ever end up wearing just a few times? I don’t have a single pair of DS shoes, but I have tons that I never wear. I wish I could do it like you, but I always think I’m gonna wear them when I first get them.

some times but generally it’s rare. Intentionally or unintentionally I end up going all in on a pair of shoes or not at all. All have a “go to”
Shoe for like 3-4 weeks straight. And then I’ll rotate to something else that I enjoy

D9E94422-B73B-42D2-878B-8304539BB4FA.jpeg
Favorite pair I’ve copped in a good long while.

None of my sneakers really look worn outside of my running shoes... but I only get to wear the 2 days a week... and I have over 100 pairs so I never wear the same pair more than once a month. The only exception is when I go on vacation. So at best I might wear my favorite pairs 12 times a year, and thats if we have a mild winter with little snow, because once snow hits the ground its time to break out the boots.

Back
Top Bottom