A serious media double-standard...Charlie Sheen just tried to murk his wife, but Tiger did "E"

Honestly, I had never heard of the whole Charlie Sheen ordeal until someone brought it up in another thread a few days ago. Where's the outcry for what hedid? Sheen held a knife to the throat of his wife, and this is 2nd page news to Tiger supposedly doing ecstasy? Serious double-standard here, don't yathink? I was just reading about Charlie Sheen, and there was nothing buy support and sympathy for the dude as he RETURNED to work like 10 dayslater....pathetic.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

Charlie Sheen was never an icon, nor do I think kids ever looked up to him though.
U serious in thinking Sheen was never an icon?
laugh.gif

Apples and Oranges.

Charlie Sheen getting into trouble is nothing new. He has a long history (google it). He is a Hollywood bad boy.

The Tiger Woods story was huge (not to me personally) because it was a major fall from grace. Plus the circumstances surrounding everything made it that moreintriguing. Think of how big the story would've been if Tiger would've pressed charges?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Charlie Sheen was never an icon, nor do I think kids ever looked up to him though.
laugh.gif

Do you know what an ICON is?? ICON. There are only a few of them. Sheen isn't even an A-List actor. Charlie Sheen is a pebble to Tiger Woods.

Charlie Sheen has always been a crazy dude. He's shot one girlfriend, has beat up at least three others, has been in rehab and jail several times, etc. Hisown father thinks he's crazy and has notified the police every time he's violated his parole. IMO, he is very different from Tiger who purposefullysculpted an image that he was a great role model with morals.

Just like Shaq does crazy stuff all of the time, and it never makes news. No one expects anything of him or Charlie, but a lot was expected of Tiger, and heencouraged those expectations.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

laugh.gif

Do you know what an ICON is?? ICON. There are only a few of them. Sheen isn't even an A-List actor. Charlie Sheen is a pebble to Tiger Woods.
Sheen is an A-List actor.

He's been in several succesful films, some that are still popular and he is on a highly rated hit TV show. He is a household name.

Sheen is a huge name still. He's been around Hollywood for years and his show is a monster hit.

What Charlie did was far worse, no one can deny that, but no one should really be surprised that he's done something crazy. The media has had their waywith Charlie Sheen for any number of incidents in the past, and to them.. he isn't as big of a story compared to the world's number 1 golfer, who neverdid a thing wrong in the media's eyes, having such an epic fall from grace.

If this was Charlie's first incident, it would be a much bigger story. It also reinforces the power of the media in society, look how easy it's been tomove on and ignore a well-known actor as he threatened to kill his wife.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

He's been in several succesful films, some that are still popular and he is on a highly rated hit TV show. He is a household name.

No one can argue my second statement though. I still stand by my first statement. He WAS an A-List actor. His career is on the decline. When was the last goodmovie he starred in? Comparing him and Tiger is stupid. Plus, Charlie Sheen image sort of encompasses this erratic behavior. Tiger's behavior never everpredicted his affairs.

Originally Posted by Tinchy Stryder

Are you on smack?

Platoon > Tiger getting a birdy on a par 4 (WHAT THE %**$ DOES THAT MEAN?!)

Stick to killing the real world dude. Intelligent discussion, matter fact conversation, isn't your thing.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

A-list actors don't star in sitcoms. Stop.

There's a great SI article about the appeal of the Tiger Woods story that says it a lot better than I can. But a huge part of the appeal is the fact thatthis icon, one of the most famous men of our generation, has a personal life so different from the nearly-perfect mask he's put on for the public all theseyears. It's not hard to see why this is a bigger deal than some washed-up actor and his marital problems.

Imagine if Barack Obama was cheating on his wife......now imagine if, say, Eddie Murphy was. Which story do you think is gonna be bigger?
laugh.gif

You're completely disregarding the fact that Charlie Sheen was never at any point in his career held to any standard. Dudes been a notorious drug addict inand out of rehab and a complete mess for a large portion of his career with numerous bad relationships.

Tiger on the other hand was portrayed his entire life as being pristine and the fact that he wasn't is what baffled everyone and made the story such a bigdeal.

Are you on smack?

Stick to killing the real world dude. Intelligent discussion, matter fact conversation, isn't your thing.
He's responding to her saying he was NEVER an icon. Platoon made him who he is today. Definitely a youngster.

Someone on here said it before, if Tiger had just come clean and said he had a sex addiction then this whole thing would have not become the firestorm that itis. The way the whole thing began during the holiday season and how it started as a trickle before becoming a deluge kinda has to do with where we're atnow.

Originally Posted by reemz

You're completely disregarding the fact that Charlie Sheen was never at any point in his career held to any standard. Dudes been a notorious drug addict in and out of rehab and a complete mess for a large portion of his career with numerous bad relationships.

Tiger on the other hand was portrayed his entire life as being pristine and the fact that he wasn't is what baffled everyone and made the story such a big deal.
Well said, this is what I was trying to say.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

You're completely disregarding the fact that Charlie Sheen was never at any point in his career held to any standard. Dudes been a notorious drug addict in and out of rehab and a complete mess for a large portion of his career with numerous bad relationships.

Tiger on the other hand was portrayed his entire life as being pristine and the fact that he wasn't is what baffled everyone and made the story such a big deal.
Well said, this is what I was trying to say.
This.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Are you on smack?

He's responding to her saying he was NEVER an icon. Platoon made him who he is today. Definitely a youngster.

And that is not an ICON or A-list actor. His career is in a major decline. He has no real opportunities so he had to do Wall Street 2. The end of the 80s/early90s would be when I'd say he was at the top of his fame.

I wasn't going to comment b/c they are 2 different situations...

Until I saw the description of the Vanity Fair Cover... Called Tiger a "prison yard thug"... Let David Beckham ( I know we are talking about Sheen)do the cover the same way and they will call him a "Bad Boy"

this has gotten disgusting...

Originally Posted by Essential1

Until I saw the description of the Vanity Fair Cover... Called Tiger a "prison yard thug"... Let David Beckham do the cover the same way and they will call him a "Bad Boy"

For starters, those pictures are old taken last summer before this whole incident and Vanity Fair decided to run them now for a story with theobvious intention of selling magazines and milking the situation for as much money as possible. As for the David Beckham comparison, that's a terrible onebecause Beckham never cheated on his wife with 7+ women. If the same picture was featured before this whole situation do you think they would refer to him assuch? Obviously not. Seriously, stop acting to horrified.

i see the double standard, but out of the country.. Tiger is more well known than Sheen
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Until I saw the description of the Vanity Fair Cover... Called Tiger a "prison yard thug"... Let David Beckham do the cover the same way and they will call him a "Bad Boy"

For starters, those pictures are old taken last summer before this whole incident and Vanity Fair decided to run them now for a story with the obvious intention of selling magazines and milking the situation for as much money as possible. As for the David Beckham comparison, that's a terrible one because Beckham never cheated on his wife with 7+ women. If the same picture was featured before this whole situation do you think they would refer to him as such? Obviously not. Seriously, stop acting to horrified.
obvious why Vanity Fair is running them...

So because Tiger Cheated on his wife, it is ok to call the man a "PRISON YARD THUG"......

The bottom line is that ol half breed tiger had the audacity to cheat on Elin. How could he? It's not quite a double standard because the wrongs aredifferent. I bet Tiger sees he is black now.

He's Charlie Sheen tho, the brother of the Mighty Ducks coach, Emilio Estevez, and Martin Sheen's son.

Back
Top Bottom