A Tribute Post For CO.JP's: Whats Your Fav CO.JP AF1/Dunk

030107.jpg

Lets bring this thread back alive! 

Here is my small contribution... 

Had to double up on the HK's..

I mean, they're up there on my list of best dunks, but not co.jp, very similar to the Ceramics from the ugly duckling pack though.

I agree with you guys, can't go wrong with all suede. The Ceramics, Caves, and Ugly Ducklings, and Smurfs are all nice.

But the Viotechs were my personal favorite... 

It's so hard to choose considering how many great co.jp colorways there are, but I think I have to go with 2 sets of 2: Metallic Purple/Black and Black/Metallic Purple and White/Purple and Purple/White.

Excuse the other kicks. I just completed the set a month or so ago and I haven't taken a group shot of all 4.

Sick Argons man. They're always refreshing to look at.

Thanks for the info. I'm still a little confused. Is the Co of Japan a separate company or something that collaborates with Nike? Don't knowwhat the black paper Nike tag that you are refering to is, but the sneakers shown in the thread just look like any other Nike-made sneakers. Is there somethingthat shows they are Co ****?

The colorway is the main difference. It looks plain at first sight, but if you look closely the leather is of different quality and the color is more vibrant. No Nike ID colors or retros have been able to mimic the colors and quality from CO.JP, Euro Exclusive, Asia Exclusive, and JD exclusives. A lot of the OG Dunks also come with black box and Nylon Tongue which is also a plus.

Last edited:
^ and what classifies a Co.Jp as "City Attacks"? Aren't those Ultramans?

I'm all confused now.

smh.gif

Just to contribute. One general rule to tell whether a colorway is the City Attack / Reverse / 'Ura' colorway :
- if the front toe trim is of a lighter color than the toe box color then it is the CA/Reverse/'Ura' colorway
Example : Reverse Curry Dunks (CA release)

- if the front toe trim is of a darker color than the toe box color and if it was NOT part of the original 'Be True To Your School' colorways then it was co.jp colorway called a QS release (it was less limited than the CA colorways)
Example : Curry Dunks (QS release)

- if the front toe trim is of a darker color than the toe box color and if it was part of the original 'Be True To Your School' colorways then it was basically a Footlocker release in the US
Example : Michigan Dunks, St Johns, UNLV and so on

For dunks, id say viotechs (which i don't have). Of what I do have, sambas for sure. 

For forces, DEFINITELY 3M snakes. My fav AF1 ever. I have linens too, but they're mostly hype. Cool, but overrated IMO.

What were the obsidian/cones af1? I can never find a pair!
I was waiting for someone to mention them. On my top 5 AF1's on my list.. Gotta love that tumbled leather. I haven't taken mines out of the box in ages, so I had to take them out and snap some pics..

lts not forget about some co.jp blazers. :tongue:

denim blazers.

i also believe these suede blazers that came out in 2001-2002 were co.jps also. let me know if i am mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom