A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

I got my Dawn, very happy with it, it looks better in person, I double up. Now waiting for my Dusk to be shipped, hopefully I'll get the shipping notice soon.

I am probably in the minority here, but aesthetically I like these 5 (dawn and dusk) better than the A MA 4. These are more comfy too than the 4.

The Dawn pair is a million times better than the 4s, it’s not a contest. I don’t care about the Dusk pair much, so y’all can debate whether the Dusks or the 4s are better.

Last edited:
Raffle pair from AMM website came in a few days ago… they are clean, can’t wait for the black pair🤙🏽

IMG_9060.jpeg

Getting slight FOMO from not getting these... but then I think about all the other stuff I actually got on sale for BF... a racing wheel, elite xbox controller, regular xbox and PS5 controller, and 11 blu-rays (4 boxed sets and the rest UHD). All for what I would have paid for just the 2 pairs of shoes if I got lucky and got them both for retail. That's not even including if I got pairs for the rest of the family or clothing... I would have been spending a stack... in which case I could have got this 16 inch Klispch subwoofer I also don't need but would use a lot more than any pair of shoes. I will probably regret not having these in my collection... but I know I will get a lot more use out of the things I did buy. At least... that's what I am gonna keep telling myself. :smile:

Honestly I still salty about all these extra pairs of 12s in my closet that I can't return that would have paid for these 2x over. Lol

Getting slight FOMO from not getting these... but then I think about all the other stuff I actually got on sale for BF... a racing wheel, elite xbox controller, regular xbox and PS5 controller, and 11 blu-rays (4 boxed sets and the rest UHD). All for what I would have paid for just the 2 pairs of shoes if I got lucky and got them both for retail. That's not even including if I got pairs for the rest of the family or clothing... I would have been spending a stack... in which case I could have got this 16 inch Klispch subwoofer I also don't need but would use a lot more than any pair of shoes. I will probably regret not having these in my collection... but I know I will get a lot more use out of the things I did buy. At least... that's what I am gonna keep telling myself. :smile:

Honestly I still salty about all these extra pairs of 12s in my closet that I can't return that would have paid for these 2x over. Lol

This reads like you’re already half way to deciding that you’re going to pick these up 😂

my suggestion is that if you’re above a size 10, grab a pair on a restock this week while you can so you can cop at retail. FOMO is only going to get worse as the fit pics and the“these are better than expected” posts keep rolling through

Nah I am good, I am strictly a retail or bust person... if these pop up on a restock I might bite... but I have several chances to cop the white pair... which I honestly didn't want. The black pair were the ones I wanted out of the two, but I got caught up at work on black friday so I didn't even get to try for those. It's really no biggie... already missing the 1s and 4s, and I passed on the Air Ships... so I am actually doing better than I thought at not buying shoes unless I really kinda want em.

Also I got $600 worth of pillows for $100... I like saving money more than getting a pair of shoes at retail, by far... getting a pair of shoes you want on sale tho... *chefskiss

these are nice. props to those who copped.

to those worried about fomo... these aren't THAT great. a ma maniere storytelling has been pretty lackluster... not to mention the allegations. a ma isn't off-white.

i have one wear logged between my pair of grapes and my pair of laney's that released from 10 years ago. i need to get on that. point being... these are a want, not a need. too much good stuff releasing and not enough moments in life to wear them before they release again.

A Ma >>> Off White

not even close.
none of these colorways exist in a world where off-white didn't do it first.

as a brand argument, that's hilarious. like comparing social status to louis vuitton. literally.

this was never about a ma vs. off-white to begin with.

I just dont like the off white design philosophy. I dont want holes and bungie cords and ate up looking midsoles on my shoes... Im not even really a fan of the aged look. Im not even gonna get started on the clothing brand cuz theres not a single item I would wear.

not even close.
none of these colorways exist in a world where off-white didn't do it first.

as a brand argument, that's hilarious. like comparing social status to louis vuitton. literally.

this was never about a ma vs. off-white to begin with.
Im sure Im in the minority but Dawn AMM 5s are better than the white Off-white 5s TO ME. The black is a different conversation.

Last edited:
virgil wrote the book on streetwear and whitner is a follower.
the shoes are neat tho. was never meant to be a debate piece.

Reactions: mkj
OW5 are terrible. I wouldn't want holes all over my shoes. that crap was inspired by the jordan 2010. take away the name and make them a GR and they're sitting.

I copped on the 17th on the AMM site I was pending at first then they put the money back in my account now they processed it this morning around 5 AM hopefully I get tracking today 🤞🏾

Back
Top Bottom