Abolish the Welfare System in America Vol. Mature Discussion

If you own your own business, I would hope you were smart enough to set up your own retirement fund.

Let ask you all a question. How do you feel about a person with a full time job, that pays their taxes, using food stamps to buy steak and shrimp??

he could be budgeting better. IM AGAINST ALL AIDS that benefit one group over another.

like should people be mad that millionaires are collecting unemployment? they are just going by the rules. yea sure they can be on their own but the programs there and they qualify for it because of the financial crisis that got them unemployed.

Last edited:
If you own your own business, I would hope you were smart enough to set up your own retirement fund.

Let ask you all a question. How do you feel about a person with a full time job, that pays their taxes, using food stamps to buy steak and shrimp??

he could be budgeting better

if he has all his food for the month, and buys some steak and shrimp he could budget better? How do you budget food stamps? they dont rollover

Dude...Im a social worker and the fraud I see everyday is ridiculous.

Here are a few:

People rolling into my office in their BMW/Mercedes/Range Rover/etc...applying for aid

People who knows the "script" talking about Im homeless, but refuse a hotel voucher (because it deducts from their cash segment)

People who says they have no income, but come through with designer jeans/jordans/2 chainz/iphones while pulling their id's out of their gucci wallets...

People who come in with their parents and their parents tell them exactly what to say and what not to say

People coming in for food stamps and never return (basically gets 2 months worth free and just letting their case terminate because we have to provide expedited/emergency services)

People who gets caught up in lies, gets case denied, then returns next day flipping the script. (rinse and repeat until you get desired results)

Plenty of stuff that we have to honor that 90% of applicants get away with. Real talk. This in in the Compton office btw

Here are a few:

People rolling into my office in their BMW/Mercedes/Range Rover/etc...applying for aid

People who knows the "script" talking about Im homeless, but refuse a hotel voucher (because it deducts from their cash segment)

People who says they have no income, but come through with designer jeans/jordans/2 chainz/iphones while pulling their id's out of their gucci wallets...

People who come in with their parents and their parents tell them exactly what to say and what not to say

People coming in for food stamps and never return (basically gets 2 months worth free and just letting their case terminate because we have to provide expedited/emergency services)

People who gets caught up in lies, gets case denied, then returns next day flipping the script. (rinse and repeat until you get desired results)

Plenty of stuff that we have to honor that 90% of applicants get away with. Real talk. This in in the Compton office btw

but is this the majority? or some ******** scamming the system? Obviously its an imperfect system, I believe it needs reform, not abolition. Tell us about some people who get it and actually need it.

To whoever said food stamps don't roll over, they do.

I've had people apply for food stamps not knowing they have an active case already opened...(either moved, hospitalized, lost card, forgot, institutionalized, whatever) and just getting a new EBT issued with that balance. Most I've seen was almost 2,000 in food stamps that basically kept rolling over...

To whoever said food stamps don't roll over, they do.

I've had people apply for food stamps not knowing they have an active case already opened...(either moved, hospitalized, lost card, forgot, institutionalized, whatever) and just getting a new EBT issued with that balance. Most I've seen was almost 2,000 in food stamps that basically kept rolling over...

I guess thats that good budgeting that homie was talking about

if he has all his food for the month, and buys some steak and shrimp he could budget better? How do you budget food stamps? they dont rollover

i had to edit cause i lost my connection

he could be budgeting better. IM AGAINST ALL AIDS that benefit one group over another.

like should people be mad that millionaires are collecting unemployment? they are just going by the rules. yea sure they can be on their own but the programs there and they qualify for it because of the financial crisis that got them unemployed.
Edited by andycrazn - Today at 11:13 am

Also having things =/= having money.

Even though I know this is probably not the case, people do lose good jobs.

Solorius49:

Yes. Sorry to say, in my office this is the majority. Everyday. Been working in this office for 5 + years (graduated from college in 2007)

I do think people need it/deserve/entitled to it, but real talk it has gotten out of hand.

Keep in mind I work in the biggest welfare/social services offices in Los Angeles County.

We have to issue same day food stamps if the "script" is right. Yes, even if you have no ID or no Social Security card...we basically have ghosts come in get their food stamps and dip. Its a vicious cycle.

Solorius49:

Yes. Sorry to say, in my office this is the majority. Everyday. Been working in this office for 5 + years (graduated from college in 2007)

I do think people need it/deserve/entitled to it, but real talk it has gotten out of hand.

Keep in mind I work in the biggest welfare/social services offices in Los Angeles County.

We have to issue same day food stamps if the "script" is right. Yes, even if you have no ID or no Social Security card...we basically have ghosts come in get their food stamps and dip. Its a vicious cycle.

damn dude and your state is beyond broke.

Its not State. Food Stamps is a federal program. We all are getting played...

Food Stamps are provided by the government. Although each state's budget it different, its all coming from the same place.

Its not State. Food Stamps is a federal program. We all are getting played...

Food Stamps are provided by the government. Although each state's budget it different, its all coming from the same place.

i dont know how the money flows to these programs then. is it based on need? the more people that have needs the more the federal government gives the states? kinda like good performing schools gets more aid.

Also having things =/= having money.

Even though I know this is probably not the case, people do lose good jobs.

I am aware of this. We know what's going on. Trust me. We have systems to check that and I've had people apply to get a measley $221 in cash and $176 in food Stamps coming from a 6 figure Boeing job. He looked at me and was like, "wtf am I supposed to do with this?"

But most cases its the latter. Straight up fraud. Its even worse when legal aid is in the building...they make sure everyone gets approved or else you gonna have to go to a hearing.

Aftermarket fraud is wild too (basically like resellers/gift payments/disputes/chargebacks in our sneaker community)

They sell their EBT cards with money on it. Then come to the office and say they got their card stolen or lost...you don't want to know how much plastic we go through.

We issue them a new card with whatever balance is left on it and the other (sold card) is immediately deactivated. (buyer gets got thinking he has x amount of food stamps but a day later its a deactivated card that only got a one time use if that)

Solorius49:

Thank you. Yet I'm the one who doesn't know what they're talking about......:smh:

Here are a few:

Dude I am a tax accountant and the fraud I see during tax season is ridiculous.

People rolling into my office in their BMW/Mercedes/Range Rover/etc...yet they qualify for a refundable EARNED INCOME CREDIT

People who come in with a W-2 stating they only made $5,000, but come through with designer jeans/jordans/2 chainz/iphones while pulling their id's out of their gucci wallets...

People who come in with kids and using them as dependents even though they aren't related.

People coming in with fake charitable contribution receipts or fake business expenses or tax deductions

Real talk. :lol:

Bottom line, FRAUD exists everywhere. Do you realize how many millions if not billions of tax refunds are sent to people who don't deserve them? What about the rich taxpayers that defraud the govt every year or the one's that don't report their income? Why is the Welfare system being singled out YET defrauding the govt is common practice everywhere? Oh wait.. since they are MINORITIES, they are just freeloaders so it's easy to pick on em right? :smh:

People rolling into my office in their BMW/Mercedes/Range Rover/etc...yet they qualify for a refundable EARNED INCOME CREDIT

People who come in with a W-2 stating they only made $5,000, but come through with designer jeans/jordans/2 chainz/iphones while pulling their id's out of their gucci wallets...

People who come in with kids and using them as dependents even though they aren't related.

People coming in with fake charitable contribution receipts or fake business expenses or tax deductions

Bottom line, FRAUD exists everywhere. Do you realize how many millions if not billions of tax refunds are sent to people who don't deserve them? What about the rich taxpayers that defraud the govt every year or the one's that don't report their income? Why is the Welfare system being singled out YET defrauding the govt is common practice everywhere? Oh wait.. since they are MINORITIES, they are just freeloaders so it's easy to pick on em right? :smh:

income tax is unconstitutional.

And here we go...... No one made this a minority thing.

Where is this 12 page thread then?

Abolish the Tax System in America Vol. Mature Discussion

abolishing the tax system would cause a bunch of other government programs to go insolvent. which isnt necessarily a bad thing. imo the people working full time minimum wage jobs cant support themselves is because of the income tax. a man in the 50s-60s did that and was still able to provide for his family of 4, car note, and house note.

And here we go...... No one made this a minority thing.

Homeboy said he is in the Compton office though.

abolishing the tax system would cause a bunch of other government programs to go insolvent. which isnt necessarily a bad thing. imo the people working full time minimum wage jobs cant support themselves is because of the income tax. a man in the 50s-60s did that and was still able to provide for his family of 4, car note, and house note.

People working full time minimum wage jobs aren't paying income tax brah. It is payroll taxes that are raping them

And you're frauding brah. No man making minimum wage in the 50s and 60s was providing for a family of 4, paying a car note and mortgage. Maybe some factory works and mid level blue collar workers but not minimum wage. Plus taxes were higher back then. So you kinda contradict yourself right there

-Also people love to brag about how "they did it on there own" about how they avoided being on welfare and getting help from the government.........But, come tax time, they down to claim there kids as dependents and get the credit. :rolleyes

Last edited:

Can't... be... serious...

Reactions: wr
Back
Top Bottom