A Vaccine has been developed that reduces the risk of HIV, AIDS w/ evidence; historic milestone!

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

Originally Posted by raptors29

This has probably been around for a while.

of couse it has been....this country is a joke
probably, but its the first time they have some evidence of progress (even if the success rate is only around 31%)

Seriously though, in my opinion, this is almost BEGGING for idiots to use this, go ham, and die taking their "chances" due to "naturalselection."

It's like they're giving you the rope and the chair with the messed up legs, you just have to put your neck in the rope and wobble the chair.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by J Burner

Saw this earlier this morning, I was like
eek.gif
but then I kept reading and learned about the 31% success rate (which means the vaccine fails almost 70% of the time). Still have a long way to go, but nice to see we're getting somewhere finally.
Sadly most people won't even notice the 31% success rate and just see Vaccine and it will be like watching a horrible game of
[h1]
Lemmings-BoxScan.jpg

[/h1]

Originally Posted by eight2one

Magic Johnson is the healthiest HIV positive person ever!

I came in here to say almost this exactly......but I was goin' to say, "Magic had the cure years ago....you just need the $"

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

Originally Posted by eight2one

Magic Johnson is the healthiest HIV positive person ever!

I came in here to say almost this exactly......but I was goin' to say, "Magic had the cure years ago....you just need the $"

qft money > ___________

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Originally Posted by THE FAME

We had a vaccine since the beginning of time.
Its called self control.
If you cant handle that then how is a pill or shot going to help.
This world is always looking for the easy way out.
smh.gif

Getting a shot in the arm now you thinking you free to go dig in every dirty b_ on the block.
smh.gif

Tell that to all the people who got AIDS from cheating spouse, or a blood transfusion, or people in impoverished areas of Africa that don't even know what a condom is.
I have no problem with having a vaccine for the first two at all.
Unfortunately because today's society inevitability to have discpline, self-control, and easily
submitting into self indulgence has gotten us so far into this @#%% that innocent ones can become infected.
Its 2010 and we still have threads about going in raw.
smh.gif

We had a vaccine since the begining of time.
Its called self control.
smh.gif

Getting a shot in the arm now you thinking you free to go dig in every dirty b_ on the block.
smh.gif
That was corny. You make it seem like everyone with AIDS has caught it from some random broad.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

We had a vaccine since the begining of time.
Its called self control.
smh.gif

smh.gif
That was corny. You make it seem like everyone with AIDS has caught it from some random broad.

*read above post*

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

Originally Posted by raptors29

This has probably been around for a while.

of couse it has been....this country is a joke
smh.gif
Taking what you have for granted.

Sweet. One more medication to cost a fortune in America and be sold in every other country for dirt cheap.

Blame that on the patent length for medication (5 years). Drugs aren't made overnight. It takes at least 20 years to make a drug at the expense ofbillions of dollars. The pharm. companies are trying to make back as much as they can before the patent expires.

You'd be a fool to think that there aren't vaccines out there...They have cures to a lot of stuff out there but the risks are too high and thevariances too broad for any of it to be implemented on a wide scale beyond the supervision of a research lab.

eek.gif
but then I kept reading and learned about the 31% success rate (which means the vaccine fails almost 70% of the time). Still have a long way to go, but nice to see we're getting somewhere finally.
No...it was the people with the vacinne were 30% less likely to get aids

btw who else notice how messed up this study was...I mean I know the importance of a placebo, but putting people under the impression that they got vaccinatedand than they go out and get aids
eek.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

You'd be a fool to think that there aren't vaccines out there...They have cures to a lot of stuff out there but the risks are too high and the variances too broad for any of it to be implemented on a wide scale beyond the supervision of a research lab.

like what?

HIV/AIDS is hard to "cure" because:
- there's no grace period. some viruses take a few days to generate and search for their target cells - HIV is practically instantaneous. the humanbody's antibodies don't have enough time to replicate in response to the infection.
- it mirrors human antigens, so it's hard for antibodies to find targets.
- the virus establishes latency early on, meaning it can "hide" itself in host cells. this tricks the immune system into thinking nothing is wrongand everything's peachy. this allows the disease to run rampant without detection.
- it mutates faster than almost any virus known to man. by the time scientists have developed a medicine, its atomic structure has already transformed intosomething completely different.
- it develops resistance to whatever drugs the medical world has developed.
- it destroys the immune system's cells.

as of today, there are currently less than 30 drugs on the market to help people live/cope with HIV/AIDS, andthey're super expensive. one of the last treatments is an injection - i can't seem to remember the name - that's over $1,000.00 per shot.

i hate to be a debbie downer but i really don't think a vaccine will be developed anytime in the near future. the 2009 AIDS conference that was held in NYthis past summer was awful and depressing to listen to - scientists were pretty much admitting that we're no closer to a cure than we were 20 years ago.

Originally Posted by Derek916

eek.gif
No...it was the people with the vacinne were 30% less likely to get aids

btw who else notice how messed up this study was...I mean I know the importance of a placebo, but putting people under the impression that they got vaccinated and than they go out and get aids
eek.gif

yea i noticed that part too...that part just didnt seem right when people actually went out and got it...

-Tyler

Another victory for Team Raw!!!!!

But seriously seems they finally decided to release this half #$! version. Just makes me think what they got planned to fill the void.

Back
Top Bottom