A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

i admitted my thought was wrong. i mean technically, i only said i didnt think they would drop on snkrs. no guarantees. all i wanted was for homeboy to drop his sources and stop the attacks that everyone seemed to ignore. he spewed tons of attacks and racist stuff.

dragonslayer was the one HARDCORE about the drop not happening. the banned guy kept the attacks going, and yall looked at me like it was my fault for asking the dude to show his sources.

these are nice shoes. but the maroonish purple just doesnt do it for me. release of the year? ehhhhhhhhh.

i was more confused as why nike produced 5x more sz14.5 for this release, when they never produce enough sz13 for the men.

lol bro, I LITERALLY SAID after the release there is a second wider release

‘magic’ would have been a normal accent color. purple/maroon aint it. i own this shoe. i REALLY buy shoes (over 20 years). so theres one. the travis 6 khaki are just as good of “magic” as these.

but nice try at a subtle putdown.

‘magic’ would have been a normal accent color. purple/maroon aint it. i own this shoe. i REALLY buy shoes (over 20 years). so theres one. the travis 6 khaki are just as good of “magic” as these.

but nice try at a putdown.

nah if you think Travis 6s are even on the same pedestal as these, your buggin, and let your defenses down I’m not coming after you, I never had a issue with you, you know that

LPU..

3B1BC57C-59C0-4E5D-A234-A046C559309E.jpeg

I've heard of a few people say they maroon/purple is not their cup of tee, but these are also the same people that said any shoe that comes in women's sizing is strictly for women only. They looked at the Sail OW 4's and said its feminine because of the color.

That "maroon/purple" color is more of a grey to me anyway. Everything about this shoe gave it a top shoe of the year contender (so far it is in my book), and the way it was released (dropped like 4-5 times) was the cherry on top.

Curious to see what other shoe you guys have as a contender for shoe of the year. Travis/Frag? Union 4?

Was wrong about the shoes dropping

Now the shoes are “ehh”

Lol anyways, back to the kicks
i always said the shoes were ehhh. and i have them. had them then.

sail OW are a great colorway. just something about that purplish maroon. if a womens sized shoe actually drops in extended mens sizing, its usually fairly unisex.

this colorway doesnt scream ‘womans shoe’ at all. its not that the purplish maroon is ugly, cuz its not. just not for me.

hell i mean, im glad its not some gimmicky 3m, weird seasonal color that theyre trying to push, etc. god remember when everything that one year was “gamma blue” that they shoved down our throats?

its up there for shoe of the year. but thats usually a very subjective ‘internet superlative.’ rarely is there a unianimous type of shoe/release of the year.

these. TS6 khaki. unions will all be up there. trav frag lows (if 200k is true)

but itll be the cool grey XI when all said and done. for me at least.

pair came in the other day and was finally able to try them on for myself, and i just gotta say - THANK GOD i did not follow any of your guys' advice to go down .5

i'm a super consistent 8.5 in nike and ended up going with a 10w in these, and there's just no way .5 down would've worked out

my pinky toes would've been dying, and i don't even understand the whole "extra room in the toe box" thing that's been brought up numerous times, either, since that's definitely not the case for me

these fit just like any other 8.5 nike

and the thing, too, is that i only tried these on briefly while sitting and standing up in my room, and they already felt nice and comfortably snug as they were (though a disclaimer: i did not actually lace them up and walk around)

can't imagine how that .5 down would've felt by comparison, especially after an actual full day's worth of wear where your feet are swollen by the end

i feel like those citing that these run big either:

a) have obscenely narrow feet

and/or

b) don't know their actual foot/shoe size (which - considering this is niketalk - wouldn't surprise me)

Last edited:
pair came in the other day and was finally able to try them on for myself, and i just gotta say - THANK GOD i did not follow any of your guys' advice to go down .5

i'm a super consistent 8.5 in nike and ended up going with a 10w in these, and there's just no way .5 down would've worked out

pinky toes would've been dying, and i don't even understand the whole "extra room in the toe box" thing that's been brought up numerous times either, since that's definitely not the case for me

these fit just like any other 8.5 nike for me

and the thing, too, is that i only tried these on briefly while sitting and standing up in my room, and they already felt nice and comfortably snug as they were (though a disclaimer: i did not actually lace them up and walk around)

can't imagine how that .5 down would've felt by comparison, especially after an actual full day's worth of wear where your feet are swollen by the end

and/or

b) don't know their actual shoe size (which - considering this is niketalk - wouldn't surprise me)

Do you fit in a row boat?

lol, i'm skinny, dude

5'8 barefoot and was ~120 last time i weighed myself (about a month ago)

-

and yeah, sorry if the tone in my previous post comes off as hostile or condescending or whatever

was just more mad at myself than anything, tbh, for almost deviating against my own mantra of not following this site's sizing advice after getting burned in the past

Last edited:

my pinky toes would've been dying, and i don't even understand the whole "extra room in the toe box" thing that's been brought up numerous times, either, since that's definitely not the case for me

these fit just like any other 8.5 nike

and/or

b) don't know their actual foot/shoe size (which - considering this is niketalk - wouldn't surprise me)

I’m one of those people and I damn well know my size lol. I wear 11 in everything Nike/Jordan. For 20+ years. Never even think about sizing. I can wear my TTS in these—I’m wearing them right now—but I prefer the .5 down. This is just an outlier shoe for me. If I try going down in most stuff, it’s definitely a no go. All it means is, people’s foot shape can make a big difference. Last year I had to go UP .5 on the 34 lows; going TTS on those killed my feet just wearing them while sitting at my desk, let alone walking around in them. Some said same, some said they were fine TTS. This is why sizing advice on here is generally useless.

Last edited:
yeah, i have ibs, so i only eat once a day

i find it's easier to live that way

-

anyway, did anybody else get any messed up suede panels on their pair, like this:

IMG_7362.JPG

as opposed to this:

IMG_7364.JPG

Damn IBS sucks.
How many times do you have to poop eating just once a day?
Have you seen a doctor about it?

lol, it's a pretty gross and embarrassing disease to have, but you can just pm me if you're really that curious

-

anyway, back on topic - anybody else get a f***ed up suede panel like i did?

idk if it bothers me enough to go through the hassle of returning them, putting in another bid, and then praying that i get a better pair, especially if the issue is common

lol, it's a pretty gross and embarrassing disease to have, but you can just pm me if you're really that curious

-

idk if it bothers me enough to go through the hassle of returning them, putting in another bid, and then praying that i get a better pair, especially if the issue is common
It’s common. Some have that super nappy suede. Wouldn’t even call it a defect, just variation.

Yeah the pair I’ve been wearing has it on the ankle part of each shoe…Smooth suede everywhere else…Haven’t really really looked at my second pair closely yet but I’m sure it’s on them too…Nothing too crazy to have to worry about…

I've heard of a few people say they maroon/purple is not their cup of tee, but these are also the same people that said any shoe that comes in women's sizing is strictly for women only. They looked at the Sail OW 4's and said its feminine because of the color.

That "maroon/purple" color is more of a grey to me anyway. Everything about this shoe gave it a top shoe of the year contender (so far it is in my book), and the way it was released (dropped like 4-5 times) was the cherry on top.

Curious to see what other shoe you guys have as a contender for shoe of the year. Travis/Frag? Union 4?
I feel like that maroon/purple color is a touch of genius. Its not an obvious choice at all but it ends up working so well. That's hard to do. Where did they even find that color?

What’s even wrong with it? Suede hair is a little long versus short/smooth? Seems fine bro

Back
Top Bottom