A Tribe Called Quest Apreciation Thread

I didn't want another Tribe album when Phife was alive let alone now that he's passed.

That tension between him and Tip seemed liked too much for them to have that same chemistry they did on their first couple of projects and anything after that might have been forced, which is always a bad thing when it comes to art.

Ill cop this when it drops since i have all their other joints and hopefully Phife's fam sees some bread off of this but I don't expect much from this.

I bought the preorder on the groups site. Got the CD/download package.

I just wish they didn't have as many guests on the album. I wish it was just them...

Having a bunch of guest artists is kinda lame... It's what kills The Roots albums for me....

I didn't want another Tribe album when Phife was alive let alone now that he's passed.

That tension between him and Tip seemed liked too much for them to have that same chemistry they did on their first couple of projects and anything after that might have been forced, which is always a bad thing when it comes to art.

I just wish they didn't have as many guests on the album. I wish it was just them...

Having a bunch of guest artists is kinda lame... It's what kills The Roots albums for me....

Last edited:
I bought the preorder on the groups site. Got the CD/download package.

Where's the track list at, cause I sure hope this isn't gonna be on some Biggie's Born Again type steez.

New album is floating around out there. Listening now.

Still gonna buy a copy.

Last edited:
This is the only forum I thought of checking out when I began listening to the new album.... And my thread from 7 years ago has been brought back from the dead. :smokin

Joint is nice, I like it, but I'm sad because this is it, as in the very last one. At least Phife was able to record and there were no re-used lyrics.

Album is dope. Best Q-Tip has rhymed in over a decade. Beats are smooth but the mix is grimey. Only dissatisfaction was Andre 3000's verse besides that great album. R.I.P PHIFE. Glad I supported.

Yo, this album is niiiiiiice!!!

Sad Phife couldn't be alive for another tour.

I tried liking the new De La but it had a too polished feel to the album. I'll try listening to it a 5th time... :rolleyes

Initially was highly apprehensive when I heard a new record was coming out, but am happy to wrong. Album is straight [emoji]128293[/emoji] [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji].

Also had doubts about all the guest appearances, but hats off to Q-Tip and the team for making it work seamlessly.

Didn't think ATCQ needed to say anymore, but this album is the perfect victory cigar for the GOAT Hip-Hop group.

Salute.

I thought the De La album was just ok, plus it was too long

So this is good?

I was apprehensive

Man, I'm really really loving this release... Tip & Ali Shaheed Muhammad have matured so much musically & Phife is Phife man... Good to have the chef Jarobi back in the fold too. Album is such a beautiful artistic endeavor.

Kinda reminds me of Donald Glover's Atlanta in that ATCQ concentrated on their art to make sure they put something great out instead of putting out something to get commercial appeal.

Album is straight flames...

Side note, Jarobi has ex pron star Sinnoman Love wifed up... :smokin

Last edited:
Initially was highly apprehensive when I heard a new record was coming out, but am happy to wrong. Album is straight [emoji]128293[/emoji] [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji].

Also had doubts about all the guest appearances, but hats off to Q-Tip and the team for making it work seamlessly.

Didn't think ATCQ needed to say anymore, but this album is the perfect victory cigar for the GOAT Hip-Hop group.

Salute.

Well said.

Back
Top Bottom