A smart change Nike and JB should do

I was in thinkin earlier today why doesnt nike and JB put a sticker so you could tell if your shoes were authentic.They could also put something in the shoe Simething hard to forge A good exmple would be currency except try it on a shoeWouldnt this make way easier to make sure your shoe was 100% authentic

Originally Posted by TexasReppin214

I was in thinkin earlier today why doesnt nike and JB put a sticker so you could tell if your shoes were authentic.They could also put something in the shoe Simething hard to forge A good exmple would be currency except try it on a shoeWouldnt this make way easier to make sure your shoe was 100% authentic

A good idea... except... that would probably result in bigger mark-up on our already "fair" retail prices...

until the bootleggers and "unauthorized" sellers figure out how to duplicate that as well.

No matter what JB does to deter fakes, the fakes will ultimately catch on.

However, they can put some sort of hologram on each sole that displays when a certain light is shined on them.

It seems fantasy, but like djeo23 said, it'll increase prices.

they did this, but far more securely than a sticker. remember registering the xx2 online?

in return we got a xx2 wallpaper (basically an electronic picture of the shoe) and a completely useless jb flightclub membership. but since the rego code worked, you knew it was for real.

only problem is you can only use it once, so useless for resale. ... on second thought, yeah jb should bring that back
happy.gif
:D:D

Maybe not a sticker...but perhaps a certificate of authenticity that comes with the shoes. Something that has a serial number that you can check online to verify the authenticity of your pair. I know it's probably a hassle that Nike doesn't want to go through but if it means saving customers and fan base it's definitely a start.

One thing that I thought was clever on the XX1's was the hidden message you could only see under a black light. Maybe they could continue this with a printed serial number somewhere on the shoes.

absolutely. Anything that wouldnt be expensive like a certain mark or serial number etc. would always be produced eventually. There is too much of a demand

exactly. and i bet the more retros that come out. the more ideas they are running out of. the more the shoes will be marked up

Man, take your good ideas and common sense and kick rocks! - Signed, Nike 
laugh.gif

It doesnt have to be a sticker it could be anything but a certificate of authenticity sounds nice Im
Just throwin ideas out there i wanted to see wat NT thought. Another thing they could do is change the certifiate sticker paper barcode or etc and change it about every 5 years so it be harder to duplicate but in the end theres clever people so it might not work thanks for comments

I'm all for the change, so it help us differentiate from authentic to fake.
Also it keep the whole shoe collecting more enjoyable not ruin with these new early release site and whatnot.
Keeping that in mind I'm sure Nike are aware of these, but one thing that I ask myself if I'm affiliated with Nike.

- how much is gonna cost us?
- how will affect prices?
- will we have consumer pay more to cover the cost?
etc....

only problem is that that their "authentic" pairs sometimes are even worst quality then the unauthorized early pairs. Now that's a problem!
what they should focus on his improve QC to get all pairs to A grade quality only. We never saw major issues like this back in the 90s and early 2000s

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

only problem is that that their "authentic" pairs sometimes are even worst quality then the unauthorized early pairs. Now that's a problem!
what they should focus on his improve QC to get all pairs to A grade quality only. We never saw major issues like this back in the 90s and early 2000s

Maybe not to the extreme that we see today, but I remember inspecting my pairs back in the days and finding glue marks, stitching errors etc. Store owners would look at me crazy when I asked for another pair due to minor defects. Thing is there wasn't Jordan aficionados like there are today. Most people were just happy to have a pair of jays, never inspected them, just tossedtheir old kicks in the new Jordan box and wore the fresh pair out the door and could careless if they matched or not.We wore our kicks to the ground and never thought twice about quality or how limited our shoes were.Today's consumers are a new breed. I myself won't even wear a pair till at least 6 months to year after purchase.I'm not trying to be 1 of 50 in the mall wearing yesterday's newest JB release. That's just me though.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

until the bootleggers and "unauthorized" sellers figure out how to duplicate that as well.

I'm saying though. They can make fake Louis, fake Rollies, and fake Rolls Royces. 
Making a fake imprint of authenticity isn't hard for dudes out here. 

This idea was incorporated into the AJXX1. Jordan Brand included a watermarked card of authenticity with the shoes and the actual shoe itself, like a previous member stated, had a "secret message" which was visible using a backlight.

At the end of the day, nobody really cared or even bothered to check. In the case of the XX2's... how many of us actually registered our pairs? I had 6 and I didn't even think once to do it.

Originally Posted by TexasReppin214

like currency? then we can just hold up a pair of Js in the light and see Jordans face smiling at us with a look that's saying "suckers"
laugh.gif
what ever Nike/JB try to do, people will still try to counterfeit it...a good example...CURRENCY! its a good thought...but Nike/JB wont care...why spend extra money when all their stock sells out in less than a day or two. they could care less if you spend your money on fakes ( eBay, CL, early releases etc.) as long as their inventory is sold. Now if the fakes were hurting their pockets then maybe they'll probably try to step in. i for one don't see this happening anytime soon cause most of their retros sold out last year and Nike/JB's pocket gets fatter every release.

Originally Posted by soysauce23

This idea was incorporated into the AJXX1. Jordan Brand included a watermarked card of authenticity with the shoes and the actual shoe itself, like a previous member stated, had a "secret message" which was visible using a backlight.

At the end of the day, nobody really cared or even bothered to check. In the case of the XX2's... how many of us actually registered our pairs? I had 6 and I didn't even think once to do it.
I did 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

what they should focus on his improve QC to get all pairs to A grade quality only. We never saw major issues like this back in the 90s and early

Maybe not to the extreme that we see today, but I remember inspecting my pairs back in the days and finding glue marks, stitching errors etc. Store owners would look at me crazy when I asked for another pair due to minor defects. Thing is there wasn't Jordan aficionados like there are today. Most people were just happy to have a pair of jays, never inspected them, just tossedtheir old kicks in the new Jordan box and wore the fresh pair out the door and could careless if they matched or not.We wore our kicks to the ground and never thought twice about quality or how limited our shoes were.Today's consumers are a new breed. I myself won't even wear a pair till at least 6 months to year after purchase.I'm not trying to be 1 of 50 in the mall wearing yesterday's newest JB release. That's just me though.

This!!!

isn't there something on the jordan xxi where you hit it with a black light and a code comes out? Some one refresh my mind!

If someone out there can make it -someone out there can fake it.

The easiest solution is to just stop buying from early release sites period -buy from authorized Nike account holders only, then you won't have these worries.

As mentioned -the best thing Nike could do for their customers would be to step up their QC  (just don't expect this to happen anytime soon)

Back
Top Bottom